Higher Trailer.

the maoster:
You’re on a hiding to nothing expecting support from the office Boris. Most of the people you will deal with in your office will be acne ridden teenagers who dream of buying a 51 plate Corsa and hanging out at Maccy D’s on a night. The sum total of their knowledge of HGV’s, drivers hours regs and routing could be written on the back of a stamp. If you request guidance I suspect that the phone will go quiet for a minute to be followed by the sound of a keyboard being punched until finally the yoof will declare “well the computer says it’s ok”.

Bitter, me? No. :wink:

And dream they will. Drain pipe exhaust, small stuffed animal tied to rear bumper, Monster stickers, 3 alloys and one steel, blackout tint, white led mounted next to the rear number plate, one working shock absorber and matt black bonnet with blue leds mounted on it - with at least one window they can wind down to throw their crap out of at said Maccy D’s carpark.

dozy:
Where I live you can blame the zb councillors for the bridge strikes on barrowby rd , harlaxton rd , Springfield rd etc , them zb for years have let the rich zb stop a ring road built for as long as I can remember ( finally started ) .

So the councillors are driving the lorries, ignoring the signs and hitting the bridges?
Oh wait, I’ve just seen who wrote that, forget it.

dozy:
Where I live you can blame the zb councillors for the bridge strikes on barrowby rd , harlaxton rd , Springfield rd etc , them zb for years have let the rich zb stop a ring road built for as long as I can remember ( finally started ) .

Grantham has always had the ingredients for a perfect storm for bridge strikes, you’ve got all them cut throughs crossing the A1 where on a weekly basis someone misjudges it and then virtually every major route on the diversion route has a low bridge sat on it.

I got caught up in the crap yesterday after that bloody bridge jumper closed the A1. It took me three hours from Colsterworth to Gonerby Moor, helped chiefly by gormless decker and straw wagons who refused to believe the low bridge signs right up until the minute they stopped a foot away from them and then had to reverse out!

Boris1971:
An average of 1800 a year, use a calculator!

Sorry, I thought it said ‘1800 since 2000’, didn’t spot the ‘1800 a year’ bit. You need to allow for the fact that I’m old and starting to lose it a bit!