Is this legal

i used to sleep across the seats with a bit of string around the windows and that days newspaper acting as curtains.

OH HAPPY DAYS

neil46:
i used to sleep across the seats with a bit of string around the windows and that days newspaper acting as curtains.

OH HAPPY DAYS

Is that the sound of violin music I hear. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Next you’ll be telling how you used to go to the pictures, have fish and chips afterwards, catch the bus home and still have change from a 10 shilling note. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks guys told the gaffer i wasnt going to do it so he gave me a j reg merc to drive rust bucket told him to stick his job. Start new job monday morning driving a 52 plate man tga so fingers crossed everything will be fine. :smiley:

Nice one Brooksy, good luck with the new job.

sound job Brooksy,i`m pleased for ya mate :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorted !!!

Coffeeholic
Where do I find a copy of the rules and regs you talk about? It would be informative to have a look through and could come in handy for later. I’ve googled for HSE and places but after checking through all the sites have never been able to get anything about what is legal and what isn’t.
TIA.

Now you’ve cracked it. Don’t put up with any nonsense from bosses chancing it. Good on ya!

Hollywood, when I say rules and regulations I meant the Tacho rules. That is what is relevent in this case regarding the taking of a daily rest period and what constitutes a bunk and what doesn’t. The tacho rules can be found online here.

As for the the nightheater thing there is no specific rule that says a night heater in a cab is a legal requirement but whether the H&S rules regarding an employers duty of care to employees cover that situation I have no idea. Maybe on the HSe site there is a facility for asking a question and that would maybe be the way to find out.