How many days off do you get for Christmas?

Having had NO days off since July, I am taking 7 days holiday this Christmas.

But, Xmas and New Years fall prodigously this year, what with weekends and stuff, so I’m actually having off 14 days in a row

since sept the 26th! :laughing: :laughing:

Our Bosses must be turning British :exclamation:

Each year we get one day for Christmas, but I insist on taking Boxing day off :exclamation:

This year we are getting Christmas Eve and the day after Boxing day, to give us a 4 day rest for Christmas :smiley:

Working up to Xmas Eve (running in), then off until the Wednesday…back in for Wednesday and Thursday then off Friday through to the Tuesday. :sunglasses:

Normally take the whole Xmas Eve through Jan the whatever (dependent on where the Bank Holidays fall) period, but a job change mid-April knackered my holiday quotas up, so I’m 2 days short this year… :cry:

Am off from 24th to 29, but there is work available on the monday and tuesday if we want it, which i do because it’s at double weekend time which will be £25 a hour. Luvvvy Jubbbly tom-tom here i come :smiley:

Its a bit early for me to start planning for Christmas :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure when or what but I am loading for France on monday, so I might get next weekend off as usual :stuck_out_tongue:

Our place is closing from knock of on Saturday (about lunch time) and we are back to work on the 4th of Jan.

There will be people knocking about in the yard between x-mas and New Year, for all sorts of reasons. If I get something for my wagon, during the hols (for eg) I might well go in to fit it. I might even give my wagon a wash while I’m at it, if I didn’t get a chance to wash it before knocking off for the hols, but I doubt that to be honest. :wink: :wink:

Arfa Job:
Half of Christmas day because I’m in bed in the afternoon ready for my Boxing Day shift… Why do people always want to shop for food, if they stopped eating for 2 or 3 days I could have a break.

LOL :laughing:

I’m in the same boat as you. This weeks deliveries are gonna be a nightmare, could do with 2 trailers coupled together in order to get everything out in one run. :slight_smile:

Have a good one y’all !

Paul.

not sure yet i in know im finishing on xmas eve but might have run to do a manchester

Three Weeks - Dec 16th - Jan 10th but i am not lorry driver! :open_mouth: i am student boy :laughing:

Betz:
Three Weeks - Dec 16th - Jan 10th but i am not lorry driver! :open_mouth: i am student boy :laughing:

Easy life Willi. Make the most of it while you can. It won’t be that long before you are greatful for every day off you can get :laughing: :laughing: .

This year I should finish 23rd or 24th December and go back on 3rd Jan.

Made me realise how fortunate I am after I spoke to an ex-colleague in Sweden yesterday.He and another driver do a week on week off between them sharing the same truck.One driver will be away for Christmas (24th being the big day in Sweden) and the other one will be away for New Year.
I did the same thing a couple of years ago,loaded on New Years Eve in Tongeren and saw the New Year in as I came off the ferry in Rodby,Denmark.
New Years Day (My birthday) was driving up to Gothenburg.

New Years Day (My birthday)

Same day as me!
But I am sure you are quite a few years older than me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Only ever had one Christmas day away from home, I was waiting to load in Hungary and decided it wasnt worth flying home!

Had several New Year celebrations abroad though,the best was Evzoni in Greece, We celebrated it every hour for three hours to cater for the brits, the germans and the greeks. We nearly ran out of plates :stuck_out_tongue:

The worst was Dumfries tipping in ICI at midnight, while the only people working were the engineers with very long faces and thick wallets :smiley:

I had a couple of new years in Ludwigshafen too, but that was at a mates house