Insecure load (with video)

Franglais:

pierrot 14:
If you look at the video slowly from 0.3 to 0.5 , you’ll see that the first line of pallets on the headboard are double stacked.
Looks like the bottom pallet has collapsed, sending the top one out onto the road.
And yes I’ll agree, he does seem to be tonking it round that bend, (Nameplate in the windscreen says it all) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
looks like the plastic wrap on the bottom pallet has given way, therefore no support for the top one.
Gotta say that the people in the car were ■■■■ lucky, could’ve been worse !

Yep.
As the truck comes into sight, 0.2 to 0.3, I think you can see 1(?) pallet on top on the drivers side? Not gonna be good with plastic wrap and a single strap.

No 2 pallets double stacked at the front, one either side

Pretty amazing he got away with such a tiny fine , but not nearly as amazing as this one (which featured here on TN a while ago)

shropshirestar.com/news/201 … re-border/

Referring to the Kronaspan load , the media reported it fell out the back of the lorry but the trailer curtains had been torn so it didn’t come out the back doors and he didn’t check the stand trailer at the factory and most likely wasn’t provided with ratchet straps .
If the factory loaded the trailer they aren’t obligated to secure the load as not on a public highway but if one of transport company drivers had loaded the stand trailer he or she would not strap it as he or she will save their straps for their next load .

Sploom:
I watched the video,but then I scrolled down the video about the whisky drinking lorry driver.
Fancy drinking whisky whilst driving ,ffs!

Agreed.

A good whisky is to be savoured.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Monkey241:

Sploom:
I watched the video,but then I scrolled down the video about the whisky drinking lorry driver.
Fancy drinking whisky whilst driving ,ffs!

Agreed.

A good whisky is to be savoured.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Well,exactly,I like a drink on my day off,white wine is my favourite, but I never go near a vehicle even the next day,imagine the stress of being breathilysed,actually I got breathalised one morning at 800am,that was scarey just blowing into that thing even though I was completleysober,no,I dont even go there…

Sky Captain:
he didn’t check the stand trailer at the factory and most likely wasn’t provided with ratchet straps .

Generally these types of jobs are well documented in the surrounding areas so the company sending him to Kronospan would have known what was required; anyone around the north-east who collects chipboard from Egger in Hexham knows they won’t be allowed to leave the site unless they’ve secured the load with the regulation 20 straps! . :open_mouth: I kid you not. Pretty insane because you lose the trailer flexibility, but them’s the rules at Egger.

Night-and-day:

switchlogic:
All the fragile egos propped up by engines are starting to worry they’ll have to find a new prop. You sound a very insecure man. I bet you go on vegan pages on Facebook too to tell everyone how much meat you eat and how bloody you like a steak.

Oh look, it’s Trucknets very own James O’Brien. Hmmm, I don’t think your in any position to start making assumptions on peoples egos and insecurities when the evidence of yours is plastered all over the internet in video form. I don’t see the link between ego and my admiration for the internal combustion engine. To me it is a great piece of engineering that is the heart of a car and is what makes a car an awesome car to me. Therefore a car that is lacking said engine will always be of no interest to me, and in my eyes a piece of crap. I fail to be able to muster up any enthusiasm to an electric motor powered car instead of say the V8 M3 with is own adrenaline pumping soundtrack. To me these cars are the step to the future that is being forced on us that I have no interest in at all, electric self driving cars that humans have no input in, except to enter the destination. I’m not on Facebook or any other social media so no I don’t go on there bragging about how much meat I eat or how I like my steak cooked, and it’s lots and medium/well thanks. I wouldn’t bother communicating with the vegan community as their message that everyone should be vegan and be ashamed if your not is already getting through to me through other media so I’ll save myself the irritation

Ok

If you’re forced to buy an electric car one day, - you could do worse than buy a car that literally saves your life.

I see the Tesla as the ultimate “Mondeo Man” car, and as a Mondeo driver of many years standing - my tuppenceworth is that a Tesla is something to aspire to for the reason you are less likely to perish in it than other cars - plain and simple.

I therefore cast my lot with the “Crap it ain’t” remark above. :neutral_face: :grimacing:

…and I don’t even like anything Green don’t forget!

On the other hand, attempting to drive a flatbed around a corner like “Tron” - should be a sure fire way of losing one’s licence in one hit, not get a bloody fine not much larger than the cost of a sitdown slap-up meal, and insufficient points on licence to even make one ineligable for a HGV job application nowadays… :open_mouth:

Thanks Zac, any load that is triple stacked is a pain in the harris to strap especially flat pack wood and the stuff that is slippery and if a driver is there watching them load it , the driver isn’t allowed on the trailer bed or near the trailer when it’s being loaded in some companies.
For the Whiskey driver, did all that swerving around make him spill his drink ?

The owner of a Tesla written off when a lorry shed its load of slabs on a bend has criticised the sentence given to the driver.

