Holiday Pay

Aye !!!

scotstrucker:
ours pay our holiday pay on an average of our pay from the previous 3 months

+1

Latique:

Big Truck:
Ask any McBurney Transport driver who’s been there past couple of yrs,
it was the Unite UNION McBurney drivers who went to the courts and won the holiday pay case to the benefit now of us all :exclamation: :exclamation: :sunglasses:

you mean the self serving union that are only interested themselves and no self respecting driver would even think of joining have done something for the average driver ?

thts gonna jolt a few agendas on here

Before this case was won by the McBurney Unite union boys a certain well know NI haulier (has a fleet of blue/white Merc Mp4s and just got 10 new Iveco Highways :wink: ) were paying their mainland trampers a pittance of £55day holiday pay. :imp:
So they went from £550home to £275home for a weeks holidays,
now its went up to average wages take home since the Tribunal ruling in favour of the McBurney men.

Think Unite have helped “average Joe” driver OK :exclamation: :exclamation:

I think that when I worked for Tilcon holiday pay was worked on the average of the past six weeks which was very good for that time, 1990’s. Then I worked for a firm that paid £40 per day which, based on a flat week, wasn’t quite so good, however at first they didn’t pay anything for Bank holidays (truck wasn’t earning) so I had to do some slight negotiating and got that sorted out. Nowadays it seems that most companies pay a decent holiday rate so the driver’s don’t lose out much which has to be a good thing.

Pete.

Yes ,just had 2 weeks off ,now pay slip is saying per day ,£153.510 :smiley: ,last 12 weeks average so I’m told ,big jump for me ,but I do lots of hours .
But as a note of caution ,my mate who does 50 hrs says he’s now a couple of pounds worse off .
So it seems like the old bull week ,you really need too bang those hours in ,starting 12 weeks before your hols ,wait for all those who’ve never worked a o/t shift start too badger the t.o for some :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Many hours do you do dozy to get £153.510 per day need to get a form in there for a job must get a super wage :laughing:

Dozy,
So you’ve averaged £765.50gross/week previous 12wks??
You must bang in some hrs alright!!!

Colin_scottish:
Many hours do you do dozy to get £153.510 per day need to get a form in there for a job must get a super wage :laughing:

Far too many ,70-80 most weeks ,they do it on purpose as I’m not one of the bosses pets ,planner neither and they know I only want to do 8/10 hrs a day.

Big Truck:
Dozy,
So you’ve averaged £765.50gross/week previous 12wks??
You must bang in some hrs alright!!!

Yes I do ,lots of hours + quite a lot of night out of late ,I don’t bang them in though ,it’s just they seem too plan me for more and more ,I tear around trying too get done as quick as I can then they just stick more work on the ISO - trac :unamused: :unamused: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

How can anyone deduct “breaks” from a lump sum holiday payment?

Sounds like a fiddle to me…

Paying 12.07% of your GROSS wage into a holiday pot to be a pre-tax lump sum to take when you want - seems the best and fairest solution to those on “irregular hours”.
Otherwise, you’ll often find yourself in the position where the firm “won’t let you take holidays” when you’ve been maxing out the previous 13 weeks, and will leave it until you’ve had some quiet weeks of late - to bring that average down.

Anything based on “averages” works to the benefit of those managing the hours for you rather than the worker themselves. :wink:

When I was TM at a factory in Brum, back in the 70s, we paid average wages on (I think) last four weeks. They were known as “pudding weeks” and everyone wanted overtime, even the blokes who wouldn’t normally do it if you begged them.

Of course management wanted it kept to a minimum so the lads on the floor would be trying to hang the job out and the bosses trying to stop them.