Information on vosa

dozy:
Dave , offence is as original post ( break was 8 hr 45 mins ) , thanks dave it seems a bit clearer now , first offence so hopefully theyl feel sorry for me , again thanks for your help .

dozy,

It seems to me (if that’s the only offence) that it could have been dealt with by way of a bollocking, or a fixed penalty if you failed the attitude test or tried them with a nonsense excuse.

Did they say that it is being reported for summons?

As for them feeling sorry for you… it seems that you have yet to learn that it’s YOUR responsibility because YOU were driving the truck in breach of drivers’ hours regulations. YOU took the decision to start driving that day.

Sorry mate, but IMHO you’re quite possibly heading for some serious trouble if you don’t start taking responsibility for your actions.

dozy:
Thanks Dave , the vosa bloke said I hope your telling me the truth ( I was ) as when you go too court they won’t take kindly too finding out you weren’t , I assumed court was in front of traffic commissioner
Will have too wait and see what happens

I thought you said it wasn’t you? Dozy - why the ■■■■ do you come on here asking for advice, when you then totally ignore it? You have been told to slow down, tell planners when work cannot be done and DO NOT drive with your card out. :unamused:

The Sarge:

dozy:
Thanks Dave , the vosa bloke said I hope your telling me the truth ( I was ) as when you go too court they won’t take kindly too finding out you weren’t , I assumed court was in front of traffic commissioner
Will have too wait and see what happens

I thought you said it wasn’t you? Dozy - why the [zb] do you come on here asking for advice, when you then totally ignore it? You have been told to slow down, tell planners when work cannot be done and DO NOT drive with your card out. :unamused:

Ahh!!

I didn’t realise that dozy had pulled his card (maybe I missed that bit?) which explains why they said it’ll be going to court.

dozy:
and no it’s not me.

dozy:
first offence so hopefully theyl feel sorry for me , again thanks for your help .

So first it wasn’t you and now it is. Coupled with your other post about having a disciplinary meeting.
Come on Dozy, get out the green machine before you do some real damage to yourself or worse and hurt someone innocent.

m1cks:

dozy:
and no it’s not me.

dozy:
first offence so hopefully theyl feel sorry for me , again thanks for your help .

So first it wasn’t you and now it is. Coupled with your other post about having a disciplinary meeting.
Come on Dozy, get out the green machine before you do some real damage to yourself or worse and hurt someone innocent.

That’s the reason they park you up mick too make sure you’ve had the correct amount of rest ( sleep ) , I’m sure if vosa thought I was a danger too all these innocent folks I’d be still there or at her majesty’s service :exclamation: .
It’s once , it’s mins , and it was too get parked up , I’m not a serial offender , driving for days with no sleep , get a grip mick

YOU are telling Mick to get a grip? You’ve got some neck - you are the one that thinks rules are for the rest of us. You keep on disregarding the regulations and you WILL be off to see the Traffic Commissioner…

The Sarge:
YOU are telling Mick to get a grip? You’ve got some neck - you are the one that thinks rules are for the rest of us. You keep on disregarding the regulations and you WILL be off to see the Traffic Commissioner…

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, as if your all perfect :unamused: :unamused:

dozy:

dozy,

That quote speaks volumes about YOU.

FYI: Other people’s conduct isn’t the issue here… it’s YOU who was pulled, so it’s YOUR conduct that’s being looked at, and YOU who is answerable to DVSA/a court/a TC for it.

Ok dozy, I’m sure that folks can see that there’s some mitigation, but YOU are still answerable because mitigation is NOT the same thing as an excuse. There’s no way out of this for you if the authorities decide to take it further.

Keep yer head down mate. :wink:

Speaks volumes for my attitude dave , I spent all afternoon texting , ringing , emails being sent so I could get that truck out and parked up within my legal hours , my attitude isn’t in question here , what is in question is why the people who recieved those texts , phone calls , emails did not act on them , and that’s not just my opinion , plenty of people in authority are asking the same ? .
This driver should never of been put in this situation , being what there saying , he followed procedure , he went beyond procedure , but no - one did zb all , no one bothered answering his calls for help , he’s running out of hours and even though they should of acted on it they didn’t , nothing was done too help him out of the situation he was in , we failed him that day .
The hr women said you couldn’t of done anymore than you did :exclamation: :exclamation:
I’ll accept what’s comming my way for taking card out , but too question my attitude that day I can’t accept that , I did everything I could too get it tipped and parked up legally , everything .
as for the , what planet does he live on , you have too adhere the rules we do , zb me Mr perfect , I’ve heard it all before , must think I’m bloody stupid , as if he’s never done anything wrong :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

