ITALY

swiss road tax is 3.07cents per kilometer plus vehicle gross weight. example 300km x 3.07 x 40 ton =368 .40 swiss francs. thats for a euro 2 vehicle. euro 3/4/vehicles are slightly less at 2. 07

swiss is a pain at times.can be delays getting into customs in the mornings,ignorant customs men,stopping for the “height” police on the hard shoulder and getting parked up when weather is iffy.if the boss lets you choose the blanc seems easier,less hassle,or austria via the brenner maybe depending on where your deliveries are.

Well guys, 1st trip out all went roughly ok, too late for the hull boat on Sunday so down to Dover and got the 2:15am which was delayed due to some tech probs, over the other side and the Frogs are all crawling along the corridor cos of a wee bit snow… :open_mouth: pulled into Cappellan for gas and ■■■■ then blew on down to the Blanc…on the monday afternoon :frowning: closed till 6am…and here comes the only mistake i made… I have never come down this way always come through the Blanc from the Italy side. I got woken at 6am when the tunnel opened and blew right past the wee booth b4 you hit the road up the hill to the toll booth and the guy asks for a TICKET■■? what ticket says I■■?
Points to the window at the small euro compliance card … which I dont have :blush: ■■■■ LOL to all the guys stuck behind me BOYLE MLZ2061 SORRY turned and had to go all the way back down to the bottom… Lost an hour 20mph up the hill with 420 horses and 41.5ton curses himself… straight down to Via di Trevisio and got tipped at 6:30pm RESULT…
Load back from Dossan which is 15mins from where I tipped guy at the fish farm drew me a map which was spot on… right to the door…parked up and loaded 4t of itallian expresso machines and spares for Glasgow del friday…Back down and took which was looking at the map the easiest way back up through Aus Ger so off i goes… hit Innsbruick at 12ish and instead of heading for Munich up the motorway I haeded for Zirl and what looked like a short cut… :slight_smile: 3.5t limit halfway up a mountain… :laughing: excuse me Mr Austrian policeman but where would you like me to turn this bloody thing round HAHA lucky no coppers so just headed up over lucky only 4t on even so had to drop 3 full gears :smiley: I reckon my mistake saved me around 1 or 2 hours up to Munich and then on up to Stuttgart…then you guys know the rest from here…
Home Friday morning tipped Glasgow and in the house till Sunday
All in all pretty str8 4ward apart from the Blanc :frowning:
I personally think Munich Innsbruick for Venice Trevisio area but for Torino and Milan would use the Blanc as the Munich road seemed shorter
Anyway Im gonna get my pics up and post a diary
Thanks to all the ppl who gave advice to me before I went it gave a wee bit of a heads up

shyfx003:
I’ve gone down from basel to chiasso and come back domodossola,up over simplon and round to vallorbe…then up the n57 to besancon…last time i came back that way, was back end of summer 06…didnt see any weight limits at the time…Got t form made up at dhl (nr some freight terminal) b4 for u climb up to domodossola…at least you only need the 1 stamp on the T form going back up that way…Any body know if they still use the pink,going down and the blue tickets coming from italy??

Oh how they larf when you arrive at the border having missed the Domodossola freight terminal :blush: It gives them great pleasure and the sheep have an easier day :stuck_out_tongue:

bigsidney, you will need a very large wallet

with you ot a very good credit card,

41.5TN is a very big no, no, for AUSTRIA

they have along the brenner route at least

TWO (2) control points which have weighbridges

the austrians will after weighing you, and collecting

the fine then get the 1.5tn overload taken off your vehicle

and arrange a company to help you transport the goods

to where ever they are destined for,

you are 1.5tn over weight for AUSTRIA;

FRANCE; GERMANY: ALSO italy,

if you use the train you can get away with such weights
normaly .

Hi thanks for that Brit Pete hence the reason for taking imho the long way round on the way down, i came back after loading Trevisio along the brenner with just under 4t so no worries on weight there. I was informed b4 i went the Aus and Italy down innsbruick way were pretty hot on weights so never even took the chances…reminds me a bit of Smokey and the bandit LOL trying to outsmart the cops…and i know it doesnt always work but the thrill adventure is all about taking a risk now and then makes a job just that little bit more interesting. Im not being a smart arse so dont take it that way, we have all at one point or another taken the chance on doing something that if you get caught hell mend ya
Thanks again Pete

Look me up on the Zeebrugge boat.
I’m not on it every week, but I’m fairly easy to recognise, ask Inselaffe :laughing:

On Sunday night, I’m usually wearing a black polo shirt, with the TruckNetUK logo on it and Simon just below the logo.
I also have a fairly heavy beard.
You’ll have met Paul and/or Robert, who both used to work for PJ, but they fancied a proper driving job, so started with Millars :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: .
I’m usually chatting with them, if we aren’t all a group anyway.