I’ve found us the idea job Carryfast!

remy:

You did see the word Carryfast in the thread title no ? :smiley:

Star down under.:
Now you’re being obtuse, nobody could be that thick, surely.

How is stating the unarguable fact,
that a B configured lead trailer and all the resulting compromises which go with it, is what defines a B train, as opposed to an A train connected by dollies,
being obtuse.
So an A train works on the principle of train weights not combination weight.With the exception of, for some reason, replacing a productive rigid prime mover with a waste of space tractor unit which technically makes it a combination either way because a tractor unit bears the pin weight of the lead semi trailer.Unlike a rigid prime mover.

Terry T:

remy:

You did see the word Carryfast in the thread title no ? :smiley:

The fact that we’ve got drivers who can’t under stand the merit of train weight based configurations v combination weight based ones.Or double drive v single.Or even understand the difference.To who the idea of a constant mesh manual box is an alien unmanageable concept and likewise getting anywhere without a sat nav.
Says more about a degenerating industry than me.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:
Yet again I’m left thinking how much time and energy you’ve wasted on thinking about pointless things. Imagine if you had directed your brain in a more productive direction

Why wouldn’t any truck driver find the subject of driving and the merits of the different engineering of, LHVs extremely interesting.

This driver. I go to work to drive what I’m given

So genuine question- as you seem to be saying every country that’s not NZ has got it wrong what do you think the reasons are for getting it wrong? Is it something to do with Bill Gates or the Rothschilds?

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:
Yet again I’m left thinking how much time and energy you’ve wasted on thinking about pointless things. Imagine if you had directed your brain in a more productive direction

Why wouldn’t any truck driver find the subject of driving and the merits of the different engineering of, LHVs extremely interesting.

This driver. I go to work to drive what I’m given

So genuine question- as you seem to be saying every country that’s not NZ has got it wrong what do you think the reasons are for getting it wrong? Is it something to do with Bill Gates or the Rothschilds?

Not unless they’ve invested a fortune and then some in the rail freight industry in the case of Euroland and UK.

Strange that you expressed an interest in LHVs elsewhere and Scandinavia is now showing an interest in the NZ solution.Which would be logical.
Maybe you can provide some reasons why it wouldn’t also be the more practical and profitable one for Europe.
As for Australia where a B train will go an NZ type drawbar will go too.But more efficiently and more profitably.Get the thing in the outback then just put more trailers on it.
It looks like some clever sales person managed to flog them a tractor unit as a rigid by calling it a prime mover and 4 axles is as good as 5 or 6 to the average sheep shearer with an HGV who can’t count.

Let me get this right then.

Some bloke called Geoff who lives in a council flat in Leatherhead (hardly the epicentre for multi trailered vehicles of any configuration Geoff) & has never driven a lorry in anger for nearly 40 years is telling a couple of blokes who are doing this job day in, day out that they’re doing it wrong isn’t he?

Everyone knows he failed in his quest to become anything more than a bin lorry driver as anything more than just driving was dangerous to his health & wellbeing, he might have done a couple of trunk runs between depots but I think we can all assume the same here, his “attitude” probably caused friction & he was promoted “SIDEWAYS”.

A couple of things he does seem to be good at driving is a keyboard & everyone else up the wall.

Roll on another 5 pages of Carryfast’s ramblings once he’s done his research, there’s nowt like a well thumbed through Encyclopedia to get to the facts Ya know. :smiley: :smiley: :frowning: :frowning: :unamused: :unamused:

Carryfast:
Strange that you expressed an interest in LHVs elsewhere and Scandinavia is now showing an interest in the NZ solution.Which would be logical.
Maybe you can provide some reasons why it wouldn’t also be the more practical and profitable one for Europe.

Blimey, that’s quite something even for you, telling me what I am and am not interested in is a bit funny.

intereconomia.com/noticia/empre … 1219-2035/

Not sure if this meets carryfarce approval ?

1970commer:
Let me get this right then.

Some bloke called Geoff who lives in a council flat in Leatherhead (hardly the epicentre for multi trailered vehicles of any configuration Geoff) & has never driven a lorry in anger for nearly 40 years is telling a couple of blokes who are doing this job day in, day out that they’re doing it wrong isn’t he?

Everyone knows he failed in his quest to become anything more than a bin lorry driver as anything more than just driving was dangerous to his health & wellbeing, he might have done a couple of trunk runs between depots but I think we can all assume the same here, his “attitude” probably caused friction & he was promoted “SIDEWAYS”.

A couple of things he does seem to be good at driving is a keyboard & everyone else up the wall.

Roll on another 5 pages of Carryfast’s ramblings once he’s done his research, there’s nowt like a well thumbed through Encyclopedia to get to the facts Ya know. :smiley: :smiley: :frowning: :frowning: :unamused: :unamused:

I guess when you have failed as spectacularly as he did in this industry you have to have something to try and cling on to.

Tubbysboy:
https://intereconomia.com/noticia/empresas/duo-trailer-camion-3175-metros-ha-circulado-primera-vez-espana-20171219-2035/

It’s an A not a B double but shifting 75t+ with one drive axle says it all about Euro thinking.Or for that matter the cost of all that outfit v an NZ type drawbar.

