High Value Loads worth ££££££££££

iceman1:
might i stop yall, i thought human life was more than whatevers in the back thats an answer i gave to a tm once it left him stumpd

The most valuable thing I carry is when I’m empty. I wonder how much a drowning man would pay just for a gulp of fresh air :wink:

Well I agree with you the drivers life is worth more than any bloody high cost load whatever it is or was worth, Regards Larry.

My daughter. Altho she travelled in the cab!! Apart from her, gold-plated bone china, razor blades or scotch. Nowhere near some of the values on here.

Regards,

Mark.

Derf:
747 engine - £7.5 million

:smiley: There’s no answer to that. :smiley:
Mine? new skis on a Transit van. About three quarters of the van was filled AND I WAS TOLD (don’t know if it was true) about half a million. They were top of the range Rossignol skis

Challenger 2 Tank = £4 million

Done the odd load of whisky in a tilt from Glasgow to Slovenia and Croatia in the 90s.
regards dave.

200 peseta coins: 20 tonnes of them in one-tonne bags. From just south of Zaragoza to a tap maker in the West Midlands. That was in May 1999, five months after the euro came in. However they had all been chopped in half.

Value in Pesetas would have been about 381 million or 2,294,000 quid.

I suppose the most expensive load was a load of new computers to update the main branch of the IS BANKASI in Istambul.We had to unload it at midnight while the surrounding area was sealed off by armed police while it was unloaded and fitted into the bank.
On the other side i Think the most worthless load was 5000 plastic buckets for the King Faisal hospital in Riyadh in 1975.Value of the load £4000,rate for the job,London-Riyadh £6500.

I remember in the late 1960’s towing in an elderley Morris Commercial flatbed from the Colchester area that had what looked like black iron bars under the sheet, turned out they were Platinum rods travelling incognito so we locked it in the garage that night! :open_mouth: No idea of the value, certainly worth more than the truck!! :laughing:

Pete.

I had to chuckle to myself when looking at a thread about high value loads only to find Windrush had put a comment on, thought you had been carrying Tom Wibberley’s Christmas Box in the back of that Foden Pete, I didn’t spot you at Darley Dale Rally at Friden this weekend, I only went on Sunday & even then had to leave early as I got a call to go to Gloucester on recovery. I suppose you will be at Brailsford ploughing match this next Wednesday. Keep that stationery engine chugging Pete. As for high value loads on my lorry, every load I ever put on is treated as valuable, or so I tell my customers.

1970commer:
I had to chuckle to myself when looking at a thread about high value loads only to find Windrush had put a comment on, thought you had been carrying Tom Wibberley’s Christmas Box in the back of that Foden Pete, I didn’t spot you at Darley Dale Rally at Friden this weekend, I only went on Sunday & even then had to leave early as I got a call to go to Gloucester on recovery. I suppose you will be at Brailsford ploughing match this next Wednesday. Keep that stationery engine chugging Pete. As for high value loads on my lorry, every load I ever put on is treated as valuable, or so I tell my customers.

Tom wouldn’t have got much from me Rob, you o/d’s looked after him OK though with large sized brown envelopes! :smiley: Didn’t go to Friden as we were at Little Casterton Working Weekend near Stamford, wont be at the ploughing match either as tomorrow we head off to Masham Sheep Fair and then up to Darlington for the following weekend. Doing more miles now that I don’t work than when I did, and earning about as much haha! :wink: Keep your elbows in lad…

Pete.

I recall in 1980, Going into T,B.Pearson Machine Tools Ltd, in Wincomblee Works at Walker to load a brake press valued at 15 grand, I was in the loading bay when a smart arsed geazer in a , Well what I would call a dinner suite approached me & said are you the driver of this vehicle, Of course I said yes, He said do you realise that this is a very high valuable load, I said yes, Whats your problem like, Well I do hope you are insured to cover any mishap that could possibley occur, I said well my man I carry goods on my GIT Insurance under RHA Conditions, He relied whats RHA got to do with it, Well I was on the point of telling him to ■■■■ right off, But I retrained myself because he was possibley the RSOLE that signed the cheques , So I put him in the picture & told him that he had nothing to worry about every thing was in good hands, & the the load was in fact delivered on time with no problems, Plus I got £100.00 for the job, & A job well done If I may say so, Plus I got a load back also, Regards Larry.