In cab cameras

As far as I know, as there was one in the lorry I was driving for the agency and they explained it to me, the camera records constantly, but deletes it almost instantly. The only moment when it actually records is when there are some strong movements of the vehicle (sudden turn, harsh braking, hit etc.) - then it leaves about 15 seconds before the incident. Or you can press the red button if you want to record something. So as for recording I am not bothered with it.

I wonder though if they can watch you real-time on line.

This one records 24/7 upto 200 hrs you can also burn it to a DVD via a laptop windshieldcam.com/
I know of two guys where it has paid for itself after being hit in truckstops and the other truck drove off .

Having a camera in my cab is the one thing I will not put up with. If/When more companies start to bring cameras in I will do my forklift ticket and get a job in a warehouse. There are plenty of large distribution centres springing up around Peterborough.

from what i understand even cameras are being fitted to forks!! as well as some sensor alarm thingy, not quite sure what that does though,

we have them in ours the record all the time but only save on harsh braking or collision so many seconds before so many after this is then downloaded on return to yard the do not send live pictureshttp://www.drivecam.com/

I wouldn’t have a problem with a camera in the windscreen so long as it only recorded during harsh braking or cornering and was used to prove my innocence, as for having a tommy tank i normally close the curtains first.

i had the two way camera in 2007 driving in New Zealand but you dont sleep in the cab you sleep in a motel so no problem over there, the reason they fitted them was 2 roll overs in 12mths so the insurance company insisted on them incase the driver was falling asleep, was also told your monitored and the company (outside contractor) rings you up if your starting to nod off. apparently some guy is monitoring say 12 screens/drivers.