How busy is the run-up to Christmas?

I work for a big Cargo Airline parcel company & we can’t cope with the volumes after Black Friday trailers bursting out leaving freight to run 24hrs behind schedule.

November was very busy for me moving stock into high street stores. But when I chat to the store managers, they are saying sales are very disappointing & the stock rooms are full. So it be a slow down for me this month worse luck.

Juddian:
Funny you should mention that, our own account operation is very quiet for the period.

Could the deliberate removal of old fashioned family type Christianity from the country, and it’s replacement with diversity, mammon, days off, frivolous trinkets and another excuse to get ■■■■■■■ finally be having the effect they didn’t account for.

I don’t speak as an evangelist here by the way, i’m as lapsed a soul as anyone, but you can feel the difference in the country from even a couple of decades ago, it just doesn’t feel like Christmas any more in Britain, apparently if you went to a CoE church you are more likely to be indoctrinated in social lefty morals and inclusiveness than hear about the Christian message.

I’ve not darked the doors of Liverpool Cathederal of Monstrosity neither. :neutral_face:

Our core work is always busy this time of the year. As drivers we dont see much of the extra work, but there are always more subbies seen doing "our" work. I almost feel sorry for our office staff.....but cant quite manage to squeeze out a tear for them… :frowning:
Normally drops off in last week, but there can be a hiccup if any lines have an unexpected sales boost, so a few trailers get shipped out empty to cover it.

Actually our office are OK, but doesnt do to tell em so!

Now working on agency, being put into Waitrose and RM. Got asked at the end of my RM shift last week “Would I like to go beyond an 11 hour shift” - as they now apparently permit 15 hour shifts via agency…

It seems the driver shortage is seriously starting to bite now, as enough EE drivers previously working for agencies - seem to have buggered off back home during this year in particular…

I would suggest that “Agency Work” - is now about to have a serious renaissance…
I can’t speak for if the “Golden Triangle” is going to have a Golden Age any time soon - so let’s hear what drivers up and down the country are seeing in their area by all means…

Darn Sarth here at least -Top dollar is only an assessment away… Come and fill your boots everyone! :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

I certainly didn’t think when I suddenly got laid off from Brakes in October - that I’d be coining it in on agency THIS soon, no employment gap and all… :open_mouth: :grimacing:

https://www.staffline.co.uk/jobs?keywords=lgv&location=medway

https://www.staffline.co.uk/job/6413

Mods - bump this to “situations vacant” - if you deem this thread is innappropriate for my linking the above stuff… :arrow_right: