IP UNBLOCKED

There was an issue with the routing VM used to Trucknet-UK but that was before TN got their own dedicated UK based server, personally apart from the occasional slow loading page I’ve had very few problems connecting to TN since.

tachograph:
There was an issue with the routing VM used to Trucknet-UK but that was before TN got their own dedicated UK based server, personally apart from the occasional slow loading page I’ve had very few problems connecting to TN since.

That will explain that then :sunglasses: :laughing:

dieseldave:

harry:

dieseldave:

qwakers:
try hidemyass

There was a time when my ISP (Virgin :unamused: ) routed my TN connection via a server that couldn’t handle it for some reason.
All other websites I used at the time were unaffected.

It took about three weeks to get it sorted, but it was Virgin’s fault all along… of course they denied it. :frowning:

I used hidemyass, but it kept logging me out for no reason and doing other strange stuff. :open_mouth:

This is also Vigin - I got 4 computers/ipads etc & had an hours session with Virgin Help but are still all blocked

I’m sorry to hear about this harry, but rest assured if it turns out that your IP is banned for some reason, we’ll very quickly un-ban it for you.

I’ve read LHD’s very good advice above, and I think it’s worth you taking up his suggestion to unplug your router overnight because there’s no downside to it.

I don’t want to tread on Col’s toes here, but if he’s not around… I can deal with looking into this for you and un-banning your IP if that’s what turns out to be the trouble. Please feel free to PM me if needed.

I’ll just add that when my ‘glitch’ occurred, it was only my home IP that was affected, I could log-in on my lappy or iPhone from anywhere else. Probably a DNS problem as LHD said.

First we need to ascertain what is actually being displayed when harry tries to access the forum using his ISP. Does it actually say that his IP has been banned or does it say/do something else but Harry thinks that this means his IP is banned? Once that is established then if it is a case of the former, admin will need to look back through their records to find out when the IP was banned, why and what username was posting from it at the time.

It could be entirely innocent and purely coincidental, but the usual scenario in these situations is that the member set up a different username to post from, perhaps for trouble-causing/trolling purposes so that their real username was not linked, but admin did not like the content so banned them along with their IP. Banning the IP of course prevents them from posting from any other usernames they may have.

Left hand down!:
First we need to ascertain what is actually being displayed when harry tries to access the forum using his ISP. Does it actually say that his IP has been banned or does it say/do something else but Harry thinks that this means his IP is banned? Once that is established then if it is a case of the former, admin will need to look back through their records to find out when the IP was banned, why and what username was posting from it at the time.

LHD,

I can see your train of thought and you’ve asked a key question of Harry, so we’ll have to wait for his answer as to exactly what he sees when he tries to log in.

Left hand down!:
It could be entirely innocent and purely coincidental, but the usual scenario in these situations is that the member set up a different username to post from, perhaps for trouble-causing/trolling purposes so that their real username was not linked, but admin did not like the content so banned them along with their IP. Banning the IP of course prevents them from posting from any other usernames they may have.

This is also a fair point, but Harry has sent us his IP, which is NOT on the banned list.

Just to be even clearer, there’s absolutely no reason why harry (or his IP) would appear on any banned list, but it’s always (very slightly) possible that there’s been an innocent coincidence as you’ve said. A careful check does seem to have ruled it out though.

Left hand down!:

dieseldave:

harry:

dieseldave:

qwakers:
try hidemyass

There was a time when my ISP (Virgin :unamused: ) routed my TN connection via a server that couldn’t handle it for some reason.
All other websites I used at the time were unaffected.

It took about three weeks to get it sorted, but it was Virgin’s fault all along… of course they denied it. :frowning:

I used hidemyass, but it kept logging me out for no reason and doing other strange stuff. :open_mouth:

This is also Vigin - I got 4 computers/ipads etc & had an hours session with Virgin Help but are still all blocked

I’m sorry to hear about this harry, but rest assured if it turns out that your IP is banned for some reason, we’ll very quickly un-ban it for you.

