Is Turkey (fresh or frozen) still the favourite Christmas Di

Punchy Dan:
My Mrs is having pork in cider :wink:

I hope it is Dickens Cider :smiley:

Well Me & Wrighty will have to tend the stock first before we think of sitting down to a Christmas lunch but for sure we will, this afternoon prepared the carrots, sprouts and swede then tomorrow morning when finished outside chores will peel the spuds and parsnips and part boil then its over to the Boss for the cooking. We are having Brisket slow cooked and in my opinion they should have knighted that piece of beef not Sirloin, not a fan of Turkey like Dennis but each to his own but for sure you do need a nice bit of cold ham to accompany either.
Not a lover of Christmas festivities me but its nice to see the kids and in our case grand kids excited, prefer Boxing day with cold meat and a nice bit of bubble with pickles on the side.
Last year went to pub and got led astray but on the antibiotics this year for me leg so no replay there as you always regret it after the event, be glad when its all over and done with and get back to normality, cheers Buzzer.

I’ve spent a couple of Christmas’s in Turkey and I can tell you that it wasn’t very warm. Up in the mountains it was defiantly frozen. But I did have a cab heater that I ran most of the time.

Jeff…

My dad was promised a goose one year and he always did the cooking. My brother and I were at work when the goose was delivered. One thing my dad forgot to mention was that it was a live goose and it was in the shed. I have caught and killed a chicken and rabbit, geese are more stubborn and don’t want to be eaten. We tried to get It cornered, it escaped and could well have escaped many more Christmas days. I think we had pork chops for dinner. [emoji319][emoji23]

when i was a kid we had a big parrot for years.
really clever thing,could Impersonate anything.
one year my dad got laid off and we were skint,so we had to eat the parrot on xmas day.
tasted just like turkey.

Pie and chips for us two OAP’s. We eat well all year, one main meal a day, usually roast something, so today, nice and steady, by ourselves. pie and chips.

Bloody hell dieseldog999, I nearly spilled my beer laughing at that. :smiley: :smiley:

Happy Christmas to everybody.

Arise Sir Brisket, you can stuff your Turkey Dennis, Cheers Buzzer,

dieseldog999:
when i was a kid we had a big parrot for years.
really clever thing,could Impersonate anything.
one year my dad got laid off and we were skint,so we had to eat the parrot on xmas day.
tasted just like turkey.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A large frozen turkey crown, roast spuds and all the trimmings, then Christmas pudding, as much booze as you want, 3 o’clock the queens speech, then the old’uns fall asleep. What more could you ask for.

Christmas dinner at the sprog’s meant that my esteemed son-in-law bought the turkey and beef and I provided the home grown veg. There’s something satisfying about a huge plate of grub that you have grown yourself, especially the sprouts, which S-I-L calls, “Devil’s food”!

Retired Old ■■■■:
Christmas dinner at the sprog’s meant that my esteemed son-in-law bought the turkey and beef and I provided the home grown veg. There’s something satisfying about a huge plate of grub that you have grown yourself, especially the sprouts, which S-I-L calls, “Devil’s food”!

So come on ROF, which Super Market did you “buy” the veg from ? Anon 1. :unamused: :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Unlike some members of this forum, I am quite open and honest about my very productive allotment. Some folk with hobbies/fiddles/dodgy dealings prefer to keep the results of their work hidden in barns up in t’■■■■■■■■ fells.

So rumour has it.

By the way, I’m in the process of renovating an abandoned rotovator and am in the market for an “almost unused” ■■■■■■■ or a 240 Gardner if you could spare one at a decent price. :wink: :wink:

Glad it is all over ,fed up with a sprig of holly in my porrage. Joepipe