Infringement or not?

stevieboy308:

If it was speeding they would coin it in at the bottom of windy hill and all the others, they wouldn’t pass up on that!

Are you saying 70 mph on the overrun downhill would be ok? Or only 60?

stu675:

stevieboy308:

If it was speeding they would coin it in at the bottom of windy hill and all the others, they wouldn’t pass up on that!

What’s the speed limit for a truck on a motorway…

Howard Tenens for Toolstation were keen on this nonsense when I did some agency for them at Middleton.
Never signed them, they stopped leaving them out after a while. Must’ve been desperate lol

stevieboy308:

stu675:

stevieboy308:

What’s the speed limit for a truck on a motorway…

Ok. It’s just that the wording you used suggested that as long as it wasn’t powered, anything goes.
Like bicycles are not subject to speed limits.

stu675:
bicycles are not subject to speed limits.

Are you sure about that?

It depends if you read it all or clip a certain bit

justpassing:
Some might agree some might disagree but here’s a fact:
The speed limit maybe 60 but your vehicle is limited to 56 therefore you are committing an offence of exceeding your limited speed under C&U regs

No you’re not. You are if the engine is moving the vehicle, you’re not if gravity is.

Conor:

justpassing:
The speed limit maybe 60 but your vehicle is limited to 56 therefore you are committing an offence of exceeding your limited speed under C&U regs

No you’re not. You are if the engine is moving the vehicle, you’re not if gravity is.

Good luck with explaining that to anybody, sorry officer it wasn’t my fault it was gravity, brilliant

m.a.n rules:
reading this bow locks makes me thank god i’m out of it… :unamused: .

p.s maoster carry on being arsey :wink: stuff em…

Aye, it’s total madness now. 1Kph for one minute, so what.

Sent from my Note 13P using Tapatalk

he maybe thinking mmm 3 strikes n youre out

When digi tacho’s first came out, the firm I used to work for brought 50 new Volvos and the company (gist) made a big thing about overspeeds and they gave you a infringement for every overspeed. For me it was average of 3 a day and the manager was overwhelmed with dealing with them.

Now days the policy at the company I work for is to have a quiet word with the driver who regularly overspeeds but if you do it now and again nothing is said.

I would just sign it and forget about it, you ain’t going to get done for it or lose your job so just let it pass over your head. Your trainer is just doing his job.

Bigtruck3:

Conor:

justpassing:

Good luck with explaining that to anybody, sorry officer it wasn’t my fault it was gravity, brilliant

No luck needed

On trucks with eco-roll type set ups, do they excide the limited speed before the engine brake kicks in?
Would they record an over speed while doing so?

pig pen:
On trucks with eco-roll type set ups, do they excide the limited speed before the engine brake kicks in?

Yep

m.a.n rules:
reading this bow locks makes me thank god i’m out of it… :unamused: .

p.s maoster carry on being arsey :wink: stuff em…

I used to love driving for a living, over there, back in the 60’s and 70’s, but the crap you have to put up with now…

pig pen:

You can set them up to what you want them to do mostly.
I.e. you set the margin over your cruise control speed at which you want the engine brake to kick in. ( In my case up to +9mph) There is another setting for margin over the speed limiter.( In my case up to +2mph). The overspeed will record after a minute (last 15 secs will have a warning)

justpassing:
here’s a fact:

If it is a fact and an offence is committed if going over 56mph for 1 minute then please send me a link explaining which rule I’ve broken and how much the penalty may be. Which specific part of the construction and use regs would this be covered by.

stevieboy308:
No luck needed

In case anyone wants a copy of this info for their own records, see page 18 of the DVSA enforcement sanctions policy
gov.uk/government/publicati … ons-policy

Terry T:

justpassing:
here’s a fact:

If it is a fact and an offence is committed if going over 56mph for 1 minute then please send me a link explaining which rule I’ve broken and how much the penalty may be. Which specific part of the construction and use regs would this be covered by.

It does not seem anyone can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk