If You Could Vote Again (Brexit)

Tempest:
If Brexit is so good You Brexiteers should volunteer to be made redundant 1st. :wink:

I did! :sunglasses:

(and I wouldn’t be moaning - if I got made redundant again, by this point either!)

Met and spoke to an Hard Left individual who’s an old friend of mine yesterday…

Him: “The money for the UK to be gotten from Brexit is all a lie”.

Me : “Wot? Do you mean there isn’t any, or just there isn’t any under the Conservatives?”

Me: “Let’s put it another way: I’m assuming you believe the lie that the £350m on the side of the bus was a lie?”
Him: Huh?

Me: “Let’s get this straight. In today’s politics, you dress up bully to look like the truth, and vice-versa. If the actual figure was so much as a million away from £350m exactly, then it could be argued to be a lie - correct?”

Me: “So, if it’s say, £348m per week, then by the Left’s reckoning - that’s jolly good value to be thrown at Brussels each week, we’ll get a fraction of it back as “rebate” and funding for art projects, some channelled science research into this New age Religion of “Man Made” Climate change, and perhaps some legal spendings for the human rights representation for genders 34 through 37, and other such politically correct rubbish at this time?”

Me: “The thought of securing that money for Parliament and future governments to spend FIRST, and worrying about turning over the government in control of spending that amount only AFTER we’ve secured it - hadn’t occured to you?”

Put it another way. I’d LOVE to see a Labour government take over. They are by far, the very best at spending money in this country - and always have been. I get that.
I just don’t want a Labour government that borrows to pay it’s civil service bills and/or raises taxes for ordinary working people. That’s what it will always be though, without harnessing the magic money tree, and hence why I don’t vote Labour so far…

It seems that far too many remainers have been lied to, in that in order to keep the Conservatives out of power (when they’re IN power - so that’s working well, isn’t it?) it’s worth denying our own citizens, including the very benefit scroungers, immigrants, criminal rights, and others who’d stand to gain some of that excess cash - everything forever in a vain attempt to keep us in austerity long enough to trigger what? - A Leftist uprising■■? Sorry bud - if there were ever any ‘Leftist Uprising’, then the Nationalists would crush it, simply because they consist of people willing to fight and die for their country, against a far larger number of pacifists who wouldn’t even fight their way out of a paper bag for their own menageries!

Get Brexit Done. If it’s not done - both Conservative AND Labour - will never be elected with a majority again. There won’t be a third party with enough seats large enough to go into coalition with either. Endless zombie governments…
…IF we don’t get Brexit done, and then work out what to spend all that surplus on AFTER that.

Remainers - please tell me why we “don’t want that money again”. If it was “to keep the Conservatives Out” when we don’t have that money, and the Conservatives are in power until we DO - Then WTF are you all playing at? You’re not just shooting yourselves in the feet - but forcing the rest of us to stand all around you whilst you do it! :unamused: :unamused:

Carryfast:

Franglais:
What’s with “stinking urban estates”?
Provide the vast majority of people with housing of a good enough standard and they’ll be happy to look after it. Collect rubbish once a month instead of once a week, stop street cleaning and make a dirty environment and those living there won’t take any pride and won’t look after the place.
Failing to repair broken windows in buildings makes breaking the next one less of a deal. Leaving spray paint graffiti on buildings gives a level of acceptance and encourages more.
So yes, we need more housing, and not just basic boxes either.

Stinking not meant in the literal sense.

Over development creating an urban hell breeds the type of contempt you’re referring to.As does so called ‘affordable’ housing only ghettoes.IE development needs to be done sympathetically on the basis of maintaining the character of and close access to the rural environment and not wrecking that environment.By that standard of housing the counties surrounding London have reached their limit if not very close to it.

While whatever the arguments over the so called need for ‘more’ housing ( have you ever seen an estate agent over run with more customers than available houses for sale ).When it’s the wages and decent jobs needed to afford the available housing stock that’s the problem.Not forcing ever more amounts of urbanisation into the South Eastern corner of the country while others parts remain an underdeveloped wasteland.

While it’s clear that the present housing policy is based on developers taking advantage the greed of ‘first time buyers’ looking for a cheap house with an inbuilt profit margin so that they can trade up to a better place at the next buyer’s expense.

People with “middle of the road” houses - cannot get someone lower down with enough of a mortgage to buy them. Thus, they are either forced to drop their sale price OR they give up, and put it out to let instead. There have been around a dozen properties put up for sale in my street in the past year, for example. Two of them are still displaying “for sale” boards nearly a year on, and the others were all put up for rent, having had their for sale boards taken down. The going rate around here is £900pcm btw. The mortgage payments for a 2% mortgage is about that as well, so it’s not that people cannot afford the mortage payments - they cannot get the bloody 2% mortgages that don’t exceed what they’ve got as deposits! To get a cheap mortgage now, you’re looking at LTVs of 50-60% - rather than 75-95% as would be fairly straightforward to get 10 years ago, even just after the credit crunch. House prices have been stagnant throughout that decade, simply because you cannot borrow money to bid up prices any longer! The property is worth what an incoming BTL landlord will pay for it! If the property is immaculate - you’ll get the asking price. If it’s less, you’ll need to drop the price to shift it. If it’s anything else? - It won’t sell at all, and it’ll be put out to rent. That’s the Property market today!

Also the inference that the government intends to over supply the housing market with more urbanisation,especially in the south east,to the point where they’ll collapse it causing a house price deflation spiral.What could possibly go wrong.Massive urbanisation creating over supply of housing and turning semi rural areas into more City suburbs if not inner city environments.Where only the lowest paid really want to live and an exodus of the existing population to less developed areas of the country and resulting house price crash of the existing housing stock and the new estates.Leaving their builders with a load of new now virtually worthless stock to offload and the banks with a massive negative equity mountain ■■■■■■■ in the existing stock.Isn’t that something like what happened in Spain and Ireland.That’ll work.

Winseer:
Met and spoke to an Hard Left individual who’s an old friend of mine yesterday…

Him: “The money for the UK to be gotten from Brexit is all a lie”.

Me : “Wot? Do you mean there isn’t any, or just there isn’t any under the Conservatives?”

Me: “Let’s put it another way: I’m assuming you believe the lie that the £350m on the side of the bus was a lie?”
Him: Huh?

Me: “Let’s get this straight. In today’s politics, you dress up bully to look like the truth, and vice-versa. If the actual figure was so much as a million away from £350m exactly, then it could be argued to be a lie - correct?”

Me: “So, if it’s say, £348m per week, then by the Left’s reckoning - that’s jolly good value to be thrown at Brussels each week, we’ll get a fraction of it back as “rebate” and funding for art projects, some channelled science research into this New age Religion of “Man Made” Climate change, and perhaps some legal spendings for the human rights representation for genders 34 through 37, and other such politically correct rubbish at this time?”

Me: “The thought of securing that money for Parliament and future governments to spend FIRST, and worrying about turning over the government in control of spending that amount only AFTER we’ve secured it - hadn’t occured to you?”

