is it just me?

Happens to me to - mostly it is on the M40, northbound, after midnight. On one occasion i drove from J10 to J15 without anything passing me. very unnerving, even checked the next day to find out if any accidents.

Coming down the M6 towards J8 - usual solid traffic in all three lanes and just about moving from 10a.

I am in the middle lane and then I notice that lane 3 is empty. Scope the mirror and there is nothing at all catching up. Then the traffic starts to move partly because all that can are getting out into lane 3 and shooting off.

Heard later on the radio they had the M6 closed for 2 hours. I must have missed that chaos by seconds.

Thank god I thought it was only me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I picked a tank full of chemical waste up at stupid o clock one Friday night/Saturday morning. Travelling back up the M20 I realised there were no lights whatsoever behind me. I went through the usual “are you sure you checked the lids and valves?” bit, I then snaked the trailer a bit to see if I could spot anything untoward but couldn’t (and the spray didn’t help). I was about to pull over whilst fighting that cold, heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach when I saw a sea of headlights appear in my mirrors and come past me with no blasts of horn or frantic waving.
I can only think that maybe it was one of those rare times when 3 old boys wearing caps and driving Micra’s had got beside each other and caused a load of bunching behind them!

I have those weird feelings that something happened behind me that I caused as well :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Even weirder is being on the M25 at 2 in the morning and there is absolutely no traffic apart from myself in either direction :open_mouth:

timmo:
I know that cars get held up by lorries overtaking each other but this can’t be the reason every time, can it? am i just more conscious of it because the road is empty?

No son its not you, don’t trouble yourself it happens, its hard to explain, but its because you’ve entered the

:grimacing:

Big Joe:

timmo:
I know that cars get held up by lorries overtaking each other but this can’t be the reason every time, can it? am i just more conscious of it because the road is empty?

No son its not you, don’t trouble yourself it happens, its hard to explain, but its because you’ve entered the

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Then again if you think about it, it must be the twilight zone 'cause on a straight stretch of road cars just appear out of nowhere :laughing: :laughing:

No it’s not just you, It happens regular and like some of the others on here I think the same, look in the mirrors for a trail of milk or a wheel missing etc, but the other day I may of found out the answer to this,
I was travelling up the M6 in moderate traffic when saw up ahead everyone was braking to slow down for the brightly coloured (yellow and black )4X4 with orange lights ontop (not flashing) you know the ones :wink: in lane 1 doing about 45mhp. When I had passed him there was a bit of a gap in the traffic behind me. He pulled into the Middle lane and on came the lights and he held up all the traffic for a rolling road block, not sure why as I didn’t pass any accident or see anything untoward ahead, but it did give me about 5 miles of driving without been overtaken , I think I was lucky to just beat the road block as I usually get stuck in them lol.

I thought it was just me :blush:

Coming down the M6 from Mancs at 2am and suddenly its empty all around, my first thought was ‘trailer fell off’ :open_mouth: When I saw it was still there then I began wondering what ‘if’ it fell off. Oh… yes I get paranoid about losing a trailer although I’ve never even dropped one on its knees (yet), still check the lock with a torch.

The other one is when you notice the ‘same’ vehicles passing you several times… nurse!!!

Big Joe:

timmo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i’ll be checking for gremlins next :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Kyng:
The other one is when you notice the ‘same’ vehicles passing you several times… nurse!!!

don’t get me started on this! :laughing:

I suppose one positive point is that we are aware of what is going on around us.

Not all drivers are.