I like the high diesel price

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

Harry Monk:

lancpudn:
According to Commercial Fleet today due to the high diesel prices around a third of haulage companies are at risk of imminent collapse coupled with high wage rises :open_mouth: commercialfleet.org/news/la ā€¦ costs-rise

Iā€™m guessing that if a third of haulage companies do collapse, their customers will still need their goods to be moved and will just have to pay the rates that surviving hauliers charge and/or new players will enter the industry charging higher rates.

Itā€™s a bit of a red herring to blame wage rises for drivers for the situation IMO, wages are still well below the level they would be at had we not had the influx of eastern European drivers in the mid-2000s and resultant wage stagnation. If wages are rising then thatā€™s due to an imbalance in the driver supply and demand equation and higher wages are exactly what is required to even this equation out.

What they are actually confirming is what Iā€™ve always said.They want to use wage reductions to offset extornionate road fuel taxation costs including ā€™ carbon taxesā€™.
The fact is road fuel tax is a tax on driversā€™ wages.The rail unions wouldnā€™t stand for it so why should truck drivers.

Can you imagine the Brouhaha thereā€™s going to be in three years time when new heavy duty vehicles come under the 2025 Euro 7 CO2 emission standards coupled with high diesel prices?
The EU ā€˜Fit for 55ā€™ which encompasses all these emission standards has gone back to the drawing board and is going through the European parliament at this very minute, the verdict is expected within the next few weeks. They want the 55% limit strengthened to 75% :open_mouth: in order for emission limits from HGVā€™s to fall by 4.2 million tonnes by 2050 & end the reliance on Russian oil.

Youā€™ve obviously never stood waiting for a train being choked and eyes stinging from the filthy diesel emissions of numerous diesel trains.
Obviously running on as much cheap untaxed Russian diesel as they want.
While Brent crude which is perfect for making cleaner burning petrol is exported to the highest or lowest bidder.

Build5:

simcor:

ETS:
It should weed out all those racer boys in trucks and the companies who employ them and used to not care about fuel efficiency. Just because you can force the truck to go 0-50mph from one traffic light or roundabout to the next (dist. <1 mi) doesnā€™t mean you should.

Talk about talking drivel, if some one races around in a truck then they donā€™t give 2 hoots about the cost of the fuel going in to it. Secondly the prices most hauliers pay for fuel is way less than the pump price you or I pay. So 0 out of 10 for effort.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Youā€™d think so wouldnā€™t you?

Pop over to the owner driver section and look at the top ā€˜fuel priceā€™ sticky thread.

I can buy fuel cheaper at Asda, Sainsbury and Costco than the cheapest bunkered fuel price which requires buying hundreds of litres up front.

Fuel is the single biggest cost.

Owners will be watching mpg and work very closely going forward.

Asda & Sainsburys around here arent cheaper than our bunkered price, and Costco does`nt really figure as their opening hours are a bit iffy compared to ours, and our local Costco limits your input even if you can get anywhere near it with a trailer on when Abdul & friends are queuing ā€¦

The price I quote over a weekend on that thread can be quite different come Monday morning when certain cards realise they arent going to get any business that week, and Ive never had to purchase any litres upfront to get a decent priceā€¦

I do watch the MPG like a hawk though, as well as the invoices, and everyone involved gets the info weekly of what their truck is doingā€¦

S.M.

I wonder what inpact on costs the ULEZs will have on the cost of transport.

Poloticians (especially from Labour) seem to be licking their lips at the thought of the money they will be making from transport and these that canā€™t afford newer vehicles.

Macski:
I wonder what inpact on costs the ULEZs will have on the cost of transport.

Poloticians (especially from Labour) seem to be licking their lips at the thought of the money they will be making from transport and these that canā€™t afford newer vehicles.

To be fair Liebour donā€™t figure in the new expanded ULEZ itā€™s their LibCon allies running the show.If they werenā€™t for it they would obviously be calling on closet Lib Dem Boris to withdraw from Kahnā€™s Republic and go back to the counties they were stolen from in 1965 by McMillans London Government Act.

Fuzrat:
I dont, Had the diesel fairy visit last night. Luckily I hadnt filled up and only had about 100L in there and was a stones throw from a fuel station. The high prices will make this a lot more common than it already is :imp:

Park at industrial estate and save money.if we park truck 4 night per week at services that cost some 120 per week or 6000 per years.If we park all time at lay by or ind. estate that save all money.If we park just 2 night at services that save 3000 per years.But if criminal theft 2-3 time per years total 500 litre diesel that for comapny cost leess than 1000,saving 2000+.If comapny have 50 tramper that saving 100K.Anyway most driver don t go to shower every night.

Company must introduced fuel bonus for driver.If driver can save diesel that he must get some extra money.But at present time most lazy drivers get money than good driver.lazy drivers sleep every corner as much as possible ,extend shift as much as possible ,drive not economicly but take home more monet than good driver who not extend shift,drive correctly.