Is it good money

allanwhyte77:
You could do both if you can afford it.Get your lgv licences now and your pcv with the bus company, drive the buses for two years then you won’t owe the company anything when you leave.
In the meantime you’ll have had your hgv licences for the required two years. Also your pcv licence will be upgraded to drive manual busses which you won’t have because the pcv licence will probably only be for automatics. So you could drive coaches then too.
I’m considering doing this If the need arises. :slight_smile:

It would probably mean having between 2 & 3 thousand pounds that you did not mind ‘losing’ for a couple of years or so :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing:

Thanks to all of you who have replied.

Decisions decisions, It normally takes me 10 minutes to decide what veg to by with my sunday dinner and I 've got to make this ife changing decision.

Still not sure what road to go down, if money was not an option I would do the LGV training prior to starting on the buses and keep it until I needed it, if things didn’t work out on the buses. You see the main issue here is how likely is it that I would jump straight into a class 2 job, if that is the route I take?? :question:

decisions decisions :confused: :confused:

rob99001969:
Thanks to all of you who have replied.

Decisions decisions, It normally takes me 10 minutes to decide what veg to by with my sunday dinner and I 've got to make this ife changing decision.

Still not sure what road to go down, if money was not an option I would do the LGV training prior to starting on the buses and keep it until I needed it, if things didn’t work out on the buses. You see the main issue here is how likely is it that I would jump straight into a class 2 job, if that is the route I take?? :question:

decisions decisions :confused: :confused:

Take the job that’s offered, by the new year there won’t be any hgv jobs to be had… :unamused:

rob99001969:
You see the main issue here is how likely is it that I would jump straight into a class 2 job, if that is the route I take?? :question:

IMO, not very likely

after reading all the posts on here it does sound quite worrying about hgv for new drivers i was looking forward to doing the training then getting a job but at least after looking at the posts not going to get dissapointed!!!

alot of people seem to be doing there pcv instead and i have thought of doing the same doing pcv and then also getting hgv and waiting untill things pick up but dont like the idea of all the passangers!!! however i hate my job at the mo in customer service so maybe it could be a stepping stone

after reading all the posts on here it does sound quite worrying about hgv for new drivers i was looking forward to doing the training then getting a job but at least after looking at the posts not going to get dissapointed!!!

alot of people seem to be doing there pcv instead and i have thought of doing the same doing pcv and then also getting hgv and waiting untill things pick up but dont like the idea of all the passangers!!! however i hate my job at the mo in customer service so maybe it could be a stepping stone