Put it another way. I’d LOVE to see a Labour government take over. They are by far, the very best at spending money in this country - and always have been. I get that.
I just don’t want a Labour government that borrows to pay it’s civil service bills and/or raises taxes for ordinary working people. That’s what it will always be though, without harnessing the magic money tree, and hence why I don’t vote Labour so far…

It seems that far too many remainers have been lied to, in that in order to keep the Conservatives out of power (when they’re IN power - so that’s working well, isn’t it?) it’s worth denying our own citizens, including the very benefit scroungers, immigrants, criminal rights, and others who’d stand to gain some of that excess cash - everything forever in a vain attempt to keep us in austerity long enough to trigger what? - A Leftist uprising■■? Sorry bud - if there were ever any ‘Leftist Uprising’, then the Nationalists would crush it, simply because they consist of people willing to fight and die for their country, against a far larger number of pacifists who wouldn’t even fight their way out of a paper bag for their own menageries!

Get Brexit Done. If it’s not done - both Conservative AND Labour - will never be elected with a majority again. There won’t be a third party with enough seats large enough to go into coalition with either. Endless zombie governments…
…IF we don’t get Brexit done, and then work out what to spend all that surplus on AFTER that.

Remainers - please tell me why we “don’t want that money again”. If it was “to keep the Conservatives Out” when we don’t have that money, and the Conservatives are in power until we DO - Then WTF are you all playing at? You’re not just shooting yourselves in the feet - but forcing the rest of us to stand all around you whilst you do it! :unamused: :unamused:

The truth is they know that we are paying billions in net contributions.In addition to subsidising the EU in the form of the massive trade deficit and in addition the foreign aid scam which is the EU free labour market.

They consider that a price well worth paying because they view the EU as being ‘their’ country and is where their loyalties sit.Not the expendable province of the UK and thereby they put the interests of the EU over those of the UK’s as part of that loyalty.

So May,Corbyn,Cable and Sturgeon are all allied in an obvious agenda to derail Brexit.If the electorate isn’t prepared to vote for UKIP then what.While it’s equally obvious that both the Con and Lab Leave vote won’t desert their respective scammer ideologically remain Parties and leaderships until they realise the level of the deception which May and Corbyn are foisting on the country and it’s too late and Brexit is sabotaged beyond the point of any return.With the tactic being an obvious cross party agenda of delay and playing for time and keeping us tied to the EU until the Cons deliberately commit political suicide at the next election.So as to purge themselves of any Leave tendency and the country is then under the jackboot of that cross Party remain coalition.

While if the government had the slightest intention of delivering Brexit then it would be Hoey not Starmer as shadow Brexit minister and supposed Leavers not remainers at the top of the Cons and we’d be out by now.No Customs Union/Partnership,no ECJ,no further payments,no ‘transition period’,no ifs no buts.

Winseer:
People with “middle of the road” houses - cannot get someone lower down with enough of a mortgage to buy them. Thus, they are either forced to drop their sale price OR they give up, and put it out to let instead. There have been around a dozen properties put up for sale in my street in the past year, for example. Two of them are still displaying “for sale” boards nearly a year on, and the others were all put up for rent, having had their for sale boards taken down. The going rate around here is £900pcm btw. The mortgage payments for a 2% mortgage is about that as well, so it’s not that people cannot afford the mortage payments - they cannot get the bloody 2% mortgages that don’t exceed what they’ve got as deposits! To get a cheap mortgage now, you’re looking at LTVs of 50-60% - rather than 75-95% as would be fairly straightforward to get 10 years ago, even just after the credit crunch. House prices have been stagnant throughout that decade, simply because you cannot borrow money to bid up prices any longer! The property is worth what an incoming BTL landlord will pay for it! If the property is immaculate - you’ll get the asking price. If it’s less, you’ll need to drop the price to shift it. If it’s anything else? - It won’t sell at all, and it’ll be put out to rent. That’s the Property market today

I could post numerous adverts around here in which people are trying to flog poky 2 bed terrace or semis or even flats and maisonettes in zb over developed Greater London areas for as close a price as they can get to something like a decent 3 bed semi or even detached in a nice Green Belt area in Surrey.Ironically and conveniently the estate agents getting away with describing Greater London as Surrey :open_mouth: :laughing: in a desperate and dodgy attempt to assist such moves.That’s the reality of the ‘housing ladder’.IE a big unrealistic subsidised upward move scam at the next mug ‘first time buyers’’ expense and so it goes on.Until the lower ends of that ‘housing ladder’ run out of profit potential.At which point the prospective freeloading social climbers start shouting for the developers to build more ‘affordable’ starter homes to provide the required profit potential for more such moves and all the better if those homes are built in a nice outside of London area to give them a head start.Ironically the demands in question turning those areas into the same over developed crap holes that everyone is trying to avoid and get away from.

Meanwhile added to that is the cluster zb contained within the contradiction of the government obviously inferring that it will over supply the housing market with the intention of deflating it.Which would obviously result in a house price crash caused by the combination of those selling up and running away from the resulting urbanisation of previously nice areas and the increased new build supply.Leaving the builders and banks with a load of depreciating stock and negative equity exposure.That’ll work. :unamused:

We’ve already had quite enough “Transition Period” being forced to wait until March 2019. Because we keep on paying in the meantime, everyone else is going to drag their feet knowing that “Another day of nothing done=Another £50m into Brussels coffers”.

I still maintain that defaulting the payments (need the civil service on board to do this…) would result in the EU reacting quickly, in booting us all the way out practically overnight.
Why?

If the money flow stops - then the EU are still paying umpteen British MEPs their wages, expenses, etc. for starters.
As Farage is on record saying “The day we MEPs get sacked - will be the happiest of my life!”

Trick there, is WE MEPS not “Me, all by myself” which has already been attempted a couple or three times of course. :unamused:

It is thought by Remainers and the Hard Left that “The EU gives us a little back of the billions this country pays it.” If we leave the EU, the Tory scum would use that money to lower taxes, and the Leftists causes far and wide - would be lost forever.

A complete misconception of course.

Get the brexit complete, then kick the Tories into touch.

The public are NEVER going to vote for a majority Remainer party again. Theresa May had enough Remainers to lose her majority, and only Ex-UKIP voters plus students temporarily shifting their votes to Corbyn - pushed the Labour poll up last year.

Their performace in the council elections last week, whilst OK was hardly “Awesome”. Normally in council elections, turnout is low (as it was last week as well) and the effect of the protest vote is thus more pronounced.

Labour, should have done a lot better - and the Libdems should have done a lot more poorly.

Meanwhile, in the House of Lords - there are far too many Libdem peers there, 100% remainers that they are.

As it stands at present, the more establishment feet are dragged in getting Brexit done - the more likely that we’ll continue lumbering from one crisis to another, this weeks one being “out of control violent crime” and “You can’t arrest anyone of colour, because it’s against their yuman rights” ■■■■■■■■.

Being finally out of the EU would solve all of these problems, and yes - I would tolerate a Labour government ONCE the money is secured. But I’d tolerate NO further “Remainer” governments ever again.

The EU has set itself on a course against America now, already having become Hostile to Russia, and other more minor sovereign states around the world.

We stay in the EU, and we can rely on the EU to take us to WWIII, be it against Russia, China, or now America.

Are the EU going to insist on the UK sending troops to defend Iran from Israeli/American aggression?
Are the EU going to insist on bending the knee to Borgia-like Kiev - and invading East Ukraine on Kiev’s behalf, thus provoking a war with Russia?
Are the EU going to keep bleeding Britain, France, Italy, and even Germany dry - merely to chase policially correct causes like the Islamic Immigrants rights to molest our women, steal our benefits, hog our shortage of housing, and not even renounce Islam along the way? They are not even European citizens to start with FFS. The EU sets up all kinds of lofty rules that we must obey, but others outside who hate us all - can break with impunity?

The EU as a political entity is a demon. I don’t give a toss about “What about so-and-so leader somewhere else where it doesn’t affect me and mine”, so spare me the speeches slagging off Trump, Netenyahu, Orbin, Putin, et al who’ve only got in common that they are of the Right, and that friendship with such leaders would be good for the UK, rather than Bad for it.
If our government wants to make enemies - then let’s start with Saudi Arabia, since they fund that damnable so-called “Religion” and run it like a business, with their holy sites, etc.

If it’s wrong for Saddam Hussein to gas a village full of people, and we respond by killing a million plus innocents in that same country - then how about a Regime Change war vs anywhere that has Militant Islam running it? Left Wing version like Turkey/Iran or Right Wing like Saudi Arabia - I care not.

Islam is our enemy - not “Right Wing Leaders” of nuclear powers! :imp:

Winseer:
We’ve already had quite enough “Transition Period” being forced to wait until March 2019. Because we keep on paying in the meantime, everyone else is going to drag their feet knowing that “Another day of nothing done=Another £50m into Brussels coffers”.

I still maintain that defaulting the payments (need the civil service on board to do this…) would result in the EU reacting quickly, in booting us all the way out practically overnight.

I don’t know why Brexiteers keep working themselves into a tizzy about the fact that the UK has not defaulted on its contribution to collective projects. The reality of default is simply that other states may default suddenly on their obligations, and the UK state won’t be trusted again for at least a generation. Bear in mind that for countries like Germany, they pay in even more on the net basis that Brexiteers refer to.

The public are NEVER going to vote for a majority Remainer party again. Theresa May had enough Remainers to lose her majority, and only Ex-UKIP voters plus students temporarily shifting their votes to Corbyn - pushed the Labour poll up last year.

Their performace in the council elections last week, whilst OK was hardly “Awesome”.

It wasn’t astounding, but it showed appreciable progress for Labour - and showed appreciable deterioration for the Tories (who were already in a very distant second place from 2014). Also, have you forgotten that nearly half of the country voted Remain? I say that simply to remind you not to get carried away. There are many, like me, who support Corbyn’s Brexit strategy, but are vehemently opposed to a right-wing Brexit and wouldn’t for a second stand for a party espousing yours or Carryfast’s views on the subject.

Normally in council elections, turnout is low (as it was last week as well) and the effect of the protest vote is thus more pronounced.

But that’s even worse, because low turnouts favour both older and more conservative voters, so if Labour is doing well under a low turnout, that is even more catastrophic for the Tories.

Labour, should have done a lot better - and the Libdems should have done a lot more poorly.

It’s easy to argue that naturally Tory areas like Kensington and Chelsea ought to have fallen to Labour, if voters in that constituency had any conscience, but the fact that it hasn’t isn’t an indictment of Labour - it’s simply a reflection of the class division, where even a council that has caused citizens to be roasted to death, retains support because those who died were not representative of the class of most people in that area. It shows that the rich are indeed waging a class war.

Also, the LibDems are still more or less at their nadir - still garnering some of the lowest results for their party in a generation.

this weeks one being “out of control violent crime” and “You can’t arrest anyone of colour, because it’s against their yuman rights” ■■■■■■■■.

So, you don’t think the spike in crime is anything to do with the fact that the Tories have cut police numbers dramatically since 2010?

Are the EU going to insist on the UK sending troops to defend Iran from Israeli/American aggression?

I would look at it the other way, the EU will be free from being lumbered with US/Israeli aggression. Remember, the 1973 oil crisis that Carryfast harps on about, was at its root due to UK support for Israel. It was attributed to Wilson in the 60s that the UK was kept out of the Vietnam war, which became an American-led quagmire just as Afghanistan and Iraq have.

The EU as a political entity is a demon. I don’t give a toss about “What about so-and-so leader somewhere else where it doesn’t affect me and mine”, so spare me the speeches slagging off Trump, Netenyahu, Orbin, Putin, et al who’ve only got in common that they are of the Right, and that friendship with such leaders would be good for the UK, rather than Bad for it.
If our government wants to make enemies - then let’s start with Saudi Arabia, since they fund that damnable so-called “Religion” and run it like a business, with their holy sites, etc.

If it’s wrong for Saddam Hussein to gas a village full of people, and we respond by killing a million plus innocents in that same country - then how about a Regime Change war vs anywhere that has Militant Islam running it? Left Wing version like Turkey/Iran or Right Wing like Saudi Arabia - I care not.

Islam is our enemy - not “Right Wing Leaders” of nuclear powers! :imp:

I disagree. It is “right wing leaders” that have created the very problem with Islamic fundamentalism - often by supporting it militarily, as the US did with Osama Bin Laden.

Rjan:
have you forgotten that nearly half of the country voted Remain? I say that simply to remind you not to get carried away. There are many, like me, who support Corbyn’s Brexit strategy, but are vehemently opposed to a right-wing Brexit and wouldn’t for a second stand for a party espousing yours or Carryfast’s views on the subject.

I would look at it the other way, the EU will be free from being lumbered with US/Israeli aggression. Remember, the 1973 oil crisis that Carryfast harps on about, was at its root due to UK support for Israel. It was attributed to Wilson in the 60s that the UK was kept out of the Vietnam war, which became an American-led quagmire just as Afghanistan and Iraq have.

You seem to forget that nearly half isn’t as much as more than half.The fact that all too obvious Remainers like you and Starmer form Corbyn’s supposed idea of so called ‘Brexit’,by definition means Remain not Brexit at all.Don’t you think that the more than half will be more ‘vehement’ than your bunch of treacherous remainer losers in that regard.Let me guess now you’ll say that the Leave vote wasn’t voting for Leave at all they actually wanted to remain which is basically your and Starmer’s position.While it’s clear that your bs ‘left wing Brexit’ is actually just a Socialist remainer plot to infiltrate and hijack the Leave process to create the Remain result that the Remainers couldn’t get democratically.Nothing new there in the Socialist MO.

As for your anti Israeli rant.You’re just showing your true typically anti semitic Socialist colours to add to your ideologically Soviet Socialist ones.In trying to re write history to show that it was Israel that was the aggressor in 1973 and not the scum bag Arabs and their commy backers.While you’d have obviously happily stood by while your preferred Arab rabble invaded Israel and then slaughtered the population which it had pledged to do since 1947 if not before.Anti Semitism together with an opposing weird predisposition and liking for the ethnic Arabic groups historically being ideologically linked with Socialism.Nothing new there whether it was Stalin,Breshnev,Hitler or the piece of zb Livingstone.

As for the Vietnam War,like the Korean War,it was always going to be a pointless exercise unless the US and its allies were willing to also take on China.By which point the Globalists already saw more of an opportunity in taking advantage of the exploitative Communist system.Rather than bothering to fight with it any further.On that note you seem to have conveniently forgotten that Heath’s Con administration also obviously chose not to join the Australians in Vietnam either.With good reason as Nixon’s and then Reagan’s grovelling sell out to the Chinese proved.Both being an insult to all those who lost their lives fighting against the Chinese backed VC aggressors.No surprise Socialism again supporting the aggressor then re writing history with Socialist propaganda to make it all our fault just like in the case of the Arab Israeli wars.

As for Remainers let’s get this right.They want a pro radical Saudi Wahabbist and a pro,or sometimes anti,Iranian revolutionary and pro Turkish opportunist Islamic and anti moderate Alawite Assad,anti Israeli,anti US,anti perceived Russian Nationalist,pro Chinese ( who actually support Russia ) foreign policy.Or have I missed something.

Carryfast:
You seem to forget that nearly half isn’t as much as more than half.

But you’re missing my point in its context, which is Winseer saying that the public will “never again” vote for a Remain party. I simply say, don’t get carried away in hubris.

The fact that all too obvious Remainers like you and Starmer form Corbyn’s supposed idea of so called ‘Brexit’,by definition means Remain not Brexit at all.

You’re quite right that it does not mean your vision of Brexit. It is an anti-neoliberal agenda, based on clamping down on undercutting.

Don’t you think that the more than half will be more ‘vehement’ than your bunch of treacherous remainer losers in that regard.

Who is being “treacherous”? I’m not wringing my hands over the referendum result.

Let me guess now you’ll say that the Leave vote wasn’t voting for Leave at all they actually wanted to remain which is basically your and Starmer’s position.While it’s clear that your bs ‘left wing Brexit’ is actually just a Socialist remainer plot to infiltrate and hijack the Leave process to create the Remain result that the Remainers couldn’t get democratically.Nothing new there in the Socialist MO.

You’re quite right, Labour is there to “hijack” the mendacious right-wing Brexit driven by the loons in the Tory party, deprive it of its support, and instead give an outlet to ordinary people who simply want an end, for example, to the bosses’ use of migrants to undercut pay and conditions (which does, incidentally, involve leaving the single market).

As for your anti Israeli rant.You’re just showing your true typically anti semitic Socialist colours to add to your ideologically Soviet Socialist ones.

So is being critical of Israeli politcs now “anti-semitic”?

In trying to re write history to show that it was Israel that was the aggressor in 1973 and not the scum bag Arabs and their commy backers.

I didn’t say Israel was the aggressor in 1973. I countered Winseer’s suggestion that being unyoked from American foreign policy would be a bad thing, because it has simply been one disaster after another.

While you’d have obviously happily stood by while your preferred Arab rabble invaded Israel and then slaughtered the population which it had pledged to do since 1947 if not before.Anti Semitism together with an opposing weird predisposition and liking for the ethnic Arabic groups historically being ideologically linked with Socialism.Nothing new there whether it was Stalin,Breshnev,Hitler or the piece of zb Livingstone.

The nub of the problem in Israel is that it is the Israelis who have consistently invaded, expanded, and expropriated against international law. All attempts at controlling their more extreme political elements have been vetoed by the US. The mess with Iran at the moment is yet another example.

And I thought as a “nationalist” you preferred to keep out of international matters, and let other nations do what they do?

As for the Vietnam War,like the Korean War,it was always going to be a pointless exercise unless the US and its allies were willing to also take on China.

It’s a pointless exercise because it’s pure capitalist aggression against the ideology of other (perfectly successful) nations, nothing to do with helping ordinary people in those places.

As for Remainers let’s get this right.They want a pro radical Saudi Wahabbist and a pro,or sometimes anti,Iranian revolutionary and pro Turkish opportunist Islamic and anti moderate Alawite Assad,anti Israeli,anti US,anti perceived Russian Nationalist,pro Chinese ( who actually support Russia ) foreign policy.Or have I missed something.

On the contrary, I’m not supporting arms sales to Saudi Arabia. On Syria we have, over the arc of the civil war, both supported and bombed both sides. On Israel, it needs a firm hand to bring peace, not indulgence and unqualified bankrolling. And I’m not anti-US, I’m simply anti-neoliberal. As for Russia and China, they are in general stable, modern, progressive regimes whose excesses we are more than capable of controlling and whose authoritarian and illiberal elements we are more than capable of bettering.

Rjan:
But you’re missing my point in its context, which is Winseer saying that the public will “never again” vote for a Remain party. I simply say, don’t get carried away in hubris.

You’re quite right that it does not mean your vision of Brexit. It is an anti-neoliberal agenda, based on clamping down on undercutting.

Who is being “treacherous”? I’m not wringing my hands over the referendum result.

You’re quite right, Labour is there to “hijack” the mendacious right-wing Brexit driven by the loons in the Tory party, deprive it of its support, and instead give an outlet to ordinary people who simply want an end, for example, to the bosses’ use of migrants to undercut pay and conditions (which does, incidentally, involve leaving the single market).

So is being critical of Israeli politcs now “anti-semitic”?

I didn’t say Israel was the aggressor in 1973. I countered Winseer’s suggestion that being unyoked from American foreign policy would be a bad thing, because it has simply been one disaster after another.

The nub of the problem in Israel is that it is the Israelis who have consistently invaded, expanded, and expropriated against international law. All attempts at controlling their more extreme political elements have been vetoed by the US. The mess with Iran at the moment is yet another example.

And I thought as a “nationalist” you preferred to keep out of international matters, and let other nations do what they do?

It’s a pointless exercise because it’s pure capitalist aggression against the ideology of other (perfectly successful) nations, nothing to do with helping ordinary people in those places.

On the contrary, I’m not supporting arms sales to Saudi Arabia. On Syria we have, over the arc of the civil war, both supported and bombed both sides. On Israel, it needs a firm hand to bring peace, not indulgence and unqualified bankrolling. And I’m not anti-US, I’m simply anti-neoliberal. As for Russia and China, they are in general stable, modern, progressive regimes whose excesses we are more than capable of controlling and whose authoritarian and illiberal elements we are more than capable of bettering.

Ironically,as I’ve said,I think that Winseer has naively way under estimated the strength of the Remain agenda.Especially with the Leave vote spread out across Constituency boundaries.With the Remain vote being stronger than Leave when counted under the flawed UK electoral system based as it is on concentration of votes.Rather than the aggregate in the case of the referendum and ironically the MEP PR voting system.

Assuming that you supposedly don’t want ‘my’ idea of Brexit ( Leave means Leave ) then how are you supposedly going to deliver your supposed anti undercutting agenda.When the fact is the there can’t possibly be any difference between Mogg’s or Farage’s or any other version of the definition of Leave.The only difference,as Winseer rightly says,is what we do ‘after’ the full return of sovereignty.IE Benn,Shore,Powell and now Hoey and seemingly Mogg are all agreed on the issue of ‘sovereignty’.While your lot are clearly deliberately trying to confuse the issue of what we ‘do’ with the that sovereignty ‘after’ we’ve got it,with watering down that sovereignty and with it the definition of Leave,using the diversionary red herring of so called left v so called right Brexit.IE you’re clearly all about Remain in all but name not a Bennite v Moggite Brexit after the fact.As would be expected of ideological Remainers pretending to be for ‘Brexit’.The idea that you’re supposedly against any ‘Customs Union’ being no more believable as part of that.Bearing in mind that keeping that part of our EU membership alive is clearly a part of the Remainers agenda including Starmer’s as being their life line to keeping that Remain dream alive.The fact is Socialists can’t/won’t do Brexit because they are ideologically opposed to what can only be the ideologically Nationalist position of secession.Which is why you voted Remain not Leave and no reason to think that you ( or Starmer ) could or would ever possibly change your position in that regard.Which is why it’s Starmer and not Hoey running the show.

