Hgv Sat nav

Easter-Star:

mastesallan:
I use this with no problems at all
ebay.co.uk/itm/5-inch-Truck- … 3cbec9bbc7

My mate had one and it couldnt cope when we were in Europe , he lobbed it in Germany , ok for UK only or as a attractive paper weight or if you are skint :laughing:

I’ve used mine in Holland and Germany, it worked fine .

Trev_H:

Easter-Star:

mastesallan:

My mate had one and it couldnt cope when we were in Europe , he lobbed it in Germany , ok for UK only or as a attractive paper weight or if you are skint :laughing:

I have one available…if anyone wants it pm me

20130221_162439.jpg

20130221_162331.jpg

20130221_162421.jpg

Big ■■■■:
My boss has given me a tomtom xxl because my tomtom truck stopped working. Can anyone tell me if i can buy a sd card from tomtom with truck on it and just plug it into the xxl

I could be wrong but as far as I can see your device does not have a slot to insert an SD card, but feel free to correct me if I’m wrong :wink:

RIPPER:

Big ■■■■:
My boss has given me a tomtom xxl because my tomtom truck stopped working. Can anyone tell me if i can buy a sd card from tomtom with truck on it and just plug it into the xxl

Not possible i am afraid due to limitations on the size of memory in an XXL…it is possible to install a cut down version of the tomtom application and add the map to make it less than 2gb but its not an easy fix…also you need to know where to get these things and they aint official :wink:

I managed to get this one working

tachograph:

Big ■■■■:

I could be wrong but as far as I can see your device does not have a slot to insert an SD card, but feel free to correct me if I’m wrong :wink:

You are correct tachograph…they don’t…you have to install to internal memory :exclamation:

Trev_H:

Easter-Star:

mastesallan:

There are a lot of generic SatNavs on the market now which have different brand names but which all use the same mapping software and the Windows CE 6.0 operating system. Quite why any SatNav using these systems would perform any differently in Germany to any other SatNav using them is beyond me. The only difference is that they are a third of the price.

Harry Monk:

Trev_H:

Easter-Star:

mastesallan:

There are a lot of generic SatNavs on the market now which have different brand names but which all use the same mapping software and the Windows CE 6.0 operating system. Quite why any SatNav using these systems would perform any differently in Germany to any other SatNav using them is beyond me. The only difference is that they are a third of the price.

I loaded the IGO primo software in mine but I ditched a lot of the maps I wouldn’t use, just kept the UK and central europe which left a lot more memory for other apps.

Harry Monk:

Trev_H:

Easter-Star:

mastesallan:

To be fair alot of things seem to be beyond you :wink:

Trev_H:

Harry Monk:

Trev_H:

Easter-Star:

mastesallan:

I loaded the IGO primo software in mine but I ditched a lot of the maps I wouldn’t use, just kept the UK and central europe which left a lot more memory for other apps.

The only difference isnt the price, a Dutch Autotrader Magazine reviewed entry level SatNavs and tested the chinese , TomTom , Garmins offerings, the Chinese satnav appeared ok till they looked inside and found poor quality solder joints , poor quality boards and poor battery etc, it was built for pennies and was rated as being over priced !
Its like saying a car is just a car , its not is , you get what you pay for.

Anyway the conclusion they came to was , it was a Sat Nav to buy your Grandparents who think its time they had one , they wouldnt use it and it would sit in the glove box all its life. :laughing:

Not my words but the words of Dutch Autotrader . :wink:

mastesallan:

Hello folks
I’ve just ordered one of these ,7 inch ,thought I’d take a chance after reading a few reveiws on them,my tom tom screen is cracked.
It says free updates ! Do you just plug in to a computer like a tom tom and it takes you to a p navi home download place like tom tom does?
Should have asked this question before I ordered it .

Harry Monk:
Mine was £74, Europe-wide including speedcams, truck specific including all classes of hazardous, HD, Windows 6.0 operating system, two-year-warranty, free lifetime updates. Would definitely recommend.

ebay.co.uk/itm/320907758426? … 1439.l2649

Hello Harry how’s things.
Have to say I received one of these and have been playing with it ,very impressed so far.
It has small streets on it that we’re not on my tom tom,as Harry said adr,bluetooth,all of europe maps,autohoffs,truck parking ,as24,free updates,was a bit slow at first then I calibrated it with a small stylus at the back and is now just as quick as my old tom tom.
So far would recommend .

