How to move a Mobile Project Vehicle

Does anyone else remember the days of bus chassis going up the M1 with the driver sitting on a kitchen chair with goggles and a cardboard screen to keep the wind off?

grumpyken52:
If you use the plates correctly and cover the original reg plates with them then ANPR will only read the trade plate . It also stops loads of grief from automatic toll and congestion charges .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

They changed that a while a go, trade plate must not cover original plate. So car can be identified by anpr most likely

m_attt:

grumpyken52:
If you use the plates correctly and cover the original reg plates with them then ANPR will only read the trade plate . It also stops loads of grief from automatic toll and congestion charges .

They changed that a while a go, trade plate must not cover original plate. So car can be identified by anpr most likely

Probably , it’s 4 years since I last used them . ( that went quickly )
I had heard that they are somewhat harder to obtain these days and will be withdrawn if they are abused.

Same with anything, more rules they can make, more fines they can charge for breaking them

locationpicture:
Thanks so much for all this advice. Will need a bit of time to go through it!

We’re London based but will need to move the bus from Essex to Cardiff, and then down to London once it has been converted.

I’ve sent you a private message, might be able to help out.

Santa:
Does anyone else remember the days of bus chassis going up the M1 with the driver sitting on a kitchen chair with goggles and a cardboard screen to keep the wind off?

Unfortunately yes, but only as a kid from a coach window :laughing: Would have been late sixties ?