As for Israel it’s ‘because’ I’m a Nationalist that I support Israel’s right to exist including it’s right to defend itself.With the establishment of buffers like the Golan etc,to defend itself against historic Arab aggression,being part of that right to defence.

As for the motives of China there’s no way that they need their current amount of military spending and hardware just to defend themselves.That’s clearly an offensive capability with the implications of that,combined with a country which can’t feed its unsustanable levels of over population,being obvious.

While the EU is clearly running a pro Saudi policy including deliberately flooding Europe with Wahabbist colonisation.Let alone the cluster zb of its other contradictory anti Assad,pro Iran,anti Russia,foreign policies.Not that Israel or the US or Assad or Russia are immune from such zb wittery in that regard,in the contradiction between them seeing any common ground between Alawite Syria v Islamic Revolutionary Iran.Or Israeli/US pro Erdogan,pro Saudi,anti Alawite,anti Iran policy. :confused: :unamused: When the simplest explanation,that radical Islam is playing off Assad and Russia v the US etc while China is more of a threat to us now than it was between 1945-70,is probably the best.

Carryfast:

Rjan:

Winseer:
The best solutions to all this - would be the simplest ones. “Turn the clock back” if no one can come up with a better idea.
Whatever solution might eventually dawn on our useless politicians - it’ll still be ■■■■■■■ millions of people off, either way.

Best then, we put back the original ■■■■-off then.

Bring back the Hard Border, and if need be - tear up the Good Friday Agreement.

If we cannot move forward to leave the EU, then let us at least slam into reverse - and back out. :bulb:

At present, the Lords have now told May we cannot leave the EU with “No Deal” which means all the EU have to do to scupper Brexit - is never offer us a deal. :imp: :angry:

But where’s your democratic mandate for tearing up the Good Friday Agreement and going back to war? And don’t bother to argue that the British people voted for that in the referendum - the people of NI certainly didn’t. The implication of the referendum result is just as consistent with ceding “special status” and having a border in the Irish Sea, but in truth people simply hadn’t considered the issue beforehand.

As a Loyalist Protestant married to a Catholic of Irish ancestory - I don’t recall ever being asked if I bloody well WANTED a “Good Friday Agreement” in the first place, that amounted to a surrender to the IRA and their demands. Tearing up that good friday agreement right now - would represent no better or worse than what Trump has just done with the Iranian treaty.
I’d applaud any politician with the balls to do such a think, just as in time - Trump’s move to take the tide out on this damnable EU/Liberal/Lefty/Islam pact - will one day go down in HIstory as a “great moment”. Yup, the more they push at us formerly moderate rights - the more to the Right we’ll retreat to! :angry:

It was never considered because the so called ‘border’ that you’re referring to ‘already’ exists on both sides of the Irish sea and the Irish land border for ‘non CTA status’ traffic just as it will exist after Brexit.With the border in question actually being strengthened as an EU member state.But you already know that.
The headache of Brexit is that NI unexpectedly voted Remain at the local level, which should mean nothing, since NI is still part of the UK - but everyone on both sides has seized upon to mean that “NI is now the logjam to stop Brexit”. Nope. Just tear up the Good Friday agreement, put the hard border back, and if the EU want to have nothing more to do aith ANY of the constituent parts of the UK - then leave them to their alliance with all those others on the long-term wrong side of history.

express.co.uk/news/uk/267834 … r-migrants

While you and your liar remainer cronies are effectively saying that the Good Friday agreement was effectively dependent on the UK staying within the EU or the EEA and that non EU membership by either Eire or UK also means an iron curtain at the Irish border by default.Exactly where is that written within any of the relevant treaties ?.

The party that completes Brexit to the Brexiteer’s satisfaction - will enjoy a long honeymoon period in office with a thumping majority in the 2022 election.

Thing is, that will NOT be the Conservatives - should they fail to get Brexit done by then at the latest.

It’s time the Left Remainers woke up to the simple fact that the Magic Money Tree is theirs for the taking - but being in opposition as they are, they feel they need to scupper the Tories completing Brexit, to deny them this honeymoon period.

Fair enough. Trouble is, if you shout against Brexit long enough, despite being a 40 year plus Eurosceptic - people rightfully wonder “Who’s side is this Corbyn guy really on?”

If you lefties keep coming up with the same old propaganda, then I guess after a while you start to believe it yourselves. It doesn’t mean anyone not “hard-of-thinking” can’t make head nor tail of it though.

Stalling Brexit to try and bring down the Tories - is totally unecessary - since who’s gonna vote Labour if Brexit isn’t completed by the next election?
If Labour are going to complete Brexit - then their plan on how they will achieve this “miracle” - needs to be laid out NOW, so the opposition can truly be called a government in waiting.

It’s fair to say that a lot of UKIP voters from 2015 - went over to Corbyn’s Labour at the election last year.
This shocked a lot of people - that UKIP could “Lend their vote” over like this. Perhaps the perception was “It’s a safe protest vote”, since Corbyn was odds-on to lose 50-100 seats. That he ended up gaining seats, getting 40% of the poll - and STILL not winning - comes down to the same mathematics that allowed Macron’s people across the channel to categorically state that “Le Pen is guaranteed to win the first round, and guaranteed to lose the second”. The critical mass was in too early, and the divisive nature of what “Voting Right” represents in France - is turned on it’s head compared to this country, where it’s seen as the wise old that are the idiots, and the unwise (left-wing-brainwashed) young in our education establishments - that are against stuff for WHAT reason was it? They believe some lies once put out as propaganda, but now believed as Canon Law.

FFS. Stop listening to people, and start making observations of your own instead.

That people like me fear a Civil War, but wouldn’t shy away from a war vs the EU as a political entity - should be taken just a little more seriously, lest one ends up leading to the other.

“Tell old Pharaoh - Let my people go!”

The EU cannot succeed without the support of the Right. That they’ve already made the Right their enemy - just prevents them from gaining critical mass in their polls any longer. The pendulum has swung to it’s greatest extent, and it’s backswing will take out everyone who tries to catch this “falling knife”.

The NHS continues to get worse. That meants whatever is “done and dusted” already - clearly isn’t going to be saving the NHS.
Either we stop, right in the middle of the flames, or we keep on walking.
It’s the Remainers who are stuck in the past. The recent past that is.
Fancy believing that we cannot turn the clock back to Hard Borders, Customs checks, Different Currencies, and NO EU ruling it all!

What’s it for? What does it achieve for those very people who’s cash is relied upon?

A vote is only one person’s voice. ■■■■ off an entire majority though, no matter how small - and we then face the choices of either more civil strife, leading to Civil War - OR we all admit that the EU as a “Great Experiment” is OVER. There just are not enough wealthy people paying in compared to the entitled that keep on taking out.
We’ve had decades of opporunity to get “Tax Reform” done - but in the new Post-Truth information age - we’re fast approaching the day when “Taxation” itself - is no longer enforceable.

“Civil Disobedience” will always be more effective when done by those that can and do.

