Important Information Re- Driver Hour Guard CE02 DHG

tonyb…:
I know mine is one of the faulty ones.

Tony there is not one correct one in the UK yet, 1000 were brought in, in late Feb the faults started to be reported around Mid March, in fact I think Neill (Coffeeholic) was the first to pick up on a problem regarding Split Shift, then a guy who runs a company in Shropshire who had 5 timers found the fault regarding POA being included in the 6hrs period around 1 week later.

A Further 1000 had been ordered as the first batch sold out relatively quickly due to the advance offer you recieved, the second batch arrived 2 weeks ago but I felt they should be held back until the PCB’s were changed as these should be in the UK in around 2 weeks time, DTS however, feels different, they think that they should be sold then recalled after the PCB’s arrive, but my opinion is this is a big mistake as the reputation of the Hour Guard is going to be ruined because of greed, in effect if the CE02’s are on shop shelves at the moment then they have a fault, in my honest opinion they should all be notified that there is a fault and the stock should be repired / replaced / reimbursed until the timer has been rectified by replacing the PCB, it was originally thought that the software could be updated by the USB port but as soon as it was confirmed this was not possible I wanted sales to stop.

I may have now caused a self destruct on the Hour Guards but I would rather the sales stopped completely on the CE02 (The CE01’s are unaffected) than see the products reputation shattered because of a large number of complaints about software inaccuracies. I have always been upfront about things which maybe is my problem, but at the end of the day I feel I am respected for this, I posted on the DTS discussion Forums that there was a recall going to be issued, this was removed, I posted notification that I was resigning from DTS, this was also removed in a bid to stop customers being made aware that there will be no technical support available by anyone knowing the ins and outs of the timer. I’ve also noticed that the complaints section has been removed to stop anyone complaining about things :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

All I’m prepared to say at this present time is that I have took the decision to notify the Trustee handling my personal Bankruptcy of all the past weeks events to stop the situation getting any worse, and to prevent things coming back at a later date to rear its ugly head as things are getting very messy.

Coffeeholic:

Davey Driver:
2) After split shift rest of 2hrs 45 mins during day, timer still makes you take 9 hrs rest before allowing you to end daily rest.:

Typo in there Davey? Should that not read 3hrs 45mins. 2hrs 45 mins would indeed need a 9 hour rest.

Sorry Neill My Mistake :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

BTW Just seen this Link dts-limited.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80 Due to increase in demand :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

More like due to not knowing anything about the Timer :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

How I wish I had found this link before buying mine of Ebay. Couldn’t figure out why alarm was going after 6 hrs. At least I now know. Thanks for the honesty Davey

Davey

Don’t know much about the product but I will have one off you mate when you are sorted.

I am totally confused by the whole POA thing to be honest

Dave

Many thanks to Nightowl for sending DTS this link it would have been more ethical if Davey Driver could have bothered to inform us rather than try and score points behind our backs and of course making himself out to being the peoples Guardian.

Lets get things right Davey Driver placed all the orders, the first 1000 units no problem was brought to our attention, then he ordered the second delivery another 1000 CE02 which we have to pay 50% with order, at no time did he inform us there was a problem. He then admits that there is a software issue but it isn’t really a problem it can easily be fixed, initially he told us he thought it could be upgraded via the USB cable with an upgrade download from the DTS website.
Then when we had received the timers nd paid for them, he told us that the PCB needed to be replaced. My Question to him was if you knew about the problem why did you order the second 1000 units?.

I told him when he was demanding lots of things,that I would correct every unit at DTS’s expense, (although, the problem was his fault giving the software writer the wrong information, so he should be responsible for the cost), I would employ someone to replace the updated PCB and we are waiting for the units to be sent over from China. But there seems to be a problem there, we have sent 10 emails to our manufacturer asking when the updated PCB will be ready, but not one has been answered, I would suggest anyone that reads this post sends Davey an email asking him to give Wings Products permission to answer.

So I cannot see why he should be so worried about his reputation being ruined if he hadn’t posted this on the net trying to cause DTS problems, no one would have known that the problems were all down to him giving the wrong information.

I can assure everyone that has a problem with the new CE02 they will all be upgraded with the new software the company will not be going into liquidation now that Davey has passed over his shares to the trustees of his bankruptcy.

We are developing a new product that is going to work on a PDA or Smartphone which will give the LGV driver even more benefits, so watch this space or even better log onto our website www.dts-limited.co.uk

Good news because at least we know when the new upgraded PCB will be ready, it is going to be about 5 weeks the reason for this is with the new upgrades and the addition of the battery indicator they need to fit a new component, a OTP Ic, but the lead time on this component is 30 days, I have told them that this is unacceptable and to search for another supplier, but they didn’t hold out much hope of getting them any quicker.

I have tried my best to get this sorted quicker but they are the manufacturer and do all the testing.

Regards
Mike

Good News for CE02 DHG Owners at last :wink:

This was recieved by e-mail this morning, I had to chuckle at the OTP “IC” being fitted :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The OTP happens to be the main processor which can either be masked or OTP if its OTP its cheaper and can be copied if the pin numbers are known along with the IC number, if its masked its not possible to copy the data from it.

Either way, I’m pleased he has finally made contact with the supplier, strangely though there is no apology to myself regarding his comments about me instructing the supplier not to speak to him lol as he also found out that the Supplier has been on holiday for 3 weeks :wink: :wink: :wink:

We are developing a new product that is going to work on a PDA or Smartphone which will give the LGV driver even more benefits, so watch this space or even better log onto our website www.dts-limited.co.uk

Definately interested in a PDA product - as long as the price is sensible, means I would have less to carry around with me !!

G

I also got the same email. It’d be nice to think that I might get some (fixed) use out of it!

I read through your signature link, Davey. A good honest post, I thought. Let me know when the ‘next generation’ is sorted. :wink: