Hi All - Another Newbie

Radar19:
I failed my Class 2 once, passed on the second go with PSTT and then failed my Class 1 twice before passing on the 3rd attempt again with PSTT. Don’t sweat it passing first time. To be honest though, I say if I had to have an examiner sat next to me on my daily drive I would 100% fail. The places I have to go, curbs are the least of my worries!

Thanks, yes I get what your saying. As its been a couple of weeks I am stressing a bit that I might have forgot some of the stuff I was taught :open_mouth: I will report in tomorrow, I’m going to ask to go round the bits I messed up in the test.

Best of luck pal! :smiley:

i have been reading this. all the advice i need to take on board for myself. just sent away my licence waiting to book my theory. best of luck man

So didn’t want to post after my extra days training yesterday as wanted to relax (fat chance :laughing: )

Training went well although still had plenty to work on, went over areas I struggled with last time but if I’m honest was still not confident.

Onto test day today, nice examiner, out and about for what seemed like 12 hours :blush: made some obvious mistakes that I knew I had done when I did them, no curbs hit this time though :smiley: can honestly say I didn’t enjoy that test one bit as I felt well out of my comfort zone, the driving doesn’t bother me but it’s that stranger sitting next to me with a clipboard that does it for me, anyway passed with 10 minors :laughing:

Well done. Congratulations!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Congratulations! Pass is a pass!

Radar19:
I failed my Class 2 once, passed on the second go with PSTT and then failed my Class 1 twice before passing on the 3rd attempt again with PSTT. Don’t sweat it passing first time. To be honest though, I say if I had to have an examiner sat next to me on my daily drive I would 100% fail. The places I have to go, curbs are the least of my worries!

This makes me feel better going back for my 3rd attempt next month. Passed 2 first time just need to get it right this time

Well done [emoji322][emoji898][emoji133]

:smiley: :smiley:

Thanks all, been and booked up for CPC in a fortnight then Class 1 at the end of next month :laughing:

So have started training on Class 1 today which is where I have wanted to be all along, really enjoyed driving around in it and much more so that the rigid, am in a MAN auto this time and it’s great not having to think about the gears. I’m certainly glad I have not left it long between moving up a class as all the things the examiners want to see are still fresh in my mind, instructor even commented on it to. Struggled with the reverse though which I always knew was going to be my weak point. I’m defiantly going to be staying behind in the yard at work to practice next week.

Test day tomorrow, really happy with the driving on the road but less so on the reverse, been practicing extra today and how to get out of trouble with a shunt as well, fingers crossed.

Good luck!

Failed on the reverse, I have been so stressed about the reversing that I took a shunt and it was that which made me cross the yellow line, near perfect score on the road, 1 minor for not putting it in gear after the stop at the side of the road bit. I have had no confidence with this reverse manoeuvre and I have not been able to stop thinking it through. Booked in again for the 15th and 16th. Could have just had a retest on the 13th but I want a fresh instructor to run me through the reverse before.

Bad luck. I also failed on reverse first time. Easy to say but try not to stress over it. Im sure with another practice you will get it next time

peterboroughmatt:
Failed on the reverse, I have been so stressed about the reversing that I took a shunt and it was that which made me cross the yellow line, near perfect score on the road, 1 minor for not putting it in gear after the stop at the side of the road bit. I have had no confidence with this reverse manoeuvre and I have not been able to stop thinking it through. Booked in again for the 15th and 16th. Could have just had a retest on the 13th but I want a fresh instructor to run me through the reverse before.

I am still of the opinion that the test should be split into two sections … on-road and off-road … with only the failed section being retested

ROG:

peterboroughmatt:

I am still of the opinion that the test should be split into two sections … on-road and off-road … with only the failed section being retested

That would be good. May also help get retests through quicker sometimes if only need a reverse test

ROG:

I don’t disagree, to be fair its my fault as the nerves go to me, I must have thought through that reverse a thousand times and the more I thought about it the more I got stressed, strangely enough I got it near on perfect in the practice beforehand. Im not a nervous person but driving tests tick all the boxes to make me one.

So then had my C+E retest today (after a days extra training yesterday) and pleased to say I passed :laughing: , got the reverse sorted out nicely as had marked an area out in our yard at work with the correct measurements and practiced for an hour a day, now pleased to say I can get it in the box first time everytime.

Nearly got off to a very bad start as we did one last couple/uncouple at 11:10 (test 1130) and the ride height controls broke and the unit wouldn’t raise. Unit had to be swapped for the spare and with 1 minute before test I waslegging it across to the yard over the road to find the number plate for the unit.

In practice this morning I noticed they had a lane coned off on the bridge in town (you need to straddle both lanes for this one) so I asked my instructor if we could try it as its a test route, he was reluctant because it was so tight (impossibly actually) and he was right, trailer cut the curb and narrowly missed the traffic lights, he said if the route comes up on test you will have to mention it to the examiner and u will have to run over some cones but tell him before hand. Im sure you know where this is going and when he told me to take a left heading towards it I was having kittens, I said to him I might have to hit some cones but when I see the approach there were some bloody workmen in front of them so that was off the cards :blush: I got the angle abit better than the last attempted but still cut the curb so I thought that was me done. On return to test centre I said to him about it and he said yeah I came round there in my car this morning and through it was tight so I though we would try it and see what happened, he accepted it for what it was and said he would have had mount the curb if he was driving so don’t worry about it.

Apart from that got 2 minors, lights at roundabout went to amber (and that thread about lights was on my mind :open_mouth: ) I did hit the breaks abit hard to be honest but still we only just stopped in time, he gave me a minor and an awareness/planning fault for that which is annoying as it would have been a clean sheet.

Anyway glad to have made it as I have found it stressful at times, I don’t think I can cope with anymore driving tests in this lifetime but saying that I might have a crack at the bus license in afew months just to complete the back of my driving license :sunglasses:

peterboroughmatt:
So then had my C+E retest today (after a days extra training yesterday) and pleased to say I passed …