Here's looking at you kid

Few more.

yourhavingalarf:
Thank you…

Frangles. I was surprised that of all the trips in all the countries and all of the towns in all of the world, you had to walk in to mine.

I’m convinced you owe me about 6 pints then. :smiley:

Those are the only pics I’ve ever seen of the trip.

youtu.be/lvHUGOHdHhY

Thanks.

Ah…including what Bogey never said: “play it again Sam”.

Ali had a shop along the way from Tangier port. He took a few of us hapless drivers into his shop…

Could be the start of a horror story about being ripped off, but it isnt. He talked to us, we had time to spare, gave us mint tea, and sold us some stuff. Firstly he explained that he would ask a price he didnt expect us to pay. OK we aint so dumb that we hadnt heard of haggling, but it isnt often we get a lesson in it. It was a good hour or so of conversation etc. The younger lad is Alis kid brother.

I bought a shirt. Another driver bought a heavy leather case/bag.
Would a local have paid less? Probably.
But Ali made a little cash, we paid less than we would have in Euroland, so everyone wins.

Driving back to Tangier empty. We were warned that locals would try to get inside the trailers on the way into the port, so we strapped the rear doors open. Stops any damage being done and it is easy so see inside and shoo them out.
Sure enough slowing for peages or traffic youths would appear from nowhere and try to get inside the trailers, being open already confused them.

All trailers were well inspected before getting on ferry back to Algeciras. No penalty at all for having stowaways. The authorities all know it usually isn`t the fault of a driver if an individual bis risking life and limb literally to stowaway.

January this year.
Whoops I`ll re-do those

IMGP6569.JPG

Read these Mr Larf and really enjoyed the read, would be great if you did some more.
And Frangers some good pics there bud and again enjoyed reading and looking at your pics, if you have memorys can you put them down in writig?
I really enjoy reading about Euro running as it was just before my time. I was asked to go away when my boss at the time won a contract but having not long gotten married I lost my bottle in telling my new wife I was going to be away for 6 weeks lol.

@ Msgyorkie,
I have done a fair bit Europe, but was too late for the Middle East runs.
Take a visit to the Ole Folks Home they call “Old Time Lorries…etc” There is a lot of proper long distance stuff on there.

Franglais:
@ Msgyorkie,
Take a visit to the Ole Folks Home they call “Old Time Lorries…etc” There is a lot of proper long distance stuff on there.

Ill take a look later when home. Doesnt have to be middle east, I often enjoy the stories and tall tales of euro running.

msgyorkie:

Franglais:
@ Msgyorkie,

Ill take a look later when home. Doesnt have to be middle east, I often enjoy the stories and tall tales of euro running.

Lots of good stuff in oldie section. Some good long yarns, plus shorter conversational type threads.
Start here maybe?
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 5&t=172708

msgyorkie:
Read these Mr Larf and really enjoyed the read, would be great if you did some more.

I did one some years ago…

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … s#p2365412

About my first ever trip to Portugal.

yourhavingalarf:

msgyorkie:

I did one some years ago…

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … s#p2365412

About my first ever trip to Portugal.

Hahaha just read it. Brilliant read bud!

The driver that had been on coaches , Sounds like Stuart from Dunstable? he is on his own liveing in Luton now lol,
His mums name is Bridget ■■? no i am not with her .

Hi Franglais

Is that your camper in the piccky, we have a camper as well and thought of a trip there, any problems getting insurance, I hear you have to by it at the port. Regards Frank

Sorry for delay in replying, been wandering around for a while in the hills.

Yep the white one is mine. HZJ 75 Troopy with a pop-top on it.

Try asking for insurance before you go with your own company. If they aren’t co-operative then Moroccan insurance can be bought in the port, and makes you legal, but it won’t be all singing’n’dancing recovery included etc.
But whatever you’re happy with.

Morocco is a great place for 4x4 and motorhome etc camping. Cheap fuel, and from modern m-ways in the north to rough tracks in the mountains, desert etc.
Campsites are variable but no more so than Euro/UK ones. Mostly good value, and either show up or book www/phone tec beforehand.

Go for it! :grinning: