I am looking for photo's from the company Frans Maas

Hi Pat,

I dont remember exacle the company Vermeulen. If i have a look off the logo on the door samthing tells me i no it. I look on in my photocollection if i have samting abbout Vermeulen. The name is Dutch.

Regards, Bert Wolters

From me sam photos i take on a trip to Sweden with a bulktrailer.

Unloading G.E. plastic in bulk at Sodertalje.

On the right a DAF 2600 from a Sub contractor from Sweden.

Regards, Bert Wolters

Who nows samthing abbout this sub contractors off Frans Maas U.K.

Volvo F10 - Sub-contractor: Gordon Wright

Volvo F12

Volvo F12

Volvo F12

DAF CF85

Regards, Bert Wolters

Bert I’ve just found this picture of 3 of our last trucks, thanks to the person who put the link up for euro-wheels. I will hunt for our Frans Maas related pictures too!

Hello Sue,

Nice photo from you the old and new Volvo FH12 tractors. Look also one page back you see by Oldtimer Trucker en Volvo from you company. We had in 2004 the fist time also 12 new Volvo FH12 420 tractors. We had than problems with the main office in Venlo. The tractors begame en new house collour. The dark blue became ligth blue. I did sam trips to Danmark and Sweden with a Volvo.
I look forward to see more photos from you.

Volvo FH12 420 tractor. In the new house collours off Frans Maas Groningen.

2005, Standing the nigth over in Karlslunde near Copenhage on the way from Landskrona, Sweden till Groningen.

2007, Juist take over by Steenbergen Trucking with a new DSV trailer.

Regards, Bert Wolters

Bert Wolters:
How nows samthing abbout this sub contractors off Frans Maas U.K.

Volvo F10 - Sub-contractor: Gordon Wright

Volvo F12

Volvo F12

Volvo F12

DAF CF85

Regards, Bert Wolters

the white Volvo FH is John Falk transport, with my friend Tom driving, pulling one of my trailers out of Tilbury. The blue FH is Felgate Bob as we called him, out of Tilbury, an owner driver, still pulling for DSV. The Brantano Daf is from Brownhills, these trucks were looked after by my fleet engineer, DSV still run the trailers, so obviously the contract.

diesel cowboy do remember bannisters from bfd who collected uk groupage out of tilbury pritchards south wales and was it harwood or heywood from bolton■■?

yes to all, Bannisters MAN’s, in blue and yellow, Pritchards old ERF’s from Pontypool, and Heywoods red Volvos.

i uused to drive a rigid e8 at first for banny then an s reg man used load tilbury mon wed fri it was mark and darren who gave us our jobs denzil met him once in tilbury the other hart driver who i mention earlier used to talk to him alot :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I still see Mark and Darren. Darren is running his own transport business, Mark works for Schenkers.

Hello Dieselcowboy and Dreva

Thanks four the info abbout the sub contractors en old memories. Dieselcowboy the blue and yellow Bannisters MAN’s a this tractors in Frans Maas colours? Pritchard old ERF’s and Heywoods Volvos a those Sub contractors? Maybe you have some photos off those trucks? I will pleasd to see them.

Regards, Bert Wolters

On the ferry between Puttgarden and Rodby, Germany-Danmark in 1984. You see the old top spoiler.

In 1985 the tractors of Frans Maas Groningen became a new top spoiler with the world globe on it. In the old colours we had the globe on the doors. Now we had it back on the top spoiler.

DAF 2800 intercooler with a new top spoiler.

DAF 2800 tractors and one Mercedes Benz 1930 tractor, Groningen 1985.

DAF 2800 intercooler

Coffeebreack at Moorburg, driver off the Mercedes Benz Jan-Willem Schepers

Last instraction for the trip. Planner Bert Rijnberg. Driver Oomke van Duinen.

1985 on straike at Nieuweschans on the border between Netherlands and Germany.

Regards, Bert Wolters

Bert Wolters:
Hello Dieselcowboy and Dreva

Thanks four the info abbout the sub contractors en old memories. Dieselcowboy the blue and yellow Bannisters MAN’s a this tractors in Frans Maas colours? Pritchard old ERF’s and Heywoods Volvos a those Sub contractors? Maybe you have some photos off those trucks? I will pleasd to see them.

Regards, Bert Wolters

they weren’t FM trucks, nor proper colours, just similar, they were all sub contractors for FM, and glad to say they are all still in business.

Does anyone remember Brian Perkins, used to pull out of FM Brownhills with a dark blue F89, Then came on for Richard Ford/ Ware Group, had his F89 wrote off between Gent and Ostend. nice bloke

In 1985 i had a accedent on the parkingplaece Hollenstedt on the German autobahn A1 between Hamburg and Bremen. On may way from the ferry at Travemünde to Groningen with a cargo off 22 tons wood.

In collision with a Belgium trailer.

Liddelbit off damage.

Still on the way to get home.

Regards, Bert Wolters

how did you manage that bert■■?

Hi Dreva.

I was driving on the mainlane and the driver from the ader truck on the parkinglane on the left side. Wen i was next to hem by the weels from the trailer he want to go to the parkinglanes on the right. He turnt over and for me was only one way also to go to the right. Wen i stand stil he go’s on and his trailer go’s al the way by m’n tractor. It takes me 3 ouwers to go on. The motorway police ask me. Can you drive? Yes i can. Fist 40-50 km, then 50-60-70 km. Al oke then 90 km to go back home. 4 ouwers later i was at home.

Regards, Bert Wolters

More accedents in 1986.

This truck was on his way from Groningen to Gothenborg in Sweden with dangeres goods (ADR) It’s not alloud to go trhu the tunnel off the river Eems.
He mast go by Bunde on the B75 to Leer. Then he can go on the motor hihway to Bremen. He was 5 km on the B75 wen it happend. The truck go’s to the left get off the road.

How he did it i don’t no.

Bringing the wreck back home. The tractor was totall loss.

Regards, Bert Wolters

Trawling throgh the web i came across these Frans Maas trucks. (2)

M.A.N. diesel

ERF

Volvo FH12

Volvo F12

Scania 142M

M.A.N. diesel

Mercedes Benz

Salut, Oldtimer Trucker

Thanks Oldtimer Trucker, nice photos from the web.
Do you no more off the ERF truck and the Scania 142M tractor? The Africa photo i now. Dit see them before on the web.

Regards, Bert Wolters

From me sam old photos from Frans Maas Venlo. Venlo became also new DAF 2800 intercooler tractors with on the top new top spoilers with the world globe on it.

10 times new DAF 2800 intercooler tractors.

DAF 2800 intercooler

DAF 2800 intercooler

DAF 2800 intercooler

Regards, Bert Wolters

keep them pics and stories coming bert there great :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: