How far do you commute?

Franglais:

4yorks:
My commute is 45 minutes each way at 37 miles [emoji58]

74 miles a day, 5 days a week or 370 miles a week. People at work think I’m crazy lol… I’m clocking up almost 20,000 miles a year just going to work!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Do you commute by car? Thats guesstimating (at 40mpg) 500 gal or 2500 litres or about £3,000 per year. Guesstimating again 15hrs per week on the run? If you paid yourself min wage for that its over £5,000 per annum. Not taking into account depreciation on a 20k year car as opposed to a 10k year car, thats a lump of cash. If its a good job, you`re happy etc, then more power to you.
But I can see why your colleagues look at you bemusedly!
:open_mouth:

I avergae around 62mpg as I got my car remapped so get marginally better mpg. It’s about 40% city driving 60% motorway driving hence the avergae speed of 44mph.

The cost is about £50 every 2 weeks. The job is easy… Long distance doing one or maybe 2 drops a day at a push!

32 kms then 4 days later 32 kms home . Makes running a V8 even more appealing .

Reef:

dieseldog999:

AndrewG:
Nerja (home) to Malaga 53km’s approx 25 mins. 24hr round the clock work for the girls who work the Guadalhorce Ind est…youtube.com/watch?v=-vmHXoDoDTQ
Eyes straight ahead with the missus on board… :grimacing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
its a tough old life taking your breaks in sunny spain…
tip…
if she catches you looking at the prozzies,before you turn round,just give her a dig,start shaking your head and go.tut,tut ,tut…would you look at the state of her,goodness sake,what on earth does she look like?..
:smiling_imp:

Cowards!

I’d turn to the missus and say “remember when you had an arse like that luv?.. Nah nor do I…”

Im not that brave…id get a crack round the head and when shes out of the truck/car a kick in the shins as an added bonus… :grimacing:

Torquay to Aylesbury, but not every day/ week!

about 1000 yrds ish :grimacing:

4yorks:

Franglais:

4yorks:

74 miles a day, 5 days a week or 370 miles a week. People at work think I’m crazy lol… I’m clocking up almost 20,000 miles a year just going to work!

Do you commute by car? Thats guesstimating (at 40mpg) 500 gal or 2500 litres or about £3,000 per year. Guesstimating again 15hrs per week on the run? If you paid yourself min wage for that its over £5,000 per annum. Not taking into account depreciation on a 20k year car as opposed to a 10k year car, thats a lump of cash. If its a good job, you`re happy etc, then more power to you.

I avergae around 62mpg as I got my car remapped so get marginally better mpg. It’s about 40% city driving 60% motorway driving hence the avergae speed of 44mph.

The cost is about £50 every 2 weeks. The job is easy… Long distance doing one or maybe 2 drops a day at a push!

Sounds all good then!
62mpg in the real world is very good too. What car is it?

Franglais:

4yorks:

Franglais:

4yorks:

Sounds all good then!
62mpg in the real world is very good too. What car is it?

A remapped Seat Leon 1.6 diesel. I put the cruise control on 70 (ish) and have around 30 miles of motorway driving plus a bit of city driving at either end. Generally I get 600 miles per tank… Strangely enough before the remap I was getting lower MPG and lower range per tank!

26 miles each way. 40 minutes in the morning. An hour to an hour and a half coming home around rush hour.

Looking to move home this year to cut both mine and the wife’s commute down a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AndrewG:

Reef:

dieseldog999:

AndrewG:
Nerja (home) to Malaga 53km’s approx 25 mins. 24hr round the clock work for the girls who work the Guadalhorce Ind est…youtube.com/watch?v=-vmHXoDoDTQ
Eyes straight ahead with the missus on board… :grimacing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
its a tough old life taking your breaks in sunny spain…
tip…
if she catches you looking at the prozzies,before you turn round,just give her a dig,start shaking your head and go.tut,tut ,tut…would you look at the state of her,goodness sake,what on earth does she look like?..
:smiling_imp:

Cowards!

I’d turn to the missus and say “remember when you had an arse like that luv?.. Nah nor do I…”

Im not that brave…id get a crack round the head and when shes out of the truck/car a kick in the shins as an added bonus… :grimacing:

Tbf mate I’m not all that brave either, it’s more a case of my long suffering Wife being used to my awful sense of humour and being a bloody good egg about it :wink: