I Give Up......!

[q
uote=“Thetaff”]You don’t work in cross hands by any chance do you hexen??
[/quote]
Thetaff…Spot on :laughing:

the las place i was on regular for we all had to wash the vehicles when we got back off a job ( not always refill as there fuel in the yard ) some were clean inside some not so those that were not so clean i carried a small bottle ( was a sample tbh ) of perfume to spray then 1 of them complained so i asked them not to smoke ( this was before the law came in )

then 1 day went to a van that was disgusting inside so went to ask boss for a bin bag to clean out rubbish before i left he did come out to see the state funny never happened again :laughing:

the last place i was on agency was food stuff & they didnt care what the cab was like i did clean it inside the cab also swept the trailer out but as no wash couldnt do outside so had to stay dirty :unamused:

but as said they wernt interested as they didnt provide anything so i took my own in but as was only there for 2 weeks ( as agency ) so dont always blame the agency staff some of us do care

animal:
the las place i was on regular for we all had to wash the vehicles when we got back off a job ( not always refill as there fuel in the yard ) some were clean inside some not so those that were not so clean i carried a small bottle ( was a sample tbh ) of perfume to spray then 1 of them complained so i asked them not to smoke ( this was before the law came in )

then 1 day went to a van that was disgusting inside so went to ask boss for a bin bag to clean out rubbish before i left he did come out to see the state funny never happened again :laughing:

the last place i was on agency was food stuff & they didnt care what the cab was like i did clean it inside the cab also swept the trailer out but as no wash couldnt do outside so had to stay dirty :unamused:

but as said they wernt interested as they didnt provide anything so i took my own in but as was only there for 2 weeks ( as agency ) so dont always blame the agency staff some of us do care

hi animal.I know where you’re coming from.And I don’t blame agency drivers for anything,although at our place they do tend to be the “scapegoats” for everything,from dirty motors to bumps and dings,most of which are done by our own drivers who are to spineless to own up to it.

animal:

You’re absolutely spot on there, I usually end up leaving cabs and “in the back” cleaner / tidier than I found them and hate hearing this agency driver to blame thing (I’m agency too). Nice to see hexen’s not pointing the finger. I’ve never been directly accused of anything yet but over-heard a few things that made my blood boil.

Why wait hex, I’d be looking around now, you never know…

Hexenhammer:
Hello all you professional people on here :wink: A bit of a whinge I’m afraid :open_mouth:
The company I am on for,have no pride whatsoever in their fleet,(tractors and trailers). As we are a food carrying haulier,you’d think they’d at least try,but alas NO! I am sick to the back teeth of starting my shift,only to be confronted with a 59/10 plate unit covered in more 5th wheel grease both inside and out,than what there is on the actual 5th wheel itself(metaphorically speaking).

I have always taken pride in my personal appearance and vehicle,but now I’m fighting a losing battle. It’s costing me £5-6 a week on Flash wipes(other brands are available),air freheners etc,as most of the drivers who have the lorry for the 4 days before I get it,lack even the most basic standards of personal hygiene.

Over the past few weeks the teddy AND dummy have been flung from the pram,as I am sick of having to clean the damned thing before I start.The company don’t give a ■■■■,and are a total waste of space(and they wonder why they struggle to keep the little contracts we have,and can’t get new ones). Before anyone says…“get out then”,as we are all aware jobs are few and far between. Why could I not have found a company that actually take pride in their fleet,and not the dirty,stinking lot I am on for.

That’s better :smiley: needed to get that off my chest. Does anyone elese feel that they are p155ing in the wind,with regards to cleanliness?

P.S I hope everyone is well :smiley:

Thing is hexenhammer it’ll always be the same there, no respect for the drivres, no respect for the kit either. Neil is a business man not a haulage man, not like Mansel Davies or Tommy Williams. And as for contracts, what do you expect with Rob the knob in charge.