The Left don’t have a plan beyond “Get Elected.”.
The Right’s plan beyond being elected isn’t much better it seems. Is it more than just “Prevent the Left getting in”? They could do that easily by getting things done, including some Left flagship policies. That they don’t, exposes that they don’t have much of a plan either of course. The Centerists have tried to appeal to those disillushioned by both sides, but after a while - even former centerists like me woke up - and realize we’d been had by shifty politican’s lies on all sides - ALL ALONG. I’ll judge in future, by what I see getting done. NOT by the Rhethoric, which seems to go on and on rather too long, considering it’s a crock of ■■■■■ on both sides all too often. :frowning:

Orwell Quotes2.jpg

Winseer:
As a Loyalist Protestant married to a Catholic of Irish ancestory - I don’t recall ever being asked if I bloody well WANTED a “Good Friday Agreement” in the first place, that amounted to a surrender to the IRA and their demands. Tearing up that good friday agreement right now - would represent no better or worse than what Trump has just done with the Iranian treaty.
I’d applaud any politician with the balls to do such a think, just as in time - Trump’s move to take the tide out on this damnable EU/Liberal/Lefty/Islam pact - will one day go down in HIstory as a “great moment”. Yup, the more they push at us formerly moderate rights - the more to the Right we’ll retreat to! [/colo

The Irish question is a contradiction from the point of the Irish civil war in which so called Nationalists couldn’t get their heads around the idea that the right to self determination works both ways.To Sinn Fein’s naive support for Remain, based on the non existent,but what would be the correct,idea of a Confederal,as opposed to a Federal,Europe.Although to be fair until now I didn’t realise that they were actually standing for a Confederal Europe which would be a game changer regarding my own Leave vote too.Which explains what I’d wrongly thought was a contradiction in their position between Irish Nationalism v EU rule.:open_mouth: :confused:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinn_Fein#EU

However without that possibility then surely their position can only be Leave.On that note I’d guess that the Northern Irish Remain vote is irrelevant and void being based on a misrepresentation as to what it was actually voting for.IE an EU that doesn’t and never will exist.So there we have it a large part of the NI Remain vote is based on a contradiction regarding what it was actually voting for.That being a Confederation of Sovereign Nation states not a Federation of subservient non sovereign states.

On that note the Leave side would do a lot better in honouring the Good Friday agreement.While also explaining to the Sinn Fein vote that without the possibility of a Confederal Europe its Remain position contradicts its own Party line and ideological position.IE Remain is mutually exclusive with Sinn’s Fein’s goals.While Leave in the form of hard Brexit certainly isn’t mutually exclusive with the ongoing good faith of the Good Friday agreement.

Unless that is Sinn Fein is actually just another Socialist rabble masquerading as Nationalists like the SNP.Which would explain the lie of a Party that says one thing in its mission statement.While standing for the exact opposite in the form of selling out Irish Nationalism to the EUSSR and who’s idea of a Confederal Europe actually means a Federal Socialist Europe.In which case what if any supposed ‘sovereign’ European state citizen doesn’t want to follow Sinn Fein’s bs climate change and pro immigration line.Or whose idea of Nationalism means the right of Israel to exist and defend itself,or the right of the Loyalist Community in NI to not have to be absorbed into Eire but wants to remain part of the UK.Or for that matter how does the idea of ‘a Minister for Europe’ fit the idea of National sovereignty ?.If it looks and sounds and flies like a lying Socialist duck then it’s a duck.

Carryfast:
On that note I’d guess that the Northern Irish Remain vote is irrelevant and void being based on a misrepresentation as to what it was actually voting for.

So, do you think that a vote won because of a misrepresentation, or lie is not a valid vote?
I admire the principle, but in the real world, that means very little, sad to say. How many politicians would survive long if their votes were withdrawn when the lies and false promises were discovered?

Franglais:

Carryfast:
On that note I’d guess that the Northern Irish Remain vote is irrelevant and void being based on a misrepresentation as to what it was actually voting for.

So, do you think that a vote won because of a misrepresentation, or lie is not a valid vote?
I admire the principle, but in the real world, that means very little, sad to say. How many politicians would survive long if their votes were withdrawn when the lies and false promises were discovered?

In this case it’s a clearly stated contradiction on the one hand ( rightly ) saying that they want a Confederal Europe made up of ‘independently’ governed ‘sovereign’ states.While on the other saying that they want ‘a’ ‘minister’ for Europe running the show and we ‘must’ all tow Sinn Fein’s,typically Socialist,global warmist,pro immigration line.Which makes a mockery of the idea of ‘sovereignty’ and independence and each state doing its own thing.Let alone the idea of Ireland for the Irish when they want to join Merkel in flooding the place with an Islamic demographic to take the place over from the Brit Loyalist one.IE these muppets are obviously all about pushing European Socialism and Blairite globalism not Irish Nationalism.That’s the fault of their vote base being obvious Socialists masquerading as Nationalists when it suits them.Not anything to do with any actual lies being told.

When the expected line of any Nationalist Party and vote worth its salt would be Sinn Fein standing on both sides of the border for ‘both’ Irexit ‘and’ Brexit and maintaining the Good Friday agreement as part of that.

At least until such time as Europe sees sense in going for a Confederal Europe and in which national sovereignty means and does what it says.

Carryfast:
In this case it’s a clearly stated contradiction on the one hand ( rightly ) saying that they want a Confederal Europe made up of ‘independently’ governed ‘sovereign’ states.While on the other saying that they want ‘a’ ‘minister’ for Europe running the show and we ‘must’ all tow Sinn Fein’s,typically Socialist,global warmist,pro immigration line.Which makes a mockery of the idea of ‘sovereignty’ and independence and each state doing its own thing.Let alone the idea of Ireland for the Irish when they want to join Merkel in flooding the place with an Islamic demographic to take the place over from the Brit Loyalist one.IE these muppets are obviously all about pushing European Socialism and Blairite globalism not Irish Nationalism.That’s the fault of their vote base being obvious Socialists masquerading as Nationalists when it suits them.Not anything to do with any actual lies being told.

I would put the issue this way. Most of Sinn Fein’s support is not driven by any true “nationalist” agenda, but by resistance to Tory rule at Westminster and the right-wing Unionists generally, and a series of grievances (both recent and ancient) against the British state.

It’s the same with the SNP - they are wildly popular in Scotland and have thrown up some of the best politicians of the current generation, and yet when it came down to it their “nationalist” agenda was beaten comfortably in the Scottish independence referendum, and so too Scotland voted decisively to Remain in the EU referendum (their party ambition nowadays seems to be becoming an independent member state of the EU).

When the SNP was a centre-right nationalist party, it struggled to gain traction (it’s previous high-point in October 1974 was mostly at the expense of the Tories) but now that it has established a track record as a centre-left party, voters have said yes please to its left wing agenda whilst leaving the nationalist family heirloom firmly on the shelf. The fundamental source of it’s broader “nationalist” appeal today is opposition to the Tories at Westminster, nothing more than that. Until Corbyn was elected, the SNP was clearly to the left of Scottish Labour, and their landslide in 2015 was clearly at the expense of the vestiges of New Labour.

When the expected line of any Nationalist Party and vote worth its salt would be Sinn Fein standing on both sides of the border for ‘both’ Irexit ‘and’ Brexit and maintaining the Good Friday agreement as part of that.

Indeed, and yet once upon a time Sinn Fein was clearly in favour of Irish reunification (this seems to be downplayed nowadays). The obvious implication is that they are not a nationalist party. They are simply a left-wing, anti-Tory party.

