Improving our image with the public

image? what {zb} image? drive down any road in this country and you’ll see a truck tailgating a car or another truck, a hairy arsed gorilla with a ■■■ hanging out his gob mouthing off at someone who is impeding his mission of completing a 12 hour day in 8 hours, you see nearly every 3rd truck driver (and every 2nd car driver) on the phone, there’s very little professionalism in truck drivers nowadays just plenty no {zbs} givin.

robroy:

blue estate:

ETS:
I use my phone when I’m driving my car. Am I a bad driver? No, because I don’t use it when I’m driving a truck.

Yes you are !!! And if stopped using phone in your Zb’ing car it can affect your HGV licence as well twonk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He’s maybe referring to hands free use tbf, it’s getting to the stage where the brainwashed are advocating for no phone use at all, handsfree or otherwise.
I seem to remember a certain member on here telling us we should be totally 100% alert at all times when driving (humanly impossible) to the point of not even listening to the radio. :unamused: and sat bolt upright in the learner driver ‘‘hands 10 to 2, nose to windscreen’’ position. :laughing:
Christ I’d be knackered after an hour. :laughing:

Do you miss me that much that you accuse me of saying something I never said? Stoop to telling lies and making things up to get a reaction?
Well it worked.

Or maybe I am paranoid and you are talking about someone else?

Just to refresh your confused mind I did say hands free will one day be banned and that also it has been proved to affect concentration when driving with many drivers.

scotstrucker:
image? what {zb} image? drive down any road in this country and you’ll see a truck tailgating a car or another truck, a hairy arsed gorilla with a ■■■ hanging out his gob mouthing off at someone who is impeding his mission of completing a 12 hour day in 8 hours, you see nearly every 3rd truck driver (and every 2nd car driver) on the phone, there’s very little professionalism in truck drivers nowadays just plenty no {zbs} givin.

You must be looking through my eyes. :laughing:

the nodding donkey:
I have seen this mentioned more than once now, and I’m puzzled.
How does my hygiene regimen affect my ability to drive a truck? If I can shower I will do so, and I will wear a clean set of clothes every morning, but if i park up on an industrial estate or out in the country, i don’t loose sleep over it. And as far as i know, my driving abilities are no better or worse wether i have a shower or not.

To the public and importantly to your employer’s customers if you’ve not had a wash, not had a shave if you don’t have a beard and basically look like you’ve been dragged through a bush then it doesn’t really instil confidence.

jakethesnake:
there’s very little professionalism in truck drivers nowadays just plenty no {zbs} givin.

There was never any in the first place, just a completely misplaced belief that there was in the minds of deluded muppets who think that Convoy and that old black and white film about tipper drivers are training videos.

I’d argue that there’s more of it now than there used to be due to some haulage companies managing to be dragged out of the 1970s to the modern age along with some of their workforce but unfortunately whilst there are still plenty of those knocking around from the bad old days then you’ll still have the majority still having the same mindset as they did back then.

Conor:

jakethesnake:
there’s very little professionalism in truck drivers nowadays just plenty no {zbs} givin.

There was never any in the first place, just a completely misplaced belief that there was in the minds of deluded muppets who think that Convoy and that old black and white film about tipper drivers are training videos.

I’d argue that there’s more of it now than there used to be due to some haulage companies managing to be dragged out of the 1970s to the modern age along with some of their workforce but unfortunately whilst there are still plenty of those knocking around from the bad old days then you’ll still have the majority still having the same mindset as they did back then.

Is this wind up Jake day? That is not my quote dopey. :unamused:

And on the subject of the 70’s. You are wrong as you were about Leconfield.

jakethesnake:

robroy:

blue estate:

ETS:
I use my phone when I’m driving my car. Am I a bad driver? No, because I don’t use it when I’m driving a truck.

Yes you are !!! And if stopped using phone in your Zb’ing car it can affect your HGV licence as well twonk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He’s maybe referring to hands free use tbf, it’s getting to the stage where the brainwashed are advocating for no phone use at all, handsfree or otherwise.
I seem to remember a certain member on here telling us we should be totally 100% alert at all times when driving (humanly impossible) to the point of not even listening to the radio. :unamused: and sat bolt upright in the learner driver ‘‘hands 10 to 2, nose to windscreen’’ position. :laughing:
Christ I’d be knackered after an hour. :laughing:

Do you miss me that much that you accuse me of saying something I never said? Stoop to telling lies and making things up to get a reaction?
Well it worked.

Or maybe I am paranoid and you are talking about someone else?

Just to refresh your confused mind I did say hands free will one day be banned and that also it has been proved to affect concentration when driving with many drivers.

Not everything is about YOU Jakey me old mate.
I can’t remember in any of your (CONSTANT repetitive), posts slagging off truckers, saying to me about sitting in the 10 to 2 position.
I was referring to another star who once picked me up for saying that I tend to lounge back in the seat with backrest back and steering wheel at full rake like sat in a car, who told me I should be driving like I was taught at driving training,.and that I was a danger…(his theory refuted by my driving record)

Now you mention it,… I do recall it was you rambling on about listening to radios, danger of hands free calls, and all the other ott over reactive type of cack,… but tbf it all just mingles into one after your first 900 or so one trick pony type posts. :wink: :smiley:

Yeah you are still confused. Never ever have I said anything about listening to radio’s.
If you don’t like my posts, don’t read them. That’s what you keep telling others. :wink:

jakethesnake:
Yeah you are still confused. Never ever have I said anything about listening to radio’s.

Hmmmm ok :neutral_face: …(stroking my beard here. :smiley: )
If I could be arsed to trawl through our many conversations I reckon I would find it,…but I can’t, so I won’t. :bulb: :smiley:

I reckon I would find it,

You would not because I did not EVER say that. FACT.

first 900 or so one trick pony type posts

You mean like the one about Iceland? Another thread where you decided to have a go just for the sake of it. :wink:

jakethesnake:
first 900 or so one trick pony type jposts

You mean like the one about Iceland? Another thread where you decided to have a go just for the sake of it. :wink:

Iceland?? :open_mouth:
Wtf are you rabbiting on about man? :laughing:

Re: Is it a lorry or is it a bus?

Postby robroy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:45 am
That’s a coincidence, I also visited Iceland this week, AND I saw a few buses.
I was stocking up for a week away,…their ready made Indian curries are just like the real thing. :sunglasses:

Ring any bells?

jakethesnake:
Re: Is it a lorry or is it a bus?

Postby robroy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:45 am
That’s a coincidence, I also visited Iceland this week, AND I saw a few buses.
I was stocking up for a week away,…their ready made Indian curries are just like the real thing. :sunglasses:

Ring any bells?

Away Jake man, it was a JOKE ffs.
Ok, maybe not a good one, but nevertheless a joke.
Hardly ‘‘Having a go’’. :unamused:

Never had you down as a shrinking violet, you surprise me.
You’ll be playing the Bullying card next. :neutral_face:

jakethesnake:

TheUncaringCowboy:
Couldn’t care less what the public think of me, I’m into making money not making friends.

It’s drivers like yourself that don’t help the situation and if you are wanting to make money you are in the wrong occupation. I know people that get three times as much as most lorry drivers for half the hours and they get treated with respect and are well thought of by others. Something lorry drivers can only ever dream about.

Good for them.

I live very comfortably and get paid to stare out the window at most of Europe.

I don’t concern myself with what others think of me, never mind dream about it.