In cab cooking.....

Glen A9:
This beats cooking in the cab. I cooked it at home last night. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice idea, but some of are away for more than the odd night at a time :wink:

images.jpg

You could make up a week’s worth of meals at the weekend and pack them in portion sized tubs.
As long as you’ve got a fridge and access to a microwave it’s handy if you don’t want the hassle of cooking in the cab and things to wash up.

What about keeping a roll of greaseproof paper in the cab… line your plates with a layer of that first, then add your food.

When your done just bin the paper and the plate should still be clean!!

Of course I’m not sure how you’d keep the saucepan clean?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Glen A9:
You could make up a week’s worth of meals at the weekend and pack them in portion sized tubs.
As long as you’ve got a fridge and access to a microwave it’s handy if you don’t want the hassle of cooking in the cab and things to wash up.

To be honest cooking in cab is less hassle than spend all day Sunday cooking a weeks dinners

switchlogic:

Glen A9:

To be honest cooking in cab is less hassle than spend all day Sunday cooking a weeks dinners

One night of cab cooking can often do 2 dinners and even a lunch anyway.

I’ll premake stuff if I’m doing it anyway, making chili or lasagne for example but rarely make stuff solely for taking away.

A.

Adonis.:

switchlogic:

Glen A9:

I’ll premake stuff if I’m doing it anyway, making chili or lasagne for example but rarely make stuff solely for taking away.

A.

You want to be careful eating spicy food mate.
Especially as Norfolkinclue has just torn you a brand new ringpiece :laughing: :arrow_right:

Glen A9:

When I tramped, the present Mrs Donkey used to do just that. The fridge in the XF used to keep things frozen all week.

:open_mouth:

the nodding donkey:

Andrejs:
We are EE drivers can cook in cab anything in anything.Every little help. :smiley:

How long does a medium sized swan need to be cooked for?

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

Lennoxtown:
What about keeping a roll of greaseproof paper in the cab… line your plates with a layer of that first, then add your food.

If you’re gonna do that, you might as well use paper plates and plastic cutlery.

eagerbeaver:

Adonis.:

switchlogic:

Glen A9:

A.

You want to be careful eating spicy food mate.
Especially as Norfolkinclue has just torn you a brand new ringpiece :laughing: :arrow_right:

He’s not bothered by me though, not at all. :laughing:

A.

Shandy123:

Lennoxtown:

If you’re gonna do that, you might as well use paper plates and plastic cutlery.

Hmm I suppose… just do it like everyone else then… eat then wash the dishes. No other way!! Lol

Another week, another night out in Bettyhill.
I didn’t have to cook anything this time, as my misses made it for me yesterday. :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Only been tramping a week and find taking a bucket with the dishes in the shower room at the service as once you washed then you can clean a rinse the plates with free hot water …

Pawuk:
Only been tramping a week and find taking a bucket with the dishes in the shower room at the service as once you washed then you can clean a rinse the plates with free hot water …

Christ. Is this how bad the job’s getting when folk are washing pots in the showers? :open_mouth:

I usaly sponge the worst off with a bit of water then use a floor wipe to finish off

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pawuk:

This is too much like turning into a gypsy for me. What a sight it must be seeing someone walking to the showers with their towel and wash bag in one hand and a bucket of pots clanging in a bucket in the other.

mdourish:
I usaly sponge the worst off with a bit of water then use a floor wipe to finish off

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Where’s Dipper when we need a retort about showers, gel and finishing off with wipes??
[emoji2]

UKtramp:

Pawuk:

This is too much like turning into a gypsy for me. What a sight it must be seeing someone walking to the showers with their towel and wash bag in one hand and a bucket of pots clanging in a bucket in the other.

Got to be a wind up… hopefully! :confused:

Because I’m a lazy git, it’s usually 1-pot cooking for me, then the pan becomes the plate, and once I’m done, it becomes the washing up bowl.

Nope I think he is dead serious and really does take a bucket of pots and dishes into the shower all nicely placed in a bucket. Bravo that man, please give us a list of places you are visiting next week, I would love to see this and perhaps get a selfie with you.