At least until such time as Europe sees sense in going for a Confederal Europe and in which national sovereignty means and does what it says.

The EU more or less is a confederation, with the mere ambition to be a union.

Rjan:
I would put the issue this way. Most of Sinn Fein’s support is not driven by any true “nationalist” agenda, but by resistance to Tory rule at Westminster and the right-wing Unionists generally, and a series of grievances (both recent and ancient) against the British state.

It’s the same with the SNP - they are wildly popular in Scotland and have thrown up some of the best politicians of the current generation, and yet when it came down to it their “nationalist” agenda was beaten comfortably in the Scottish independence referendum, and so too Scotland voted decisively to Remain in the EU referendum (their party ambition nowadays seems to be becoming an independent member state of the EU).

When the SNP was a centre-right nationalist party, it struggled to gain traction (it’s previous high-point in October 1974 was mostly at the expense of the Tories) but now that it has established a track record as a centre-left party, voters have said yes please to its left wing agenda whilst leaving the nationalist family heirloom firmly on the shelf. The fundamental source of it’s broader “nationalist” appeal today is opposition to the Tories at Westminster, nothing more than that. Until Corbyn was elected, the SNP was clearly to the left of Scottish Labour, and their landslide in 2015 was clearly at the expense of the vestiges of New Labour.

Indeed, and yet once upon a time Sinn Fein was clearly in favour of Irish reunification (this seems to be downplayed nowadays). The obvious implication is that they are not a nationalist party. They are simply a left-wing, anti-Tory party.

The EU more or less is a confederation, with the mere ambition to be a union.

Which can only be confirmation what I’ve said a Socialist Party masquerading as Nationalists.When what they really mean is that they only recognise democracy that is to the advantage of Socialism and hide under the banner of Nationalism and National sovereignty and secession when it suits them to remove themselves from any agenda that they percieve as going against Socialism.While expecting everyone else to kow tow to any type of perceived Socialist majority which they can gerrymander by selectively imposing foreign Federal rule on the country when it suits them and then taking advantage of secession when it doesn’t.

As for a ‘Confederation’ of independent Sovereign states,which Sinn Fein are ‘claiming’ that they stand for ( Conditional or Contra take your pick Federation meaning the right to agree to disagree in the form of national state sovereignty and by definition the sovereign right of opt out or substitution over decision making within the Federation ) no that is totally different to the unconditional ‘Union’ of subservient non sovereign states,subject to Commissioner ( Politburo ) and QMV cross state rule which is the definition of a Federation and what we’ve got in the case of the EU and what Sinn Fein like every other Remainer is ‘actually’ knowingly supporting.To the point where ‘they’ are willing to lie about what they actually stand for if they think that it will further their ultimate goal of a Socialist EU that actually rules us all,rather than a Nationalist Ireland.On that note no thanks as a Nationalist both English and Irish I view the Soviet Union,or the obvious plan for an EUSSR,as being even worse than Lloyd George’s/Churchill’s or Thatcher’s UK.

i.pinimg.com/originals/f4/ab/98 … a9220d.jpg

Franglais:

Carryfast:

BOTH sides mis-represented stories in the run-up to the referendum. By far the most of the “bogus” elements - came from the Remain ESTABLISHMENT however, which quite frankly - I’m amazed Leave managed to hold onto the 52% poll at against such headwinds of the Media and Government establishment pushing their brand of misleading the public over what must have sounded like “a voice crying in the wilderness” of Vote Leave’s efforts.

Whilst the Remainers like to bang on about the £350m on the side of the bus being a “lie”, we also got told that Farage’s “Breaking Point” poster was “wrong” (Was it?) and Cameron, would respect and implement what he decided… Making the actual declaration on the ballot paper itself a “lie”. He not only “didn’t do the deed” - He didn’t impress on anyone else in the conservative party to do it either! Theresa May might as well have declared “Because we lost seats in the election, we’d decided to not implement the results. Those Tories who’ve been voted out can re-take their seats in the commons, and those newbie elects that thought they would be sitting down on the green benches for the first time - can just go quietly into the night.”

The trouble with “Democracy” is that Mobile technology combined with the Internet - has given everyone a voice that can afford either or both access points to the media, aka “Social” media in particular.

We’ve all got different ways of thinking, different skill sets, differing opinions, and different beliefs - BUT we all use the same MONEY.

The Referendum result should have been about MONEY first and foremost.

By the start of business Monday 27th June, we should across that weekend - stopped the payments to Brussels, and honoured any payments owed for goods in transit, whilst at the same time expecting a reciprocal arrangement from Brussels. I.e. they stopped the rebates, and honoured payments for their goods in transit to us.

THIS would have been a smooth “Transitionary” arrangement to “keep on paying for the GOODS AND SERVICES ONLY” rather than “Paying the club membership monies” as it were.

I’m sure even the most avid gambler among you would baulk at the chance to “Pay £10 to enter Ladbrokes, and claim your free £5 bet at the counter. Wow Wee!”
If we cannot enter Ladbrokes for Free - we don’t want your stinking £5 ■■■■■■■■■ bet - thanks very much!
(For those that don’t gamble, any “Free Bet” usually has to be bet on something that you either won’t likely win on, like “The winner of the Grand National” OR the “free bet” is taken off the winning return - thus if you bet on a long-odds-on favourite, you might get to collect a few pence from the cashier - as your total return on that free bet.

It ain’t worth it even as a “Freestyle” bet of course. Paying £10 for a £5 voucher■■?

That’s what paying money to Brussels to be the member of a trading club that we actually lose money on already - does for the UK.

If these payments were halted, then the trade would have continued on autopilot in reality, because Remainers wouldn’t want to stop their access, whilst even the most ■■■■■■■■ Brexiteers - wouldn’t object to “full access continuing” - providing the UK ceases paying for it via the Brussels contributions any more!

This notion that “We must pay, and continue to pay” is the sort of deal we would have expected from Hitler, had he successfully invaded in 1940.
The Jews might like to dress up the ■■■■ Menace as being all about them, but in actual fact they lost 6m to the Slav (read: Eastern European) losses being around 10 times that number.
Hitler, more than anything else - wanted to get rid of those who blocked him politically. If the same thing were to happen in this country as in Germany, then the modern equivalent today would be Asian business leaders, shopkeepers, and local pillars of the community taking the modern place of the 1940’s Jews, and “Resisting Taxpayers” taking the place of the Slavs from 1940. This notion that Hitler was “Right” rather than “Hard Left” has been pushed way into the background, as is the simple fact that the Jews were NOT the ■■■■’s “Main Victims”.
If we don’t learn from the history - we will be repeating it in this country, but with Right Wingers being the Victims trying to resist the encroachment of “Robber Baron” Liberal Socialism, which is nothing like Proper socialism, in that those running the show - are not being taxed to death by their own warped system!

What do Right Wingers want? - Value for the money they spend, mostly via taxes.
What do Left Wingers want? - TO destroy the Right, and everything they stand for.

Which one is Hitler most like?

There’s no “Right Wing Hostility” in "Not wanting to pay higher taxes so Joe Lazy Barsteward can get more benefits/faster track access to NHS treatment/free prescriptions/free council tax/free accommodation, and even the ability to go on holiday at the drop of a hat, because one doesn’t have to worry about being told “No” when you submit a holiday form.

