Is there a skill shortage?

My God, whatever next, why on this earth,would people want a survey over SKILL shortage in Road transport .who cares!!companies want drivers ,drivers want jobs simple…i am just thankful that i am the age i am and away from all the boll–ks.

JUDDIAN good piece but what is a “fuel” is it a local dialect.i know you mean person, or people,but i have never heard of it before ?

peggydeckboy:
My God, whatever next, why on this earth,would people want a survey over SKILL shortage in Road transport .who cares!!companies want drivers ,drivers want jobs simple…i am just thankful that i am the age i am and away from all the boll–ks.

JUDDIAN good piece but what is a “fuel” is it a local dialect.i know you mean person, or people,but i have never heard of it before ?

Try FOOL Local grammar no, unable to spell yes.

The RHA & FTA say there is a shortage of drivers according to their members.
I have also read about shortages in various Transport Magazines.
However there is an easy solution to this problem.
Pay drivers a good hourly rate and that will cure this problem.

Robthedog, like it.what a silly “fule” i am,s

lczjs:
The RHA & FTA say there is a shortage of drivers according to their members.
I have also read about shortages in various Transport Magazines.
However there is an easy solution to this problem.
Pay drivers a good hourly rate and that will cure this problem.

Hello Iczjs
Im with you on this one,Pay a decent wage problem solved.
I gave up driving over 20 years ago for this one reason!
Regards Jacko

According to the directors at Heanor Haulage,the skill shortage is one of the reasons they decided to liquidate the company back in February.

David

The “government” have the answer to this problem. I know a youngish (40) fella who as far as I can recall has not worked for at least 15years. In fact he was on invalidity benefit until recently. They finally caught up with the idle git and told him that he had to go on a training course for a month or lose the rest of his benefits, ( they had already stopped his invalidity) :smiley: :smiley: Guess what the months retraining is? Yep! they are training him for an HGV class2 licence :unamused: :unamused: he is now on week two of the course, and still in the classroom so I surmise he is qualifying for a DCPC that everyone else has to pay for!! I spoke to him last week and is under the impression that when he qualifies he will get a great job that only involves sitting on his arse and driving for 8hrs a day :wink: I didn’t spoil his daydream :imp: :imp: He did tell me that there was supposed to be fifteen candidate’s on the course, only four turned up!! If he is setting the standard for the Lorry Drivers of the future I’m bloody glad I’m out of it. It’s pretty obvious that the authorities think it’s an easy answer to the shortage and the wages are set to stay in the minimum wage band. Regards Kev.