HGV drivers tax rebate

Berty:

danch4:

Berty:
Sent mine a few days ago now. How long does it take them to get back to you?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If you phone hmrc they will give you a deadline for them to have it sorted out its usually three months from when you submit the form

Three months■■? I’ll give them a call tomorrow

Yes it’s about three months at the latest depends on the backlog they have,

backload:
Talk around the brew room about tax rebate for tramper drivers, you can claim back for uniforms, Satnav, fridges, CPC training, ADR training, TV. Average claim £3000 for the last 4 years.
Anybody done this yet, apparently the accountants take 20℅ of your claim.

Different country I know but I claim everything and get it.
Toilet paper, cleaning stuff, shower stuff, clothing, boots, lap top, TV, DVD’s, all food, petrol for my own car if running to my truck etc.

As long as they look at my claim I can wait 3 months… if started keeping receipts of anything I buy work related

I used to work in the “tax industry.” Sad to read peoples’ reports of being charged so much and/or being given a massive run around in trying to get to the bottom of things. When I read things like this it makes me think about sharpening the pencils again and going into business as a tax advisor. But as happy as it would make me to help clear things up for people, I would probably be chewing my arm off after a couple of weeks of dealing with the lovely tax office full time!! :smiley:

I would have to refresh my knowledge about this particular topic before saying anything as it has been a fair while, but I hope all these problems get resolved and good luck to everyone.

Trying to avoid paying tax (pay to ceasar what is due to ceasare) the goverment need £36,000,000 to sort the jungle for example. :confused:

Tarmac duck:
Trying to avoid paying tax (pay to ceasar what is due to ceasare) the goverment need £36,000,000 to sort the jungle for example. :confused:

And why should they use my money to sort the jungle out, if we are due the money then there is no shame in taking what is ours ( politicians have been claiming there expenses and allowances for years so why can’t I claim mine )
If your that concerned about what’s going on in France then you could always chip in a bit more of your own money ( to help Ceaser out )

danch4:

Tarmac duck:

And why should they use my money to sort the jungle out, if we are due the money then there is no shame in taking what is ours ( politicians have been claiming there expenses and allowances for years so why can’t I claim mine )
If your that concerned about what’s going on in France then you could always chip in a bit more of your own money ( to help Ceaser out )

Take a chill pill mate, I think my reply was wasted on you :laughing:

Tarmac duck:

danch4:

Tarmac duck:

Take a chill pill mate, I think my reply was wasted on you :laughing:

Ha ha !!!
Remember I’m not your mate ( you don’t have any )

Grow up lad, my initial post was in jest. Your replies are rather childish and are completely without foundation.

I have a update on the drivers tax rebate, if you have submitted your tax return for the past four years which you are entitled to do then the tax office is now offering you 53% of your claim, that means if you have put a claim in for 10k you like the rest of us would be entitled to 20% that being 2k but unless you can prove that you spend more than what your employer gives you each night then you will be offered 53% of the 2k which is £1060,
For those who choose to claim through a agent they will then take there 20% plus vat.
This was explained to me from the Tax office in Bristol and they say this has been agreed by the RHA and the agents who are claiming on behalf of the drivers,
Now for next year you will have to keep a log of what you are spending to prove your claim, they have changed my tax code to 1411 so I will not have much of a claim at the end of each year from now on. Good luck all,

danch4:
I have a update on the drivers tax rebate, if you have submitted your tax return for the past four years which you are entitled to do then the tax office is now offering you 53% of your claim, that means if you have put a claim in for 10k you like the rest of us would be entitled to 20% that being 2k but unless you can prove that you spend more than what your employer gives you each night then you will be offered 53% of the 2k which is £1060,
For those who choose to claim through a agent they will then take there 20% plus vat.
This was explained to me from the Tax office in Bristol and they say this has been agreed by the RHA and the agents who are claiming on behalf of the drivers,
Now for next year you will have to keep a log of what you are spending to prove your claim, they have changed my tax code to 1411 so I will not have much of a claim at the end of each year from now on. Good luck all,

Yes but your tax code is higher than normal (1100) so you should in effect have about £20week more take home.

£20x52weeks=£1040!!![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Have any of you boys recently get a “demand” from Chadwick Accountants for unpaid commission Fees for 15/16 tax rebate self assessment claim even though you submitted same yourself via HMRC Gateway portal!!! :open_mouth:

They gotta be chancing their arm cheeky ballicks they are!!! :imp:

Big Truck:
Have any of you boys recently get a “demand” from Chadwick Accountants for unpaid commission Fees for 15/16 tax rebate self assessment claim even though you submitted same yourself via HMRC Gateway portal!!! :open_mouth:

Even if you actually submitted the claim yourself, did you maybe sign up for a “Fixed Fee” deal of some sort…?

Roymondo:

Big Truck:

Even if you actually submitted the claim yourself, did you maybe sign up for a “Fixed Fee” deal of some sort…?

Sent them no signed paperwork for 15/16 tax year whatsoever and also informed HMRC way back last Spring that they were no longer acting as my agent as HMRC won’t issue you any Gateway pin numbers etc until you cancel agent.

So you did have some sort of agreement in place for previous years? Is it possible you didn’t cancel it?

Sent using smoke and mirrors

Roymondo:
So you did have some sort of agreement in place for previous years? Is it possible you didn’t cancel it?

They did 12/13 and 14/15 tax year’s (and I paid 20% fee) but surely me cancelling them as agents via HMRC and submitting my own SA via Gateway doesn’t entitle them to £212 fee (15/16 tax year) for doing sweet FA??!!!

Depends what it says in the agreement you signed up to.

I don’t live there anymore but here’s what I claim here.
Lap top, TV, DVD player, work gloves, overalls, food, drink, entertainment when away from home, personal transport (main car), wear and tare on own car, bedding, laundry, cab cleaning products, tools etc … Claim for everything you can.
I even claim for going to the movies LOL.

Roymondo:

Big Truck:

I know exactly how you feel, when I started my claim Chadwicks went into hiding and kept all my p60 and wage slips and made no contact with me, I like yourself told the tax office that I wanted nothing more to do with Chadwicks and explained the reason why,
So they added this information on to my file, then when my cheque was taking a long time to arrive I phoned the tax office and was told my payment was ready but they had to send it to Chadwicks, so I went through the story again with them that I could not find Chadwicks. In the end I had to send a email stating that I wanted nothing to do with Chadwicks.
I received my payment five days later and have not heard from Chadwicks and neither want to, good luck

danch4:

Roymondo:

Big Truck:

I know exactly how you feel, when I started my claim Chadwicks went into hiding and kept all my p60 and wage slips and made no contact with me, I like yourself told the tax office that I wanted nothing more to do with Chadwicks and explained the reason why,
So they added this information on to my file, then when my cheque was taking a long time to arrive I phoned the tax office and was told my payment was ready but they had to send it to Chadwicks, so I went through the story again with them that I could not find Chadwicks. In the end I had to send a email stating that I wanted nothing to do with Chadwicks.
I received my payment five days later and have not heard from Chadwicks and neither want to, good luck

Yes,
I see they seem to have “done a runner” away from Facebook too.
I’ve heard diddly from them since beginning of last year when I binned their forms as I was going it alone.

Now this “demand” from out of the blue with a “threat” attached that if not paid a debt collection agency will be after me.

They can go shove their £212 demanded fee up their arse!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk