Iveco stralis v Renault premium

The Stralii that I had were all 540s with the 16spd box, I drove all of them at some point and never had any issues with a dead pedal, maybe a bit of regulation with the right boot is needed, maybe it’s because I had my Gucci Loafers on and not a pair of rigger boots :laughing: :laughing:

To answer the OP, I’d take a big (13ltr) Stralis over a Premium, but if they were both 450s I’d toss a coin and either way I’d be happy :wink:

newmercman:
The Stralii that I had were all 540s with the 16spd box, I drove all of them at some point and never had any issues with a dead pedal, maybe a bit of regulation with the right boot is needed, maybe it’s because I had my Gucci Loafers on and not a pair of rigger boots :laughing: :laughing:

To answer the OP, I’d take a big (13ltr) Stralis over a Premium, but if they were both 450s I’d toss a coin and either way I’d be happy :wink:

Crazy.

dave_k:

newmercman:

Crazy.

True…but why do you say that?

Rob K:

Big Truck:
What sort of money are 07/08/09 Premium 6x2 450DXI’s going for with average km’s :question: :confused:

You’re not thinking about setting up again are you BT? :wink:

Defo NOT in this current climate but just thinking aloud :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiley:

On one of our 450DXi’s today again 260km and round about THIRTY roundabouts up@ Derry City and perfect every time. :sunglasses:
Dropped box van when back@ yard and hooked into a decker with no bother on the locking into the pin either. :wink:

newmercman:

Gucci loafers don’t tell me with no socks aswell :slight_smile: :smiley:

kr79:

newmercman:

Gucci loafers don’t tell me with no socks aswell :slight_smile: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing:

Kev, one thing to take into consideration is servicing, if you’re going main dealer and OEM parts, steer clear of the IVECO, around your way you have Dagenham Motors and they are diabolical, Renault Trucks Essex on the other hand are a decent outfit, this is from personal experience of both, things may have changed for the worse at Renault since I left the UK, but I can guarantee they won’t have changed for the better at Dagenham Motors :open_mouth:

I know dagenham motors are dire the firm I’m with now have got a few little cargos and there is a dagenham motors on the same road but they go elsewhere. If i was buying outright out of the two id go renault.
Prices have gone stupid i looked at two 56 plate fh globetrotters which would be my real first choice one euro 3 at 19k and the euro 4 was 28k and the euro 3 was the cleaner of the two!!!

kr79:
I know dagenham motors are dire the firm I’m with now have got a few little cargos and there is a dagenham motors on the same road but they go elsewhere. If i was buying outright out of the two id go renault.
Prices have gone stupid i looked at two 56 plate fh globetrotters which would be my real first choice one euro 3 at 19k and the euro 4 was 28k and the euro 3 was the cleaner of the two!!!

Take those FHs for a drive before committing to them. The suspension and ride goes to ■■■■ on the 2nd gen FHs once they get some miles on them. I’ve been in 2 different 2006 FHs this past couple of days, one with 714k on it and the other 730k and they were HORRIBLE to drive, ride wise. Proper crashing in and out of the cracked/filled holes in the motorways. I was really surprised by it as I’ve driven quite a number of 1st gen FHs with mileage wayyyyyyy higher than those (1m+) and the ride of them was fine. :open_mouth: They don’t build them like they used to anymore… :cry:

Cheers for that Rob I won’t be committing to buying one until the new year and that is only if something else I have on the back burner doesn’t work out. But the prices for anything euro4 is a joke 32k for a 58 plate stralis and it was a basic one wtf.

Big Truck:
What sort of money are 07/08/09 Premium 6x2 450DXI’s going for with average km’s :question: :confused:

During the summer I viewed some 08/08reg Premium euro5 6X2 450 DXI fixed 5th wheel Michelin Tyres 450000kms approx ex contract vehicles.At a Renault main dealer in the midlands £.30000 including drive line warrranty tidy trucks

kr79:
Cheers for that Rob I won’t be committing to buying one until the new year and that is only if something else I have on the back burner doesn’t work out. But the prices for anything euro4 is a joke 32k for a 58 plate stralis and it was a basic one wtf.

Have you thought about a pre emission motor with a catastrophic converter :question: You could pick up a cheap 114 Scania for under 10k (if the spearchuckers haven’t snapped em all up) simple and cheap to maintain, reliable, good on fuel, a perfect start up motor :wink:

I did think about that just seems mad spending 5k on a old motor having a look at a Renault euro4 sensible money in a couple of days see how it goes.
Been driving a daf with one I put a pic of it on my fb but I can’t see how they can be good in the long term it must restrict the engine and cause problems

The Boys Own:

Big Truck:

During the summer I viewed some 08/08reg Premium euro5 6X2 450 DXI fixed 5th wheel Michelin Tyres 450000kms approx ex contract vehicles.At a Renault main dealer in the midlands £.30000 including drive line warrranty tidy trucks

Thank-you. :sunglasses:

As a matter of interest to this topic have recently changed drive belt tensioners on my Premium.This came from Renault as a complete kit including belts.Vehicle is just over three years old and approx 300000 kms.Would be interested to hear from other operators on the subject

The Boys Own:
As a matter of interest to this topic have recently changed drive belt tensioners on my Premium.This came from Renault as a complete kit including belts.Vehicle is just over three years old and approx 300000 kms.Would be interested to hear from other operators on the subject

which belts ?

Denis F:

The Boys Own:

which belts ?

Both Fan and alternator

The Boys Own:

Denis F:

The Boys Own:

which belts ?

Both Fan and alternator

My Premium shredded both belts recently too due to the tensioner being worn :unamused: seems to be a frequent problem as a new tensioner was easy to get hold of :wink: ( 2/12 years old and 220000kms)

btw, it was cheaper to get a Volvo tensioner :neutral_face:

The Boys Own:

Every 250000 kms or 3 years for belts & tensioners - they will fail otherwise - one goes and takes the other off with it normally.
Steve

neversweat1:

The Boys Own:

Every 250000 kms or 3 years for belts & tensioners - they will fail otherwise - one goes and takes the other off with it normally.
Steve

Many thanks interesting the Volvo price was cheaper!!!

Just to keep updated…

Fuel tank split this week on the seam where there is a cut out to allow for the front spring hanger.
Apparently this is a common fault anyone else had a similar situation ■■?
Also changed front and rear brake pads.
As I have said before vehicle has covered 300000 kms approx