Is it getting worse

I work in the waste game and this year has been bad but the last month has seen a bit of an upturn and 90% of our work is on big construction projects so hopefully it stays that way

We supply commercial kitchens.Hotels,pub/restaurant chains etc.
When the hard times hit,we were confident that we’d be ok because “people always have to eat” but things have gone quieter due to the fact that no one is keeping as much stock (money) on their shelves as they used to.

In our local paper the other night was an article saying how quiet the infamous A14 is in Cambridgeshire.

Normally choc a blok ,accidents /incidents on a daily basis but in the last month or so apparantly 50 % less traffic it said mainly HGVs,the article then goes on to say the main cause of this is a lot less lorrys on the road due to firms with no work and letting drivers go as lorrys are stood up in yards.

I regularly drive the A14 and yes often very quiet.

Also talking to my insurance company and theyve said its bad in the haulage industry with lorrys “laid off” the road every day, he went on to say about LaFarge who seem to be standing down drivers on a large scale at the moment!

Bit more doom and gloom.Sorry!

Must get better soon surely,must it■■?