is it me

What do you think this is ? Band of Brothers !

It’s a job now shut up and get on with it :laughing: :laughing:

Times change and so do people … :wink:

as far as im concerned its the car transporter drivers that have there own personel ettiquite that dont include the rest of the trucking fraternity as the majority are on cars deliversd / miles done pay :smiling_imp: plus there usually zeebed of because they gotta spend 5 nights out in a wendy house :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

paul@midway:

I must be missing something here. :exclamation: :exclamation:

scania245:
as far as im concerned its the car transporter drivers that have there own personel ettiquite that dont include the rest of the trucking fraternity as the majority are on cars deliversd / miles done pay :smiling_imp: plus there usually zeebed of because they gotta spend 5 nights out in a wendy house :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What on earth has that got to do with anything? I’m paid by the mile and I’m still doing the old skool type flashing and thanking thing etc., as do all our lads, so where’s the connection?

car transporter drivers have there head up there universal joint think they own the road and 2 parking places when they paid for one :question: sod evreyone else as for mileage pay drivers been there done that but im not an ignorant arrogant zb and i never suggested any otheir mileage/ % drivers were but cartransporter driver s are the ones that get right on my ■■■ as they definatley paddle there own canoe and sod evryone else and think they are it :question: (nice to see you back lucy missed you) :laughing:

Thank god there are still some courteous drivers around! I sometimes think I’m wasting my time and should just be as ignorant as some others, but then I realise I don’t want to be like them

I reckon if we lead by example some of it’s got to rub off on some folk

Here here!

Last week, I moved over on a dual carriageway to let another truck come onto the carriageway - when I was three quarters past him, he had got up to speed, which matched mine, and he just kept me there! :imp: As my exit was approaching I had to slow down - as he passed he gave me the finger - :question: :question: nice one mate :unamused:

Later that day, a truck moved over to let me join a carriageway - I thanked him as he went past, he gave thumbs up, I flashed him in, he winked back. I know which I prefer :laughing: It’s courtesy and it’s free.

And I have to say, that I have found car transporter drivers to be very helpful. I am sometimes in the same places when I’m collecting the chassis, and have asked for an extra pair of eyes on ocassion.

The truck i’m driving at the moment sits at a true 56-57mph rather than the 54mph most trucks seem to be doing.

I’m driving from Scotland to the South West or South East and back up at least twice a week i tend to overtake quite a lot of trucks and its rare for someone not to flash you in. Its the middle of the night so is maybe different during the day.

Drivers helping each other out, when i passed my test and was struggling with reversing i got advice and help most places i went. Other drivers saw you struggling and would come out give you a hand.

I think most drivers are still helpfully to other drivers.

maverick72:

gezt:
Well im def not afraid to ask for help and assistance.
I’m 6 ft tall built like a brickhouse, been there done that got a few teeshirts but still not big enough that i cant learn something new or take sensible advice, after all when you “know it all” its time to die :slight_smile:

cue MIKE C :laughing:

I’m getting to like you. Me and you are going to get on like a house on fire.
All my gaffs are well documented on here !! But i’ll save you some time here, when you wanna know something just PM me directly and i’l tell you the answer it just saves time going all aroung the houses with the guys on here !!!

Big Jase:

paul@midway:

I must be missing something here. :exclamation: :exclamation:

A sense of humour ?

:wink:

Since I started my job 3 weeks back I have been monitoring this type of thing. I am new to all of this but seem to have been ok with it from day one. I would say about 1 in every 10 drivers do not acknowledge your curtesy when you flash them in and I would say similar for them cutting in when you haven’t flashed them in.

During my training on C+E I was told that I wasn’t allowed to flash people in as this is against DSA rules so I didn’t. Since passing my test very recently and being lucky enough to get my job I did start flashing people in from day one.

When I overtake a long vehicle I wait for them to flash me in or if they don’t I try to make sure I am a safe distance away before I indicate and pull in. I still thank them once I have pulled back in just incase I haven’t seen them flash. My experience of my fellow proffesional drivers so far though has been good overall.

Mike-C:

maverick72:

gezt:
Well im def not afraid to ask for help and assistance.
I’m 6 ft tall built like a brickhouse, been there done that got a few teeshirts but still not big enough that i cant learn something new or take sensible advice, after all when you “know it all” its time to die :slight_smile:

cue MIKE C :laughing:

I’m getting to like you. Me and you are going to get on like a house on fire.
All my gaffs are well documented on here !! But i’ll save you some time here, when you wanna know something just PM me directly and i’l tell you the answer it just saves time going all aroung the houses with the guys on here !!!

yeah we got off on the wrong foot i think everyones got their own oppinion in everything look forward to the arguments mike :laughing:

Big Nige just reminded me of an old thread elsewhere when someone was asking why we should flash each other in. apparently, we should all know ourselves when we can pull back in. while this is technically true, i did point out that it helps the new drivers to judge that distance. part of the learning curve i know but a little help from a fellow driver should be the norm and that goes with everything

I think Scanni245 has definately got a bee in his bonnet about us car transporter drivers, first of all i dont think i own the the road and secondly i do believe i am a very courteous driver who will flash other drivers in and help out where ever i can. Also for living in a wendy house all week doesnt bother me as all i look forward to when i get parked up is a nice meal and a bed not polishing my tank and wheels :wink:

Yes i do tend to flash drivers in and out of the lane sometimes before they indicate to come out as i have read the road, but the dont always aknowledge this, when on a motorway or duel carrageway I will move over to alow for room

Not so long back I moved over but then had to indicate to pullback in as my slip road was approching and yes the driver pulled back to allow me in. Yes I would offer a hand to reverse if anyone neeeded it

I dont normally stop and help on the side of the road as I am not the tallest of females :wink:

scanny77:
Big Nige just reminded me of an old thread elsewhere when someone was asking why we should flash each other in. apparently, we should all know ourselves when we can pull back in. while this is technically true, i did point out that it helps the new drivers to judge that distance. part of the learning curve i know but a little help from a fellow driver should be the norm and that goes with everything

I would say that the majority of us know when we have cleared the overtaken vehicle - the point is, there are many factors that can affect braking distances, such as load etc, that the overtaking vehicle can have no way of knowing. So you flash someone when you are happy with the distance left. It’s not just about clearance - but leaving someone a distance that they can safely stop in if necessay. This can only be known by the flasher! :smiley:

gezt:
loads doing 50 on motorways

Whats the problem with that? :confused:

In reponce to this, yesterday, M6 North J20, had a guy pass me, hand on flash ready and he just pulled straight in and i s£$t you not, about 3 feet from my nose.

Unreal. Knew his legnth■■? Not likely or just plain arogant. :smiling_imp:

Fat ■■■■■■■ driver in a salvesens outfit is good at doing that , except he will leave you inches …Does it to everyone he overtakes … :angry:
Normally on the M1 at night time .
Just back off a tad and get a safe distance …If the truck behind you decides to overtake but wouldn’t normally have the speed to do so(you have already overtaken it), then let him wallow in his stupidity and put your foot back down and hang him out to dry :laughing: :laughing: