It was me!

animal:

Dimlaith:
I don’t ever belive that there is any justification at all, in tampering with some one else’s property. Probably a criminal act has been committed and where do you draw the line?

Well if he parked up dropped trailer then unit parked else where that is out of order in my book & I drive a fridge

Might of had to drop the fridge to get a repair on the unit done.

If it ain’t your DONT TOUCH IT

As for the OP how would you feel if Someone tinkered with some thing that belonged to you and 9 months down the line had rejected goods :unamused:

nick2008:

As for the OP how would you feel if Someone tinkered with some thing that belonged to you and 9 months down the line had rejected goods :unamused:

That has to be one of the best replies seen on here yet :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I sympathise to a certain degree as driver might have buggered off to find somewhere quiet but certainly you should never turn a fridge off don’t matter how annoying it is then come on here acting the tough guy, a lot of these companies now can monitor their fridges from the office and you could have got the driver the elbow or cost an owner driver his livelihood.

What temp was fridge originally set to ? If it was +2 it wouldn’t have kicked in much anyway. Was it still there in the morning turned off ?

Odd that the OP hasn’t come back to defend himself.

There is always the possibility that the fridge was dropped and the unit driven elsewhere so a trailer swap could take place during his rest period, we did this a lot at my last company. I know all the drivers, myself included, would always do our best to drop a running fridge as far away from everybody else as possible, but in a crowded services that’s not always possible, if it had to be dropped next to someone else then we would try and make sure the fridge unit was either well in front, or as far back as possible from the cab of the truck I parked it beside to cut down the noise to him.

Personally, I’ve never understood the hatred of fridges by all non fridge pulling drivers, a fridge burbling 2 foot away from me sent me right off to sleep and meant I didn’t get disturbed by all the noises in a truck park. What I found much worse was the drivers complaining about the fridge noise being the same drivers who thought nothing of having a very loud drunken conversation waking up everybody on their return from the pub!

Not condoning the fridge dropper, but does the OP think it wise to confessing to criminal damage on tinternet? Sympathy, but mums the word mi thinks.

Not often i post on here, but many a time I’ve been parked on my lonesome for the hope of a quiet night, only to be awakened by a bloody fridge! However, maybe this is something that can be addressed in the ever so important CPC lessons we have to attend every 5 years! Driver etiquette!
IE: if you a fridge hauler, park with consideration to others, same for running engines, take note of any closed curtains around you, PARK CONSIDERATLY!!
i know there are many more points to be considered, but as for the OP, i can see your point, but maybe the fridge was carrying medicines, in this day and age the company involved won’t hesitate to take action for the entire stoke of ruined pills, lotions and creams!!

maestegboy:
Time to own up,last week just parked up for night,jumped in bed,flat out.Then captain fridgemaster general decides to park next me. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

He then uncouples and faffs off !!

Burrrrrrrrr Burrrrrrrr ! :open_mouth: :cry: :blush: :blush:

Thats it ,i got out of bed ,and turned the bloody thing off! :open_mouth:

I know i shouldn,t have ,but i did it!

I’d done the same

Nowt wrong with fridges, parked next loads and had loads parked next to me. I’ve even had some of the best nights sleep with the vibration given off.

However dropping a fridge trailer without discussing why you are doing it and then buggering off will mean the fridge is turned off at about 10pm (my bedtime).

Bollox to the repercussions, a level of inconsideration of this magnitude has to be met with an equal dose of inconsideration, korma/karma call it what you like.

Or just maybe I’ll give it the big un on the internet and do nothing more than chunter to myself in real life.

Bloody man up you ■■■■■■■ :wink:

I’m shocked at some of the responses in this thread who think it’s ok to ■■■■ about with someone’s livelihood :open_mouth:

This could easily have been a drop and swap! this is something I do regularly if we have a priority load but driver needing a rest. As stated there could have easily been pharmaceutical supplies involved but no matter what this could have cost the driver his job, the company a contract and the consumer a price rise.

Anyone thinking this is funny or agree with the way the OP behaved seriously needs to consider a career change! you may be a driver but your definitely not a professional…

Fridge motors are pretty annoying, however , it’s a part of this industry and it cannot be right that someone sees fit to turn off an offending fridge.

It’s the stop/ start process which I think now the issue with them. If they run continuously I think your " mind shuts it out". But when they start up again after a period of silence, then that’s the problem.

My opinion only.

mazzer:

nick2008:

That has to be one of the best replies seen on here yet :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I saw what you did there,but obviously.wooooooooshhhh.for the rest…mabey its a northern Ireland thing??

im waiting with eager anticipation to see the next post from the o/p when karma catches up with him…titled…I switched off a running fridge and when I woke up someone had hammered a screwdriver through both my fuel tanks then crapped on my access steps. :slight_smile:

I’m shocked at the lack of intestinal fortitude. Honestly what state has this job come to when you park up for your rest and some Muppet drops a fridge trailer by you and you let them get away with it.

As far as I’m concerned by 10pm it’s an abandoned trailer and fair game, especially if the driver hasn’t bothered to let you know what the crack is.

Conversation whilst driver drops trailer:

Me: Hey drive how’s it going, you leaving that there all night.

Mr Frosty: Yeah and I’m parking in another spot.

Me: OK you leaving it running.

Mr Frosty: Yeah got to sorry.

Me: No worries it will be switched off at 10.

Mr Frosty: It won’t

Me: It will, oh and make sure you pay for 2 spaces and don’t forget you’ve had fair warning, how you wish to proceed is up to you.

Course if things get tasty I reserve the right to lock me doors and hide on me bunk…

dieseldog999:

mazzer:

nick2008:

I saw what you did there,but obviously.wooooooooshhhh.for the rest…mabey its a northern Ireland thing??

I got it, very good. Defo a Northern Ireland thing :wink:

Maybe the driver buggered off to the local chippy or maybe he went off to bang someone else’s Mrs and came back an hour later we’ve not heard from the op yet

Turning a fridge off is silly…but dropping it and doing one is just as bad.

Maybe you should pack some ear plugs in with your gear incase this happens again?

I hope you don’t pull the pin if a random trucker blocks you in at any point!!

buses:
I hope you don’t pull the pin if a random trucker blocks you in at any point!!

Be a bit daft to, thats really cutting your nose off to spite your face :wink:

youve no idea why he dropped it or where he went, to knock a fridge off is the mark of an absolute moron.

a lot on this post seems to think its ok to turn off a fridge, probably the same morons who thinks its ok to pull someones pin…a big issue amongst the posters is the fact that the fridge drive dropped it, in my opinion…if he was doing a change over…surely he would have turned the fridge off anyway…the same as if going to a local chippy…i would anyway…but what the poster should have realised in the first place, was the fact that there was a space next to him…and would he have done the same if the fridge and unit had parked and drew his curtains…i would think he would…the same as a lot of the others would…and thats a bad practice…to interfere with someones equipment.

Don’t understand why they have to be so noisy - we have little 3 cyl gennys and they are whisper quiet - nothing like the racket a fridge motor makes.

But our gens are heavily soundproofed, they have to be, sometimes we put them in peoples gardens etc - and that makes them heavy - maybe that’s the problem.