I'm in court in the morning

Why has something so trivial gone to court ■■ I thought things like this would be easily sorted at the time.
Is it the other guys insurers who have decided to go down this route or you ■■

good luck mate i hope all goes well :slight_smile: :slight_smile: to me it sound like the fork lift driver is at fault for not looking back more agian good luck

Hi all!!! Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but i went straight back to work minus lap top :unamused: :unamused:

Well, i showed up for court as asked. However, the forklift driver didn’t. His employers sent along the site manager. In the truck drivers statement, he stated that he had looked to his left before making his move. Apparently i was supposed to of acknowledged that as his intention to make his manovre. His manager then proceeded to show me some photos of signage around the site. (ie. Port authority vehicles have priority, Lorry drivers to give way to site equipment ect, ect. )

He proceeded to ask me if i’d seen these signs and did i understand what they meant? At this point the Judge stepped in and informed the gent in question that no amount of signs displayed any where around the site would excuse the FLT driver from his actions. These signs did not mean anything in the eyes of the court. Had the FLT driver been looking in his direction of travel he would of seen my truck and would of avoided the collision. So with that he found the company guilty and awarded me full compensation.

So there we have it folks, a victory for the little man. A nice kick up the R’s for the arrogant gits that tried to aviod taking responsabilty for their drivers carelessness.

I would dearly love to name and shame those that caused me all this grief, but it wouldn’t be appropriate.
A lesson learnt there guys and gals. DO NOT BE FOBBED OFF WITH PROMISES OF CO OPERATION

hi mate glad its al sorted out for you, all you have to do is wait to see if there pay up

I dont see why you don’t name and shame these people, its not like your making unfounded allegations, have a court ruling to back you.

I’m glad you one, sick of these large companies with their rules, signs etc… designed to try and avoid paying out for accidents which is their fault. Seems a lot of these companies think their company policy goes above the actual law.

1-0. They don’t like it up 'em!

Weren’t you stationary at the time? How they had the cheek to try and get out of that is beyond me.

The things people will do to get out of stepping up to the plate and taking their do’s is shameful.

nice juice pay out for the red lorry, i bet he will get a treat or two

Have you repaired the truck since?

mickyblue:
nice juice pay out for the red lorry, i bet he will get a treat or two

Have you repaired the truck since?

Oh yes , most certainly repaired. Once the insurance company are squared up i’ll have a little bit of pocket money. It wasn’t really about the money, it was the principle

i know what Mr Vains new year resolution is going to be

not to have another year like the last one
well done keep on trucking :smiley:

hitch:
i know what Mr Vains new year resolution is going to be

not to have another year like the last one
well done keep on trucking :smiley:

AMEN!!!