How bad am i again

It truly amazes me how some people on here manage to get themselves dressed of s morning. Some of the questions the post on here regarding taco rules. The mind boggles

Thereal-john:
It truly amazes me how some people on here manage to get themselves dressed of s morning. Some of the questions the post on here regarding taco rules. The mind boggles

Is it stupid to ask a question or is stupid to just blunder thru not knowing what your doing

Attention seeking disorder

Ignore the know it all’s they are significantly better than everyone else don’t you see.

thanks for the replies guys its been an eye opener for me, its very clear im not very good on the rules so im now reading the vosa booklet again, think im going to worry abit every time i see our friends vosa on the m25, looking forward to seeing my next card down load report :blush: :blush: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

heliguy10:
thanks for the replies guys its been an eye opener for me, its very clear im not very good on the rules so im now reading the vosa booklet again, think im going to worry abit every time i see our friends vosa on the m25, looking forward to seeing my next card down load report :blush: :blush: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

You ain’t the first and you definitely won’t be the last .The one thing i always remember with driving rules is they where designed with the sole intent of confusion in mind .I am not ashamed to admit i carry a basic printout of the driving rules with me to refer to when in doubt

Wiretwister:

the maoster:
Actually I don’t actually know the rules for your 2nd break under WTD, but that’s 'cos I don’t really care anyway.

That could be because there isn’t any, the rules give maximum periods of work without a break (6 hours) and a minimum break requirement dependent on the working hours in your shift (30 minutes for 6-9 hours 45 minutes over 9 hours). You can split any of these breaks but must have a minimum of 15 minutes on each occasion.

In the example being discussed here with 2 x 45 minute driving breaks I think it very unlikely that WTD infringements will be incurred unless you do more than 1 hour of other work between start/break/break/finish.

Having typed all that I don’t give a [zb] either. :laughing: :laughing:

All things are possible, I got an infringement for exceeding 6 hours without a break and I had already taken 2x45 min breaks.

might be a silly question :

my boss wants me to do saturday mornings as well as monday thru friday — some days i don’t fully use my drive time limit therefore can i use the drive time that i haven’t used to cover saturday morning ■■?

heliguy10:
had one 45min break today, en route to gillingham get stuck in heavy traffic in maidstone tacho flashes up break for my second driving period now done 9hrs,no where to stop that i know or can see proceed up to 26min driving to find area to stop, whack 15min of break on then head to gillingham, about 30min driving. park up in depot back on break remove the card.rest of the week off now. :blush: :blush: is this bad boy stuff and head streight to jail or have i done the best i could have done :smiling_imp:

do print out and write explanation on back then when you get stopped by the very nice men and woman of our countrys enforcement teams they can whip you, sorry i mean fine you for your misdameanor

mutley75:
Will prob get shot down here, but i always understood if you drove 4.5, have 45, drive 4.5 more, you only need a 30 min break to drive final hour if you are doing 10?

And the next person badly in need of doing the DCPC module on basic drivers hours rears his head.

You need a second 45 minute break.

Silver_Surfer:
Ignore the know it all’s they are significantly better than everyone else don’t you see.

But this is basic noddy stuff every driver HAS to know.

What gets me is the same people without a clue are usually those saying what rubbish the DCPC is whilst clearly demonstrating they need to do it.

right first day 2mra drivin an artic. say iv 2 hours driving 9-11( 2 hours) and then i’m on the boat from 11-2, can i come of the boat on the other side and drive 4.5 hours without any more breaks. then take a 45min break. can i then drive the remaining 3.5 hours without another break and finish my 10 hour day then?? a stupid question but just want to be clear in my own head i am doing it the right way, be one less thing to worry about :wink:

atoughyoke:
right first day 2mra drivin an artic. say iv 2 hours driving 9-11( 2 hours) and then i’m on the boat from 11-2, can i come of the boat on the other side and drive 4.5 hours without any more breaks. then take a 45min break. can i then drive the remaining 3.5 hours without another break and finish my 10 hour day then?? a stupid question but just want to be clear in my own head i am doing it the right way, be one less thing to worry about :wink:

I say yes but there are better informed than me on here

I’ve been driving for 15 years - I still don’t know all the ins and outs of the tacho rules . I was only ever told to get into the truck and drive it - you learnt as you got caught out - and you prayed you didn’t end up in court for it as well .
And for those of you that knock agencies and the supermarket chains - I’ve learnt more in the 4 months I’ve been with them than I did in the last 15 years - 3 days ago I learnt how to do manual entries on a digi card . Any other employer didn’t seem to know or care just as long as the work was done the driver and his license / digi card were disposable.

atoughyoke:

As long as you put it on break while your on the boat and get at least a 45 min break you can drive the 4 and a half off the other side .If you leave it on other work ( crossed hammers) then you can only drive 2 and a half hours after coming off before you need a 45 .

right so best bet would be to oull it out?? or would this mess up my whole day times?

9- 11 - driving
11- 2 - on the boat ( tacho on rest )
2- 6.30 driving
6.30 - 7.15 break
7.15 - 9.45 driving
then your on a daily rest for for 9 (reduced ) or 11 hours

atoughyoke:
right so best bet would be to oull it out?? or would this mess up my whole day times?

DON’T pull the card out - VOSA will want to know why - you may have done nothing wrong but it will raise suspicion and thats then the start of your problems . The more they find the more they look - and if as I suspect your doing cross channel Irish groupage thats not what you need .

foxy stars:
might be a silly question :

my boss wants me to do saturday mornings as well as monday thru friday — some days i don’t fully use my drive time limit therefore can i use the drive time that i haven’t used to cover saturday morning ■■?

A kind of rough rule is that you can work every other saturday, but it is possible to work every saturday, i often do 3 to 4 saturdays in a row, as long as you get 45hours of before you start again or if you reduce you make the time up again within the next couple of weeks your ok. Best thing to do is to start as early as possible on the saturday morning and take card out as soon as your back.

heliguy10:

If you know your likely to use a 10, a good way to plan your day if possible is to say drive for 3hr30min, 45, another 3hr30min, 45, then use the last 3hr. Dont feel like you must get near to the end of the 4hr30min limit before you take a break.

beefy4605:

atoughyoke:

DON’T pull the card out - VOSA will want to know why - you may have done nothing wrong but it will raise suspicion and thats then the start of your problems . The more they find the more they look - and if as I suspect your doing cross channel Irish groupage thats not what you need .

haha am i that obvious? cheers il watch for it anyway good to know that cause there was a 50% chance me pullin out the card. won’t be now. thanks for the replys so quick