Incorrect Infringement - What to do?

Freight Dog:
So what you’re saying is you actually have done nothing wrong but the incorrect interpretation of POA by the analysis created an infringement and you’re apologising where you have no need to apologise.

OR

You did actually go over your accumulated drive time without a proper total break period.

If the first, no need for the apologetics. POA gets a hard time, mainly because the crap tacho glitch that shows a display reset of drive time and also equally halfwitted analysis software that repeats this dullard interpretation followed by dullard analysis clerks who also don’t understand the crap the machine is spitting out.

Like a bear scratching his proverbial arse on a tree I bang on about this - POA itself is fine, it’s just a mode. It doesn’t cause hassle. To say otherwise misses the point. It has no tricky ways. It’s just a mode, it’s rarely applicable to most day to day uses if used correctly.

What has tricky ways is the idiots who don’t understand it, the crap hardware display glitches, those that abuse it for WTD or misinterpret it’s uses in analysis that cause driver hassle.

If the second. The digi tacho has one job! Just one job! If it displays misleading information to a driver then this government regulated and sanctioned piece of Tandy junk has failed 100 percent. The same goes for analysis program. It has one job! If it brings up infringements when no infringements take place then it has failed 100 percent. They need to sort this out. Boils my bacon.

In this case, it’s a genuine mistake. It was a few weeks back, but I can only assume I was in a rush to get out the truck for whatever reason (probably seen a freshly stocked vending machine).

The problem I believe, as I’ve just recently began HGV driving, not once in the 4 tests I was put through did anybody go into detail regarding the Tachograph. Yes, the basics of 4.5 hours drive, 45 break but not a single mention of WTD until I started working and another driver mentioned it in passing (which led me to interrogate him about it). Even during my induction into the company I work for now, I was taught Manual entry, when I asked about POA, the guy gave me the most passive answer.

The way I found out about POA clearing the driving time, was when another new driver I know told me about it. “So can we technically use it as a break?”, “Dunno, why would it clear it if it didn’t count?”, apparently a design flaw which could potentially cost a lot of ignorant driver their licenses, or many weeks pay! Also not 1 single official source regarding Driving Hours, mentions that POA clears the Driving Time, nothing I found anyway.

This isn’t the sort of thing we should be finding out about by trail and error. Surely this isn’t the first time this has happened, I’ve love to find out what the courts ruled in a similar situation. (But I don’t want to be finding out first hand lolz)

I think you need to chill more, less worries of appeals, courts etc over one infringement.

Every time I use poa I write drive time I have used up at the bottom of work sheet in case I drive off without checking saves a lot of hassle when u look up and see 2 mins counting then having to stop again take printout then adding up used driving time

mrginge:
I think you need to chill more, less worries of appeals, courts etc over one infringement.

Do you know what they do too people who’ve got driving infringements in prison!

ADVICE = Never use POA

If a recording error is made then do a manual entry ASAP

If you went through initial driver cpc where there is no real test on driver regs (could be if they changed mod 2 into regs test :bulb: ) then do a 7 hours dcpc periodic course on the regs ASAP

Am I right in thinking that in Europe they accept POA as a form of break period of used by the driver, that is why the tacho units clear the driving time after 40+ mins where as over here it is not accepted towards a break period?

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Am I right in thinking that in Europe they accept POA as a form of break period of used by the driver, that is why the tacho units clear the driving time after 40+ mins where as over here it is not accepted towards a break period?

That’s my understanding too Steve.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

That’s even more barmy then! Thought we were all “European”? Or is that just when it suits to shaft us…