What was the main think “Remainers” got out of their side of the argument?

“System working well. I’m alright jack, and I don’t care that 52% of people who vote don’t care for what I think rocks, because their pain is my joy.”

Any “Hostility” is entirely from the Left To the Right, using the traitor center as a lightening rod. :angry:

Proper “Conservatism” has almost become an underground movement these days.
The “Conservative Party” have shyed away from National issues, shyed away from Financial Prudence, Shyed away from Taxpayer Concerns, and even shyed away from aiming at a more equal society. (Positive Discriminiation - merely puts the boot on the other foot.)

socialism-vs-capitalism.jpg

Proper “Conservative” Law and Order would chuck you in jail for commiting a crime be it White on Black, Black on Asian, Asian on Hispanic, or Hispanic on White. You don’t get thrown into jail faster because you’re white, or totally ignored in your crime because you’re not… But that’s exactly what we’ve now become. “Chip-On Shoulder” Ethnics always demanding their pound of flesh out of us whities. It’s like treading on eggshells for us white workers these days! You can get fired for saying something politically incorrect to even others of your own rank in the workplace!

We Rights need to stop letting the centerists set us up against the Lefts of course.

If you combined “Race” issues with “Idealogy” - you end up with this absurd scenario…

White on Black.jpg

“I am Black - on the Right side.”

Carryfast:
Which can only be confirmation what I’ve said a Socialist Party masquerading as Nationalists.

But you make it sound so underhand, when really the voters well-understand the the nature of these parties. Both the SNP and Sinn Fein have undergone evolution over their lifetimes, but as I say the defining feature of their supporters is not an ideology of nationalism (in any sense you understand it), but as mere anti-Westminster parties. Plaid Cymru is the same. They are all antibodies to what has been the predominantly right-wing politics of England, and their shared cultural heritage has allowed that resistance to crystallise around supposedly nationalist parties, but the “nationalism” doesn’t really go much deeper than that.

With the possible exception of Sinn Fein, it is probably going too far to say they are “socialist” parties, but there is a tinge of “socialism in one country” to all of them - their demands for home rule and devolved powers is mainly so that they can implement a more left-wing agenda than that of the Tory-dominated British government, and to provide political structures and a platform to fight back against the Tories.

When what they really mean is that they only recognise democracy that is to the advantage of Socialism and hide under the banner of Nationalism and National sovereignty and secession when it suits them to remove themselves from any agenda that they percieve as going against Socialism.

You’re on the right track but I don’t think you have it quite right. All of these regional parties contain (or did once contain) fundamentalists who are(/were) hard-line “nationalists”. But they’ve never had substantial electoral support or political prominence on that basis. What they have morphed into is left-wing parties, who rattle the sabre of secession whenever that left-of-Tory agenda is threatened or stymied - not purely as a bluff, but as a genuine threat that they are not going to continue participating in a union governed by the right-wing tendencies of the Home counties (which is really the main rump of Tory support nowadays - left-wing parties have a stonking margin over the Tories in all cities including London, in the North generally, in Wales, in Scotland, and in Northern Ireland).

While expecting everyone else to kow tow to any type of perceived Socialist majority which they can gerrymander by selectively imposing foreign Federal rule on the country when it suits them and then taking advantage of secession when it doesn’t.

The truth is that the country overall is more left-wing than it is right-wing, and like I say when it is broken down geographically, all regions except the “South” of England (basically, the area beneath a line drawn from the Wash to the Severn, excluding London) are decisively left-wing by significant margins.

If there was a system in GB of proportional representation rather than constituencies, Labour and the SNP combined would have outdone the Tories marginally in seats in 2017, then there would be the LibDems with another 8% of seats (and they are generally considered to be to the left of the Tories, even if not by much), and then another 7% of seats would be represented by minor parties that are, on the whole, left-wing splinter parties.

Winseer:
Whilst the Remainers like to bang on about the £350m on the side of the bus being a “lie”, we also got told that Farage’s “Breaking Point” poster was “wrong” (Was it?) and Cameron, would respect and implement what he decided…

If I remember correctly, Farage himself disowned the ÂŁ350m a week claim. There is one thing I will say about Farage is that he could perhaps frequently be accused of misrepresentation by omission, and he certainly associates with crooks and liars, but when put on the spot he is usually frank - he does appear to have that integrity (and of course as a one-man show he is only ever accountable for himself).

By the start of business Monday 27th June, we should across that weekend - stopped the payments to Brussels, and honoured any payments owed for goods in transit, whilst at the same time expecting a reciprocal arrangement from Brussels. I.e. they stopped the rebates, and honoured payments for their goods in transit to us.

THIS would have been a smooth “Transitionary” arrangement to “keep on paying for the GOODS AND SERVICES ONLY” rather than “Paying the club membership monies” as it were.

The problem with that idea is that half the British working class would also have been laid off over the weekend, and the entire Brexit agenda would have sunk to the bottom of the sea immediately as soon as a large number of people lost even a single day’s pay. Even Hitler’s Enabling Act took a couple of months to implement. You really should get out of the habit of thinking that this was a realistic idea - it’s not how a multi-trillion pound economy such as ours can be run, and the more you talk nonsense to yourself the more unreasonable and remote the real world seems.

This notion that “We must pay, and continue to pay” is the sort of deal we would have expected from Hitler, had he successfully invaded in 1940.

The reality is, it took both world superpowers running at full steam, a variety of resistance movements in almost every European nation, plus the British economy on an total war footing that left almost everything utterly worn out by the end of the war and lumbered it with 60 years of war debts, just to bring Hitler to his knees. You’re living in the clouds when you imagine that if Britain defaulted on its (modest and freely-entered-into) obligations for just the next couple of years, that it would be their problem rather than ours.

This notion that Hitler was “Right” rather than “Hard Left” has been pushed way into the background, as is the simple fact that the Jews were NOT the ■■■■’s “Main Victims”.

One of Hitler’s main victims was the “hard left”, and whilst the Jews weren’t his only victims, it is still fair to say that as a group they were one of the main victims - and perhaps unlike socialists who were direct targets of the ■■■■ regime, Jews as a religious group were purely scapegoats (and the main figures in the ■■■■ regime put it on record that this was the case). Even in respect of the stereotype of Jews as international financiers (which was not true even then), the reality is that wealthy Jews were untouched (having had the means and the forewarning to flee or bribe their way out), and it was mainly working class Jews that suffered who could not be considered responsible for anything whatsoever.

There’s no “Right Wing Hostility” in "Not wanting to pay higher taxes so Joe Lazy Barsteward can get more benefits/faster track access to NHS treatment/free prescriptions/free council tax/free accommodation, and even the ability to go on holiday at the drop of a hat, because one doesn’t have to worry about being told “No” when you submit a holiday form.

If you’re against laziness, then you are primarily against shareholders collecting dividends in exchange for idleness, or idle beneficiaries who inherit wealth and family trusts, and you are also primarily for a policy of full employment, both of which are left-wing policies, not right-wing ones. You probably don’t hear about these wealthy idlers however, because you probably don’t reside in the same areas and social circles as they do, and you don’t read the sorts of papers that constantly make an example of them.

You and Carryfast by far have some of the most wild and confused views about what “left” and “right” are in the political context.