Deeireland:

Harry Monk:
Mine was £74, Europe-wide including speedcams, truck specific including all classes of hazardous, HD, Windows 6.0 operating system, two-year-warranty, free lifetime updates. Would definitely recommend.

Have to say I received one of these and have been playing with it ,very impressed so far.
It has small streets on it that we’re not on my tom tom,as Harry said adr,bluetooth,all of europe maps,autohoffs,truck parking ,as24,free updates,was a bit slow at first then I calibrated it with a small stylus at the back and is now just as quick as my old tom tom.
So far would recommend .

Sorry for being daft, but what do you mean by this? Was it painfully slow when you got it?

I’ve currently got the link on watch on eBay at the moment as seriously considering buying one. Sounds like a right steal of a deal in my opinion.
Cheers

Scanner102:

Deeireland:

Harry Monk:

So far would recommend .

Sorry for being daft, but what do you mean by this? Was it painfully slow when you got it?

I’ve currently got the link on watch on eBay at the moment as seriously considering buying one. Sounds like a right steal of a deal in my opinion.
Cheers

What I mean is it was not calibrated for touch.so when I touched the screen it was freezing and would be slow to do what I wanted it to do.
There is a small stylus on the auction cup holder take it press calibrate on the device and follow the cursors when finished tap the screen and away you go.as quick as my tom tom 750 go.tryed the bluetooth ,it’s ok but all bluetooth on sat navs are crap.i have bluetooth in truck anyway.47 maps. I was talking to a guy in calais that had one said just as good as his tom tom.

Deeireland:
What I mean is it was not calibrated for touch.so when I touched the screen it was freezing and would be slow to do what I wanted it to do.
There is a small stylus on the auction cup holder take it press calibrate on the device and follow the cursors when finished tap the screen and away you go.as quick as my tom tom 750 go.tryed the bluetooth ,it’s ok but all bluetooth on sat navs are crap.i have bluetooth in truck anyway.47 maps. I was talking to a guy in calais that had one said just as good as his tom tom.

Nice one thanks for the heads up. I have ordered one now so should be here in the next couple of days, so I shall take a look.

Yeah I’ve got a Tomtom as well (an Go 820 Live I think the model number is), but even with the micro SD slot, they don’t do truck software for it, so I thought I would get a dedicated truck sat nav for “first visits” and then use my other one for the live traffic updates after that. Plus only £51 or something like that, it’s worth a punt in my opinion. Wait and see I guess…

i have one off ebay like harrys…its very good only issues ive had are it wont route me trough through the dartford tunnels as each bore has a weight limit on 1 lane…and odd stretches of motorway have 94mph speed limits it says.

I got mine from HGV. Truck tables. Give it a google. The sat nav is brilliant

im tryin to find a satnav that speaks a warning if you are speeding say 5 over the limit. i used to have a navigon that did that-any of you guys know if a tomtom does this ?if so do they all?

corij:
im tryin to find a satnav that speaks a warning if you are speeding say 5 over the limit. i used to have a navigon that did that-any of you guys know if a tomtom does this ?if so do they all?

My TT bongs at me if I go over the limit set at for that road, but not if it’s a temporary limit. However, I’ve noticed that sat navs only take into account the speed limit for cars when this happens, not for trucks if they have to run at a lower limit. ie:40mph an a road set at 50mph for a car.

I’m guessing that there will be a spoken programme somewhere though.

Ken.

Scanner102:
Yeah I’ve got a Tomtom as well (an Go 820 Live I think the model number is), but even with the micro SD slot, they don’t do truck software for it,

Oh yes they do. :wink:

Ken.

Do these have the lane guidance on them? (Ala TomTom.)

Looking at a new sat nav for the wife, but she’s hopeless when it comes to motorways, and unless the screen shows her that she needs to come off at a junction with an arrow on the correct lane, she would end up somewhere where she shouldn’t be.

Ken.