I’ve read LHD’s very good advice above, and I think it’s worth you taking up his suggestion to unplug your router overnight because there’s no downside to it.

I don’t want to tread on Col’s toes here, but if he’s not around… I can deal with looking into this for you and un-banning your IP if that’s what turns out to be the trouble. Please feel free to PM me if needed.

I’ll just add that when my ‘glitch’ occurred, it was only my home IP that was affected, I could log-in on my lappy or iPhone from anywhere else. Probably a DNS problem as LHD said.

It doesn’t get anywhere near Login. It will not even open the front page . It struggles for three minutes ,then the message ‘no response from server.’

harry:
It doesn’t get anywhere near Login. It will not even open the front page . It struggles for three minutes ,then the message ‘no response from server.’

IP not blocked then which confirms what Dieseldave has said. As it’s working for plenty of other members and you are able to access it OK via a proxy server then it’s 99% guaranteed to be a DNS or routing issue. Are you having any issues accessing other sites from your Virgin ISP? If not then the problem lay with the server admins of this site.

Only this site is blocked,Lefty.

harry:
Only this site is blocked,Lefty.

Harry,

You’ve described exactly the problem that I had.

IMHO, the problem lies with Virgin, no matter how many different departments you speak to, or how much they deny it.

In my case, I ended up asking the technician if he could put me through to the appropriate person to terminate my contract. That seemed to get their attention :grimacing:

All I can honestly say after that is that the problem was fixed pretty quickly, but maybe that was just a coincidence. :wink:

I’ll try it later ,Dave. Its a getting a bit wearisome ATM. I gotta do something about that back bedroom sooner or later -it needs one wall going over but after a session with Virgin its like you’ve done an overnight one-hitter!

harry:
I’ll try it later ,Dave. Its a getting a bit wearisome ATM. I gotta do something about that back bedroom sooner or later -it needs one wall going over but after a session with Virgin its like you’ve done an overnight one-hitter!

Agreed mate, Virgin will probably fob you off and generally put you through the mill before you get anywhere, then you might need to threaten to cancel your contract before they take your complaint seriously.

IMHO, it’s completely unnecessary brinkmanship because they already know about the problem server.

The only crumb of comfort I can offer is that it’s not just you that this has happened to.

I’ve been there with them, and I feel your pain. :frowning:

They’re Gits with a capital “G.” :smiling_imp:

Had a similar prob with sky a while back but of course they denied it as Dieseldve says ask for the department to terminate your contract they soon sort it out for me it was sky that had blocked “godaddy” which hosted TN it had ‘jumped’ so couldnt get on

I’m in the same boat as Harry. Only this site won’t load up or a message appears saying this site is unavailible or does not exist :unamused: our broadband provider is Virgin also, however I can get on this site at my mum and dad’s house no problem who also use virgin! :imp:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I’m in the same boat as Harry. Only this site won’t load up or a message appears saying this site is unavailible or does not exist :unamused: our broadband provider is Virgin also, however I can get on this site at my mum and dad’s house no problem who also use virgin! :imp:

Use this until its fixed.

boomproxy.com/

And then in the box put; www.trucknetuk.com
It works well but you will find it difficult to load attachements/photos

Today 18.48

The connection to trucknetuk is open again. I haven’t contacted anyone from Virgin since my last post :smiley:

harry:
Today 18.48

The connection to trucknetuk is open again. I haven’t contacted anyone from Virgin since my last post :smiley:

Harry

This means that some other poor sod will be getting problems now!!

Glad you’re sorted though :wink: :smiley:

Thanks for all the help,Dave.

dieseldave:

harry:
Today 18.48

Harry

This means that some other poor sod will be getting problems now!!

Glad you’re sorted though :wink: :smiley:

We’ll it ain’t me because everything is fine at my end too :wink: :smiley:

Blocked again,using proxy-again…

News Flash!! Unblocked this morning… :unamused:

I now have the problem what did you do or speak to Harry and Dave