HGV driver dies M5

TruckDriverBen:

Sploom:
No,its not worth dying for ,so why do trucks keep cutting in after overtaking me,only a few feet past my front bumper,sick of it,I am

not defending these drivers, however they do that on motorways because they want to ‘open’ the road up much faster, if i were overtaking on a three lane, were essentially blocking 2 lanes i know in theory you only come back in after leaving a 2second gap to truck behind but doing so will hold up traffic flow more so cutting in that little early may increase risk but reduce traffic thats my 2 cents

Are you serious ■■ :unamused:
All these James Hunt’s do is risk accidents and display that they are incapable of driving a truck properly.
In the old days you could almost 100 % guarantee that the truck you were passing would flash you in …(irrespective of whether you NEED it or not before anybody jumps in) nowadays some can’t be stsed, so those who maybe do need some help, maybe panic and cut in far too early.,others are just ■■■■ incompetent.

I am afraid HGV driver etiquette even with each other is almost a thing of the past .
I probably can notice this more than a lot of the drivers out there due to being off the road for approx 12-15 years .
58 years old and been in transport since the age of 16 warehouse , van driving , fork lift driver , passed test at 22 . Then on the road for about 15 years before taking up a position of operations manager ( never again ) left the game at the age of about 50 to try something else which was going fine , then the pandemic come along ( redundant)
So fell back on the old HGV licence .
So was off the road for approx 15 years .
Can’t believe how much it has changed on the road from weight restrictions to aggressive drivers & driving .
Remember the 2nd day back on the road was coming down the hill from midsummer Norton towards the double roundabouts at Radstock when a tipper coming the other way got right opposite me so we were mirror to mirror and tells me with so many fs and Jeffs to get over as I was over his side of the road , perhaps I was as it is a little narrow there and being new back on the road I was being cautious.
I could tell by the anger and veins in his neck if he could have he would have started swinging punches . As I made my case he drove off before landing a nice big blob of phlegm on my window . Then drove off hood up and ear piece in .
I know that is a extreme case but a welcome back to driving wake up call .
Also drivers parking on pumps to have a pee and do some shopping . Also pulling into the 2nd lane to let them on the motorway only for them to pull on and leave you elephant racing with them for as long as they can . For all that I do still enjoy what I do and tend to let the idiots be idiots .

Happy Trucker1:
I am afraid HGV driver etiquette even with each other is almost a thing of the past .
I probably can notice this more than a lot of the drivers out there due to being off the road for approx 12-15 years .
58 years old and been in transport since the age of 16 warehouse , van driving , fork lift driver , passed test at 22 . Then on the road for about 15 years before taking up a position of operations manager ( never again ) left the game at the age of about 50 to try something else which was going fine , then the pandemic come along ( redundant)
So fell back on the old HGV licence .
So was off the road for approx 15 years .
Can’t believe how much it has changed on the road from weight restrictions to aggressive drivers & driving .
Remember the 2nd day back on the road was coming down the hill from midsummer Norton towards the double roundabouts at Radstock when a tipper coming the other way got right opposite me so we were mirror to mirror and tells me with so many fs and Jeffs to get over as I was over his side of the road , perhaps I was as it is a little narrow there and being new back on the road I was being cautious.
I could tell by the anger and veins in his neck if he could have he would have started swinging punches . As I made my case he drove off before landing a nice big blob of phlegm on my window . Then drove off hood up and ear piece in .
I know that is a extreme case but a welcome back to driving wake up call .
Also drivers parking on pumps to have a pee and do some shopping . Also pulling into the 2nd lane to let them on the motorway only for them to pull on and leave you elephant racing with them for as long as they can . For all that I do still enjoy what I do and tend to let the idiots be idiots .

Welcome back to the Madhouse, tipper drivers always seem to be in a hurry, mind you it isn’t just tipper drivers nowadays. Everyone seems to be in a hurry…

Don’t worry about the ■■■■/stress head tipper driver, (sounds as if he was totally oblivious to hiw much of a prick that he displayed himself to be btw) …those guys never last long, they’ve all died of stress related conditions like heart attacks before they reach the age of 50 . :unamused:

What actually happened , I’m assuming the rants about cutting in , drive ng in the 3 rd lane , ignoring warning signs etc have no relevance to the actual accident

Tbh this is why I drive at 52/53 nowadays. I dont get involved in the elephant racing, I just ppd along and watch everyone else rish around being super duper important. The difference to my journey time in minutes over the course of a shift in comparison but the effort I put into driving and stress caused by it is much lower.

toonsy:
Tbh this is why I drive at 52/53 nowadays. I dont get involved in the elephant racing, I just ppd along and watch everyone else rish around being super duper important. The difference to my journey time in minutes over the course of a shift in comparison but the effort I put into driving and stress caused by it is much lower.

It was speed that caused the accident then

toonsy:

More likely in my experience of Tesco drivers just trying to get out of doing a second run , and don’t get me started on you lot blocking the exit to the yard whilst trying to hide within the ring fence
I’ve yet to see a Tesco driver who’s got a minutes worth of work in him never mind a day

toonsy:

Same here, my thing is '‘It gets there when it gets there’ and if it’s a timed delivery the world aint exactly gonna end if I’m late… :unamused:

I watched this knobhead in an artic tailgating a row of cars in lane two in the roadworks the other week, obviously wanting to crack on in some kind of desperate hurry and frustration.
Now I ain’t saying I agree,.but I can see the frustration when a car won’t move out of lane 2 lane hogging…, but the car (cars) in front had nowhere to go as all lanes were busy, but this prick just sat on his bumper all through the road works.
This is why we need to go back to motorway Police patrols monitoring traffic.

Happy Trucker1:

If anyone can…

Remember ‘The Blue Rig’ cafe on the old A34. Some decades ago, the very same sentiments were being expressed by a group of old hands over a full English breakfast and a pack of Players number 6.

It’s always been rush rush rush.