Iran!

Yes.Very proud people.I heard the Turks used to drive with suits on.?

toby1234abc:

Some of the Turks still do. Good bunch of people.
We used to do a heck of a lot of trade with Iran until the Ayatolla took control. There is no way that bloke was voted in, He looks like the evil nutter from a film.
The women used to wear bikinis on the beach, They even had women pilots in the air force. Good looking too.

A Turkish driver will cook you a three course meal from his trailer side locker if you get talking to them.
Their coffee is potent.
With an English driver it is “I am allright Jack” attitude.
A greasy stained hiviz.

Iranian & Turks are true friends on the road! they are more happy to help out or make the meal or tea & coffee - very friendly people on the road - respect on them

Turk driver made me a cay tea and omelette at Dover in long time ago! Good craic!

toby1234abc:

Yes some of them still wear but most of old school drivers :wink: now young turk drivers wear trendy clothes like jeans, shirt, hoodies etc but no famous shellsuit :wink:

That is a good photo to show their side boxes.
If you were broken down ,it would be a Turk to help change the wheel.

Betz:
Great photo! Thanks

I have often see Iranian trucks in UK, Germany and Europe but rare to see them as together x 4 trucks parking together in one place! where did u take this photo? Whereabout in Germany
Thanks

A8 autohof Kirchheim

I was on the Hungarian/Austrian border. it was an Iranian that gave me a whole load of apricots, They went well with my wine that i bought for my mum, (i drank it). :laughing:
Some Bulgarians gave me some sort of odd shaped peaches on the Hungarian/Romanian border.

They are what we were in days gone by.
I hope they never change.

Betz:
Iranian & Turks are true friends on the road! they are more happy to help out or make the meal or tea & coffee - very friendly people on the road - respect on them

Turk driver made me a cay tea and omelette at Dover in long time ago! Good craic!

toby1234abc:

Yes some of them still wear but most of old school drivers :wink: now young turk drivers wear trendy clothes like jeans, shirt, hoodies etc but no famous shellsuit :wink:

That side box is better stocked than my kitchen!

Camaradie is a swear word in the UK.The grassing up of your work mates is encouraged by managment.
Constant performance monitoring of the driver and the truck.
In the 90’s you could walk in to a yard for a new job and get the keys and paperwork thrown told you are booked on tonights ferry.
Ring in when empty.
Most firms expected the driver to repair the truck and not use a breakdown firm.Can you limp her home, they would say.

It was common for Brits to meet up at the regular haunts around Europe such as Freds at Coslada or Victors at Burgos.

Some years ago parked near a truck in Dover waiting to clear he had teh plate. I think also waiting for his uk agent to replace his bald tyres. So you heard turkish drivers where suits . Yes they did and I guess still do. And then they will cook you a 3 course meal from their side lockers . Were they still wearing the suits you heard about

I was weekended in clermont ferand. Only one other truck opposite end of cpark. Yellow Turkish truck. Didn’t see driver sat. After a cold night I thought I would start the engine. Click click no joy. Try again no joy. @@@@.
Next thing there’s a fella with a big tash knocking on door carrying jump leads He put one end on battery the other on wheel nut. Okay okay. Click bingo. Great. Out came the wine and coffee. Made my day.

Its always nice when a fellow driver helps out :sunglasses:

late 1988 / 1992 best days :stuck_out_tongue: good trucks top lads on the road. out to grass now days have gone still miss it :wink: :wink:

Yes Sparky.It was meet up at Saint Genis,which was Claude’s old place.
No weight limits back then.You could use the coast road from Cherbourg.
La Rochelle,lunch at the restaurant over looking the bird watchers bay.
Meet up at Victors or Miguelle’s near Vitoria.
Then barbeque on the beach at the Atlantico cafe at Porto.
Like you said,decent drivers and good mates.
The ones on British International were ace.
All changed now.A weekend out in Euro land,you are the only Brit.
You may have known Freight Transfer,Garnett Eurotrans and Euro PSL,who i pulled for.Round trip from any French port to Gibraltar was £2200 in the 90’s.
Running on cherry at 12 pence per litre.

THE FIN103:
Next thing there’s a fella with a big tash knocking on door carrying jump leads He put one end on battery the other on wheel nut. Okay okay. Click bingo. Great. Out came the wine and coffee. Made my day.

fair play to him. ive met ignorant pricks in cars who wouldnt help you jump start your car with your own jump leads.