How to get your provisional ce licence

I passed my theory and hazard on 23rd September. Will this still be valid for class 1 as I passed my theory before the 15th November ?.

I passed my theory and hazard on 23rd September. Will this still be valid for class 1 as I passed my theory before the 15th November ?.

Yes, no problem.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks.

Don’t forget to upgrade the provisional of course.

Yes. Once I send an email from the 15th November I should get an automatic confirmation that my licence has been upgraded ?.

That’s how we’re told it will work. Then keep your request email together with the response as proof of entitlement. It won’t show on the online licence checker.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks again.

Pete S:
Pass CAT C test. Automatic grant

If no provisional currently held, apply for CAT C provisional now. It will be dealt with after 15th November and come back as CE provisional.

If you currently hold CAT C provisional, email extraprovisional@dvla.gov.uk. The email will be taken that the driver’s circumstances have not changed since the existing licence was applied for (medical conditions, residency, offences) You must state your name, driver number and date of birth.

You will receive a generic reply confirming your entitlement

The original request email and the response have to be produced when taking a driving course/test.

CAT D full licence holders will automatically gain all C classes from Nov 15th. Recommended send email to get confirmation.

DO NOT SEND EMAILS BEFORE NOV 15TH.

Hope this helps, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Just checking so when you send the email to extraprovisional@dvla.gov.uk they will add requested extra entitlement to your online licence and will send a email confirming this as I have got a class C provisional and need to get the C+E as am going to be starting my training early next year. This is the first time I have heard about this and am sure will be allot quicker than sending off D2 form.

Pete S:
That’s how we’re told it will work. Then keep your request email together with the response as proof of entitlement. It won’t show on the online licence checker.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Will this only be available after 15th November?.
Just wandering why entitlement would not show on licence checker if you have receive email with proof of added entitlement.

Just checking so when you send the email to extraprovisional@dvla.gov.uk they will add requested extra entitlement to your online licence and will send a email confirming this as I have got a class C provisional and need to get the C+E as am going to be starting my training early next year. This is the first time I have heard about this and am sure will be allot quicker than sending off D2 form.

Yes, that is the current information. I have no idea why the entitlement wont show on the licence checker. But you must keep your request email and also the autoreply.

Latest news: this doesn’t have to be hard copy. You can show the two docs to the examiner/trainer on your phone.

Craig2222:

Your hazard and theory test results will last for 2 years then if you do not pass your driving test you will have to re-sit those tests.

KevinK:

Pete S:
Pass CAT C test. Automatic grant

If no provisional currently held, apply for CAT C provisional now. It will be dealt with after 15th November and come back as CE provisional.

If you currently hold CAT C provisional, email extraprovisional@dvla.gov.uk. The email will be taken that the driver’s circumstances have not changed since the existing licence was applied for (medical conditions, residency, offences) You must state your name, driver number and date of birth.

You will receive a generic reply confirming your entitlement

The original request email and the response have to be produced when taking a driving course/test.

CAT D full licence holders will automatically gain all C classes from Nov 15th. Recommended send email to get confirmation.

DO NOT SEND EMAILS BEFORE NOV 15TH.

Just checked on the D2 form that I have at the moment and there is no tick box to apply for C+E provisional entitlement which I am guessing because of law before changes on 15th you had to pass Class C to get Class C+E entitlement automatically added to your licence.
So is this the only way that you can upgrade your entitlement if you require the C+E provisional entitlement or will those who have got Class C provisional entitlement get the upgraded entitlement automatically.

Just checked on the D2 form that I have at the moment and there is no tick box to apply for C+E provisional entitlement which I am guessing because of law before changes on 15th you had to pass Class C to get Class C+E entitlement automatically added to your licence.
So is this the only way that you can upgrade your entitlement if you require the C+E provisional entitlement or will those who have got Class C provisional entitlement get the upgraded entitlement automatically.

Anyone with an existing CAT C provisional but wants CE provisional needs to email.

The alternative is to pass a CAT C test.

Anyone starting from scratch will tick provisional “C” and automatically receive provisional CE. Or tick provisional D and get all the D and C classes. Doesn’t work the other way around.

I am guessing that the forms will be updated in due course.

It seems that new applications are still only getting C provisional not CE.

Should this be made a sticky for a while?