tiptop495:
Hey,

Mine about 1985.

Eric,

O.FG.36■■?

Hey,

No the FUA.977.

Eric,

A wee boost to your thread whiplash, some you’ll hopefully recognise, all from fellow flickrites.
Oily

Irish Richard 29629375537_f5f403b483_rs k.jpg

Irish Richard 25809934808_779290731c_rs k.jpg

Irish Joe Ruscoe cc by nd 2.0 Peterborough 2016 28824562141_69d24798ee jr _o.jpg

Irish eastleighbusman 30049830038_d24bacb270_elbm k.jpg

Irish Colin Pidoux 10480797914_80f01ea955_cp k.jpg

Tata OT

033 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Guess who?
They`re big over here as well!

031 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Hino 700 Silo mixer

028 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
DHL,hauliers to TK Maxx.Same as the UK?

025 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Milk man.
IMG_2359 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
IMG_2358 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Tidy hay man.

Hi whiplash
Can you remember I contacted you about if you have any info about Williames transport Group. I emailed IFS group and one of their staff emailed with an old brochure. He worked for Williames in the 1960s 70s. They have no info about Williames Groupage but forwarded info about their airfreight side.
All our depots had groupage and separate Airfreight warehouses in the same buildings.

I believe Williames transport was sold or merged with Woodside Brothers many moons ago after I moved to MAT.

Have you been on Trucknet for MAT transport MIFT.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=28459&start=90

Regards Kev Morrow

One with a Woodsides.

tankerian:
One with a Woodsides.

Blooming eck Ian.
I have been trying for years to trace any info on Williames. Besides Groupage and airfreight they moved freight on flat and sealed containers from North and Southern Ireland via Preston Docks. Caladonian and D&A transport had contracts with Williames and many times on flats lost bails of Irish peat. We used to travel from Trafford Park Manchester over the channel on nights to Williames depot at Aldergrove via Stranrae to Larne and kip in Hotels in the day and return journey that evening. When the three day week was on one of our drivers George Hamilton was on picket duty on the dock area and got run over and killed when a lorry run him over. Think that was approx. 1974. Sometimes I would work for weeks out of Williames Dublin Cork and Shannon depots and put up the best hotels.
Prior to Woodsides Brothers taking over the paintwork was top half with Williames Transport Group and Ireland England Ireland daily. The bottom half was blue with reverence to their offices in white.

They were funded by the Irish Banks and strong links with the USA.
Later I ended up on road tankers for Kraft Humko and later Smith and Robinsons Trafford Park. 1985 moved to Kings Lynn Norfolk tanker and general haulage. retired 14 years.
Many thanks and regards Kev