Hoyer group

its not rocket science why would a company have to advertise a 40k job on the side of the motorway definitely not dead mans shoes me thinks.

Been working for Hoyer via an Agency for the past four years, working mainly in the winter months (my choice).
They have been advertising for drivers for some time the wages are good but the shifts are crap and you are expected to work 12 hour night shifts. The shifts times I worked 5am or 5pm starts and most times on the late shifts you are waiting for the day driver to bring the truck back. The Petrolog shifts at West London were a 5 on 4 off arrangement and there were extra shift opportunities. So you could work your max hours if you wanted to.
The training is good and there are a lot of spot checks when your loading in the terminal or delivering to the customer. If you ■■■■ the truck or make a ■■■■ up you are drug & alcohol tested and there are also random drug & Alcohol tests.

The wages are between £16 & £18 per hour for the Agency drivers and I think its about £20 per hour for the full timers plus a couple of bonus plans that I don’t know the details of and they are monthly paid.

Its one of those full on driving jobs and Hoyer want a lot out of you, I didn’t like the job that much but when you consider its £160 for ten hours as a minimum it takes away some of the pain.

Sorry to ramble on but hope it helps anyone thinking about working for Hoyer

otfd:
The wages are between £16 & £18 per hour for the Agency drivers and I think its about £20 per hour for the full timers plus a couple of bonus plans that I don’t know the details of and they are monthly paid.

Thats odd, shouldn’t it be £16-18 full timers, £20 agency…?

Nkh22:
Dazza are you working for them now then?
What site you on mate.?
Been hearing a few horror story’s about them I did put down on the app that can’t do nights so that’s probably done me.!do you know if it’s a 4on4 off jobby.?

No i turned it down,it was on the BP contract working out of thurrock.
Then shift pattern was something like five days on (4am start) two days off five on two off then on to nights (4pm) all about 12 or more hours a day,you don’t get a choice you have to work both days and nights.
Good luck mate

fodentanker:

buster4086:
Think the shifts are:
Mon Tues weds days,
Thurs off,
Fri sat sun Mon nights,
Tuesday weds off
Thurs Fri sat sun days,
Mon off
Tues weds Thurs nights,
Fri sat sun off
then round again Mon Tues weds days etc then ten days off

The shift pattern above is the Hoyer Esso contract.
Hoyer have lots of Tanker contracts and they mostly have different shift patterns.

I know a Hoyer driver from Birmingham, think he’s on BP but not 100% and he said they refer to the Esso contract as the marriage wrecker. Says it all about that shift.

I don’t get all the crazy shift patterns mentioned in this thread. Why not just a straight 4 days on 4 off 4 nights on 4 off repeat with 12 hour shifts. It’s like they go out of their way to make the shifts as awkward as possible.

I think I could stomach 5 on 4 off for £20 an hour though. And 12 hour night shifts wouldn’t bother me as I’m doing that already. Had an application from them through the post last week, might send it in and chance my arm.

Got an interview / driving assessment tomorrow morning. I’ve been driving a shunter for 3 months and I’m bricking it now incase I’ve forgotten how to drive! Any tips on what they’re looking for other than safe driving, not hitting curbs… Ect…

Nkh22:
Hi all,

Anybody have any insite into working for hoyer group on the tankers.?

Thanks in advance

This an old thread that I,m bumping up. Likely to be offered a job on white fleet but not sure whether to take it. I’ve been on general for 26 years and fancied a crack on the fuel.
They will fully train you, including ADR.
shifts are Mon Tues days, Weds Thurs Fri off.
Sat, Sun days Mon Tues off, weds Thurs Fri on. Sat Sun off. Then five nights, weekend off and start again. £18.26 ph, no overtime rates.
Seems all over the place really but with a bit of overtime it will be 40k.
What they like to work for??

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

paulant18:

Nkh22:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance

This an old thread that I,m bumping up. Likely to be offered a job on white fleet but not sure whether to take it. I’ve been on general for 26 years and fancied a crack on the fuel.
They will fully train you, including ADR.
shifts are Mon Tues days, Weds Thurs Fri off.
Sat, Sun days Mon Tues off, weds Thurs Fri on. Sat Sun off. Then five nights, weekend off and start again. £18.26 ph, no overtime rates.
Seems all over the place really but with a bit of overtime it will be 40k.
What they like to work for??

Oh, and it’s monthly pay [emoji31]

Nkh22:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance

I have a phone interview and driving assessment with Hoyer in west London. Anyone know the shift pattern, overtime rate ? it’s £42000 a year and it says 32 hours a week ?

Wg2:

Nkh22:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance

I have a phone interview and driving assessment with Hoyer in west London. Anyone know the shift pattern, overtime rate ? it’s £42000 a year and it says 32 hours a week ?

There are two separate postings of the shift pattern above.

I have very recent experience of working for these albeit not on petrol. The pay is on a productivity scheme not an hourly rate and I can say for certain that you would have to book 68 productivity hours a week to earn 42000 a year.

Again, to reiterate, not on petrol but same company so I would advise caution.

Wg2:

You will not be getting paid £42k for a 32 hour week. Sorry to disappoint you.

The pay has been discussed on here in recent years. I think it was something like £15.50 per hour and the first hour’s overtime after your set hours was not paid.

This was pre driver shortage so the rates may have increased but seeing as I’m now seeing begging signs on trailers sat in fields alongside motorways I’m guessing they haven’t increased it all that much.

If you want your ADR and PDP Hoyer is one of the very few options open to you. Just remember that the job isn’t what it once was, is a dying job anyway with the onset of electric cars and the shifts are horrendous. Don’t call it the marriage wrecker for nowt.

HOYER

Hand
Over
Your
Employment
Rights