Is this a joke?

Is that rate not below the new minimum wage thought it had gone up to £7.50 per hour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bald bloke:

BeakFreak81:
My daughter is on 5p an hour more than that, she’s 17 and works part time in a supermarket ffs.

Yes, one of my boys earns £8 an hour working for Serco at the local hospital part-time, serving meals to patients, emptying bins etc and he’s 17. He earns more than the employed Class 1 drivers at the yard where I park my truck.

mrginge:
As im pretty sure that is the same S.R Transport that ‘volvokeef’ on here works for albeit he is a Class 1 driver im sure if he see’s this he will give you the low down.

Different company,nothing to do with us

volvo keef:

mrginge:
As im pretty sure that is the same S.R Transport that ‘volvokeef’ on here works for albeit he is a Class 1 driver im sure if he see’s this he will give you the low down.

My apologies. Didn’t mean to stain your character. :laughing:

mrginge:

volvo keef:

mrginge:

My apologies. Didn’t mean to stain your character. :laughing:

Not a problem pal :smiley: :smiley:

peterm:
That’s why the place is full of east Euoro’s etc. It might be [zb] wages, but if I had no job, I’d get out of bed or off me arse for it. Just do it until something better turns up ffs. It’s better than being on the dole.

Some people would actually be worse off with a wage that low than being on benefits, Many are prepared to work (get off their asses) but not when faced with insulting wages like this example , and i don’t blame them one bit why the f should they?

tommy t:

peterm:
That’s why the place is full of east Euoro’s etc. It might be [zb] wages, but if I had no job, I’d get out of bed or off me arse for it. Just do it until something better turns up ffs. It’s better than being on the dole.

Some people would actually be worse off with a wage that low than being on benefits, Many are prepared to work (get off their asses) but not when faced with insulting wages like this example , and i don’t blame them one bit why the f should they?

They would probably get some kind of benefit ( working tax credit etc ) yes I know some has been cut & know if you work you shouldn’t have to claim etc but it can make a difference depends who you are

Yes I have done in the past taken a low paid job claimed working tax credit & yep I was much better off then on "dole " I did have 2 young kids at time but that was then this is now would I do it again yes with out doubt as it did lead to better things the old adage if you have a job it is easier to get another

But agree this is a poor wage but not that low for this area know some that are lower

animal:

tommy t:

peterm:

They would probably get some kind of benefit ( working tax credit etc ) yes I know some has been cut & know if you work you shouldn’t have to claim etc but it can make a difference depends who you are

Yes I have done in the past taken a low paid job claimed working tax credit & yep I was much better off then on "dole " I did have 2 young kids at time but that was then this is now would I do it again yes with out doubt as it did lead to better things the old adage if you have a job it is easier to get another

But agree this is a poor wage but not that low for this area know some that are lower

I know of one company in our area that was paying their Class 2 drivers a lesser rate than the one mentioned here.But no doubt they will have had to raise it now to come into line with the NMW [emoji57]

I would apply just to waste their time,then if offered it is would turn it down ,if asked why I would tell them they were taking the pxxs and need to offer better conditions if they want drivers

I’m a newbie driver of 4 months and get more than that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are two occasions where you hear “Indeed” as an often-said remark:

One is when there’s a crappy job on offer, and the other is when this guy is talking.