At least I’m bright enough not to post my mistakes all over the Internet…

The Sarge:
At least I’m bright enough not to post my mistakes all over the Internet…

so I called it right , your post about I should follow the rules like everyone else was ■■■■■■■■ , I make mistakes :laughing: , zb me I should of tried that one , it was a mistake, honest lol: .
The only difference between me and you is you haven’t been caught , yet :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
Nb and mine was 1 mistake , few minutes without card in and 15 mins short on daily rest , your on about mistakes , you really don’t want too be posting on here about mistakes :exclamation: :question: do you , that’s not very bright is it :laughing:

dozy:
Speaks volumes for my attitude dave , I spent all afternoon texting , ringing , emails being sent so I could get that truck out and parked up within my legal hours , my attitude isn’t in question here , what is in question is why the people who recieved those texts , phone calls , emails did not act on them , and that’s not just my opinion , plenty of people in authority are asking the same ? .
This driver should never of been put in this situation , being what there saying , he followed procedure , he went beyond procedure , but no - one did zb all , no one bothered answering his calls for help , he’s running out of hours and even though they should of acted on it they didn’t , nothing was done too help him out of the situation he was in , we failed him that day .
The hr women said you couldn’t of done anymore than you did :exclamation: :exclamation:
I’ll accept what’s comming my way for taking card out , but too question my attitude that day I can’t accept that , I did everything I could too get it tipped and parked up legally , everything .
as for the , what planet does he live on , you have too adhere the rules we do , zb me Mr perfect , I’ve heard it all before , must think I’m bloody stupid , as if he’s never done anything wrong :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

dozy,

I thought this was coming… your post is all about the mitigation I mentioned, and I’ve already said there’s mitigation and it’s plain for all to see.

This is what I meant when I said your other post speaks volumes about you…

Here’s what you wrote:

dozy:

Nobody had said they were perfect; so that (your) comment has got nothing to do with what’s actually being discussed and IMHO is a very poorly disguised attempt to deflect attention and muddy the waters by going off-topic, which folks will probably see through pretty quickly.

It looks like you’ve owned up that what you did wasn’t quite what you ought to have done, so let’s just hope that the authorities have got bigger fish to fry. Keep yer head down mate!! :wink:

? You really are a ■■■■■■■■■ aren’t you? Go ■■■■ yourself and find a job more suited to your abilities - MacDonalds are looking for burger flippers…

dozy:

Ermm, yes I do.

dieseldave:

dozy:

dozy,

I thought this was coming… your post is all about the mitigation I mentioned, and I’ve already said there’s mitigation and it’s plain for all to see.

This is what I meant when I said your other post speaks volumes about you…

Here’s what you wrote:

dozy:

Nobody had said they were perfect; so that (your) comment has got nothing to do with what’s actually being discussed and IMHO is a very poorly disguised attempt to deflect attention and muddy the waters by going off-topic, which folks will probably see through pretty quickly.

It looks like you’ve owned up that what you did wasn’t quite what you ought to have done, so let’s just hope that the authorities have got bigger fish to fry. Keep yer head down mate!! :wink:

Ta for the advice dave , leave this week ( my choice ) , was going on agency but been offered some night trunking which will do me until things with vosa get sorted , very short hours ( 8 hrs max per night ) so should be able too keep my card clean :wink:

The Sarge:

dozy:

Ermm, yes I do.

Good , I’ve just ■■■■■■ my self over you ■■■■■■■■ yourself about not sending in your medical form in :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: priceless , what was it , I should adhere to the regs like everyone else , zb me you don’t even no what date it is , when the medical form should of gone in , are you legal too drive :laughing: :laughing: anyway I won’t hold you up , you need too get yourself too Swansea asap :laughing: :laughing: don’t you .
Thanks for cheering me up :smiley: :smiley: no end , can’t wait for the next instalment :laughing:

Yeah, coz getting a form in late is so much worse than running without your card in, isn’t it? Pillock.
One is a mistake, the other is fraudulent. See if you can work out which is which.

The Sarge:
Yeah, coz getting a form in late is so much worse than running without your card in, isn’t it? Pillock.
One is a mistake, the other is fraudulent. See if you can work out which is which.

Ha ha , it was mistakes yesterday :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Eh? Someone obviously had a spare 50 pence…

This makes me smile, regardless of you phoning/texting and emailing the planners, it is your duty as the driver to ensure you are able to get to a safe place and take appropriate breaks as required by law.

Therefore as the driver you have to make decisions based on staying within the law regardless of what the planner or office tell you what to do or in this case don’t.

If you are running out of time and no one gives you clear decisions then pull out and get back to base within your hours, or park up and night out and have the correct rest simple as that really.

As for going against the planner as long as you have informed them of the problem there is naff all they can do, if they sack you you would likely win a tribunal.

You are the driver and you have to take responsibility for your actions, removing a card etc is quite frankly stupid as the tacho head still records everything.