Failed apprentice, failed truck driver failed at life.
Rather than listening and learning, he’s so arrogant that he thinks he is the ultimate authority on everything, nobody could teach him anything. Lacking the ability to complete an apprenticeship imposes no barrier to his promotion that he is comprehensively more knowledgeable than a real engineer, tertiary qualified, degree or higher type qualified engineer.

Rather than performing all the tasks expected of a truck driver, pure bone idleness quickly saw a remarkable failure in that role, at a time when a heartbeat was almost the only required competence. Failing at the first, entry level, hurdle was never going to impede the offering of advice, to highly experienced, professional drivers, purporting to be the consummate expert, that he was assuredly not.

Carryfast, your haughty, egotistical and supercilious attitude has deservedly earned all the vituperative posts, directed at you.

I have no further desire to partake in continued discussion, on this subject, with you; I’m simply not qualified to educate mutton.

Star down under.:
Failed apprentice, failed truck driver failed at life.
Rather than listening and learning, he’s so arrogant that he thinks he is the ultimate authority on everything, nobody could teach him anything. Lacking the ability to complete an apprenticeship imposes no barrier to his promotion that he is comprehensively more knowledgeable than a real engineer, tertiary qualified, degree or higher type qualified engineer.

Rather than performing all the tasks expected of a truck driver, pure bone idleness quickly saw a remarkable failure in that role, at a time when a heartbeat was almost the only required competence. Failing at the first, entry level, hurdle was never going to impede the offering of advice, to highly experienced, professional drivers, purporting to be the consummate expert, that he was assuredly not.

Carryfast, your haughty, egotistical and supercilious attitude has deservedly earned all the vituperative posts, directed at you.

I have no further desire to partake in continued discussion, on this subject, with you; I’m simply not qualified to educate mutton.

Considering that all you have to offer is personal attacks for not agreeing with you and for stating facts like 5 and 6 axles can take more weight than 4. The letters A and B only describe coupling configurations and the latter is compromised by its combination based format as opposed to the train format of the A type configuration.
Two drive axles allow for lower axle weights and more traction for less stress on driveline components.
While you can add the fact that unlike the Spanish A double an NZ type drawbar outfit could actually be reversed without tying itself in knots

Carryfast:

Tubbysboy:
https://intereconomia.com/noticia/empresas/duo-trailer-camion-3175-metros-ha-circulado-primera-vez-espana-20171219-2035/

It’s an A not a B double but shifting 75t+ with one drive axle says it all about Euro thinking.Or for that matter the cost of all that outfit v an NZ type drawbar.

The cost ? 1 double bogie ? And double the load carried? Reckon we can just about manage

Personal attack or statement of fact. Most would see it as the latter. Unfortunately the truth does not cast you in a favourable light.
The opprobrium is of your own doing.

Tubbysboy:

It doesn’t need to meet his approval, but if it did it probably wouldn’t work. It has obvious benefits in Spain, or it would not be approved or operated there.
We would describe it as a Type 1 road train. It would need careful scrutiny loading the front trailer with a maximum axle load of 9 tonne on a single drive.

It’s taken a while but at last, I’ve found a picture of Carryfast when he was actually working - or the next best thing.

[/quote]
Not unless they’ve invested a fortune and then some in the rail freight industry in the case of Euroland and UK.

As for Australia where a B train will go an NZ type drawbar will go too.But more efficiently and more profitably.Get the thing in the outback then just put more trailers on it.
It looks like some clever sales person managed to flog them a tractor unit as a rigid by calling it a prime mover and 4 axles is as good as 5 or 6 to the average sheep shearer with an HGV who can’t count.
[/quote]
I’m not getting involved regarding A and B trains because I genuinely don’t have a clue.
Having driven draw bars for the last 25 yrs, A frame and close coupled, I agree they will go more or less anywhere an artic, and presumably a B train (?) will go. However the downside as far as efficiency goes is having arrived at the depot, the artic can drop the trailer, pick up another and go whereas the drawbar has to wait around for someone to unload it. OK probably not an issue where start and finish points are 1000s of miles apart, but in normal European use an extra 2 or 3 hrs a day soon eats into the earnings.

Star down under.:

Tubbysboy:

It doesn’t need to meet his approval, but if it did it probably wouldn’t work. It has obvious benefits in Spain, or it would not be approved or operated there.
We would describe it as a Type 1 road train. It would need careful scrutiny loading the front trailer with a maximum axle load of 9 tonne on a single drive.

Didn’t want to fan the flames, but as far as I know are generally used for bulky stillages or parcels, several big companies run them. Obviously we are glad leatherhead is 1500 kms from barcelona.

And you’re even safer distance away from the loon

Tubbysboy:

Star down under.:

Tubbysboy:

Didn’t want to fan the flames, but as far as I know are generally used for bulky stillages or parcels, several big companies run them. Obviously we are glad leatherhead is 1500 kms from barcelona.

And you’re even safer distance away from the loon

Or flame the fans. :wink:
BTW, Spain can call them whatever it wants.

We’re not taking sides here, but… the personal stuff has to stop!

If the personal stuff doesn’t stop, the next passing Moderator will simply click the ‘lock’ button.

:bulb: The fate of this topic is now in the hands of those who post to it. :smiley:

BTW, I moved it to Bully’s due to the high nonsense content.