Neil and Alison Collins escaped from the wreckage of their £50,000 car with minor injuries after the incident, which happened in Weston Longville near Norwich on 26 April.

Appearing at Norwich Magistrates’ Court, the lorry driver pleaded guilty to using a motor vehicle where the weight, position or distribution of its load involved a danger of injury to any person. He was ordered to pay a fine of £267, a victim surcharge of £34 and £85 in costs as well as receiving three points on his driving licence.

Mr Collins said he was concerned similar accidents would continue to happen: “Something’s gone wrong in the system here, where something which could’ve so easily resulted in myself and my wife being killed, has been treated with no seriousness at all.”

The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency said: “We are committed to making sure lessons are learnt and will continue to help drivers and crack down on dangerous vehicles. This includes continuing to carry out regular intelligence-based road checks and working with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to update our plain English guidance.”

bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan … k-59419664

Bin Man:
The owner of a Tesla written off when a lorry shed its load of slabs on a bend has criticised the sentence given to the driver.

Neil and Alison Collins escaped from the wreckage of their £50,000 car with minor injuries after the incident, which happened in Weston Longville near Norwich on 26 April.

Appearing at Norwich Magistrates’ Court, the lorry driver pleaded guilty to using a motor vehicle where the weight, position or distribution of its load involved a danger of injury to any person. He was ordered to pay a fine of £267, a victim surcharge of £34 and £85 in costs as well as receiving three points on his driving licence.

Mr Collins said he was concerned similar accidents would continue to happen: “Something’s gone wrong in the system here, where something which could’ve so easily resulted in myself and my wife being killed, has been treated with no seriousness at all.”

The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency said: “We are committed to making sure lessons are learnt and will continue to help drivers and crack down on dangerous vehicles. This includes continuing to carry out regular intelligence-based road checks and working with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to update our plain English guidance.”

Got to agree with the Collins, it is a rediculous outcome to such a serious matter.

dave docwra:

Bin Man:

Got to agree with the Collins, it is a rediculous outcome to such a serious matter.

DVSA allows bricks and blocks to be carried on flats and operators then take full advantage of the rule.
Which makes load security totally dependent on the laughably useless binding or wrapping of the bricks,with predictable results, then it’s supposedly all the driver’s fault when it all equally predictably goes pear shaped.

It’s not a dangerous vehicle, it’s a dangerous driver that fell asleep on the DCPC load security section so it’s a dangerous driver too lazy to secure a load .

Sky Captain:
It’s not a dangerous vehicle, it’s a dangerous driver that fell asleep on the DCPC load security section so it’s a dangerous driver too lazy to secure a load .

All you’re ‘securing’ is a ‘pack’ of bricks.If/when the binding or wrapping lets go then it’s no longer a ‘pack’ and your ‘securing’ goes with it.It’s then a matter of containing the loose bricks with drop/cage sides.

Carryfast:

Sky Captain:

All you’re ‘securing’ is a ‘pack’ of bricks.If/when the binding or wrapping lets go then it’s no longer a ‘pack’ and your ‘securing’ goes with it.It’s then a matter of containing the loose bricks with drop/cage sides.

You’d have a point if stacks of bricks were collapsing on roads all over the place but fact is………they aren’t.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

You’d have a point if stacks of bricks were collapsing on roads all over the place but fact is………they aren’t.

Probably because most of the loads of bricks in question are carried on drop/cage side trucks/trailers.
Unlike in this case.
Anyone who carries bricks regularly knows that it’s just a question of when a pack of bricks/blocks lets go and collapses not if.
There’s a reason why most operators secify decent height drop/cage sides for that type of work.

Night-and-day:

Conor:

Night-and-day:
Best end to the electric piece of crap

The electric piece of crap which can out accelerate almost every ICE engined car on the roads. A Model S is 0.6 seconds faster 0-60 than a Lamborghini Aventador, 0.2 seconds faster than every single Ferrari model there is and matches the worlds fastest 0-60 ICE engined production car, the Koenigsegg Gemera.

Like I say piece of crap. All those times are all well and good but irrelevant because it’s missing one thing, an engine. It’s a fast milk float. Bought by fannies that stand eating their vegan sausage rolls, sipping on decaf skinny soy latte’s and listening to Greta Thunbergs podcast while the heap of [zb] is charging up at the services. Bet they don’t do one in manual either, gayness of the highest order

Rent free mate. Absolutely rent free in your head.

Bin Man:

And rightly so IMO

Joe Pierce transport at shepton mallet seems not to spill there loads with a huge fleet , bobs your uncle

Bob up and down:
Joe Pierce transport at shepton mallet seems not to spill there loads with a huge fleet , bobs your uncle

Obviously at least use some form of secondary containment for when a pack of bricks/blocks lets go.I’d prefer drop/cage sides though.

picclick.co.uk/Euro-Truck-Photo … id=1&pid=1