Is C+E massively difficult?

Above 2 posts I agree 100% with!
Although as a zero experience Newbie passing in an auto, I think I’d have walked away from a 16 manual after passing that day.
Let alone it being a different set up! :open_mouth:

As for the step up, the additional and same width, plus similar cut in you get with a C, isn’t massively a step up compared to a car…

SaintAndy:
To answer the question is C+E difficult i’d say No.

Jumping from a car to cat C training is a bigger eye opener than going from C to C+E so in that respect you’ve already done the hard bit. If your already a fairly competent cat C driver it shouldn’t be a problem.

I agree with that. Passed car test in 2014 then was going for 7.5t a year later and it was a big eye opener and a bit daunting considering I’d only been driving a car a year. Took me 3 attempts to pass that. After class 2 and class 1 I passed first time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Driving C+E isn’t difficult,the difficult bit is telling yourself you can do it,once your over that its picking a good trainer and take your time,you have already got our truck head on driving C just that C+E takes some getting used to where they bend and how far to move out before turning,you will be surprised how tight you can spin a trailer round.
We do a shop in Nottingham drive into the yard can spin a 45ft trailer round in 1 but in a rigid have to take a shunt.

Daytrunker:
Driving C+E isn’t difficult,the difficult bit is telling yourself you can do it,once your over that its picking a good trainer and take your time,you have already got our truck head on driving C just that C+E takes some getting used to where they bend and how far to move out before turning,you will be surprised how tight you can spin a trailer round.
We do a shop in Nottingham drive into the yard can spin a 45ft trailer round in 1 but in a rigid have to take a shunt.

And ruin the tyres in the process.

Radar19:

Daytrunker:

Maybe even worse on a Really hot day! :smiley:
I also would prefer to take a shunt than spinning a trailer tight unless forced, as trashing tyres is just lazy…
I’m not saying that’s what Daytrucker was saying, just that in an artic you REALLY can’t see the tail swing when you spin it! :open_mouth:
Unlike a rigid, and rear axle positions and overhangs will vary on artics, and hence the tail swing,.
Which is amplified by being able to put on more than 90 degree’s of lock, and the ability to almost reverse while you’re doing it… :open_mouth:

Radar19:

Daytrunker:

no rear steer?

Nope no rear steer and its just a turning circle no room to take a shunt but if your careful It will go round in 1, just aswell no other way of turning round it’s a dead end.

Radar19:

K&N must go through a lot of tyres as the one in Wakefield (I think) as they all do it at the end of the yard, then watch as I have to shunt the 18T’er - sure they laughing in those cabs at the van driver! :slight_smile:

trevHCS:

Radar19:

K&N must go through a lot of tyres as the one in Wakefield (I think) as they all do it at the end of the yard, then watch as I have to shunt the 18T’er - sure they laughing in those cabs at the van driver! :slight_smile:

Or some of us appreciated that you have limited steering lock…
We could be just smiling as we’re feeling smug! :wink: