Henry long transport

Here`s the Comet not a good pic ,difficult to enlarge

longs leyland.png

What great Pictures I can not wait to see this at a local show maybe harrogate on the trans pennine the signwriting is spot on

ramone:
Great pics where were they taken and who owns it .Did Longs run any ergo Albions, there was a Peter Davies photo on ebay last year of a LAD cabbed Comet.I wonder if any of the fleet survived , there`s an old 20 ft box van trailer of theirs in a yard at East Bowling

The signwriting is spot on hope to see this on trans pennine run in august

Piggy

1AEC.JPG

Lilladan:
Piggy

Brilliant , ive seen the 8 wheeler before or 1 similar loaded with bales but the Mandator is a new one for me whats the registration?

Any of you lads coming to a one transport re/union next week,keith

ramone:

Lilladan:
Piggy

Brilliant , ive seen the 8 wheeler before or 1 similar loaded with bales but the Mandator is a new one for me whats the registration?

The Mandator has a 1964 reg , and a scratch built tandem semi trailer , the Mammoth Mager has been improved with a high hedbord and a steel channel bumper bar with a towing eye ,also sits on top a scratch built drawbar trailer.

Henry Long transport…them were the days. I used to go with my dad in the school holidays, its where I cut my teeth and caught the bug. God how times have changed.

Lilladan:

ramone:

Lilladan:
Piggy

The Mandator has a 1964 reg , and a scratch built tandem semi trailer , the Mammoth Mager has been improved with a high hedbord and a steel channel bumper bar with a towing eye ,also sits on top a scratch built drawbar trailer.

176 C04778.jpg

ramone:

Lilladan:

ramone:

Lilladan:
Piggy

Nice bit of roping and sheeting on both trailers,looks like ones loaded with Heinz products the other with wool
they would look good on the roping and sheeting thread.
Regards Dave.■■

At the bottom of manchester rd Bradford ,it looks like 1 of Longs

Longs Mandator crash.jpg

Eddie Robbo was the door man at fair weathergreen club still goes in

anybody remember harold, he used to drive a four wheeler flat for longs collecting bales etc keighley skipton area in the early 70s…he lived on coach road in baildon…he finished up living in springfield u.s.a. he died there quite a few years back…then there was charlie2k…his wagon was registered 2k…we all used to meet up at the old tomato dip cafe at skipton…charlie always on his back from greenock with a container… i was working at hanson haulage at the time.

This may have been on before, found on the internet, don’t know who it belongs to, so will remove if it offends.

Regards. John.

old 67:
This may have been on before, found on the internet, don’t know who it belongs to, so will remove if it offends.
Regards. John.

It may be a Peter Davies photo , it was taken on Tong Street Bradford , Loris St is just behind it and Shetcliffe Lane is almost on the opposite side of the road. I think it`s a Mandator , they had some that pulled trailers

Hi all,
I worked with a few blokes years ago and I’m sure they all worked for Longs, but could be wrong.

Alan Hill, Charlie Askwith & big Dave. ?. Can’t remember his last name but I think he came from lidget green.

I saw the restored albion at Harrogate last year, driven by Charlie Askwith, I’m sure he said it belonged to Paul Long, wasn’t a Longs motor originally but looks the part.

patrick 68:
Hi all,
I worked with a few blokes years ago and I’m sure they all worked for Longs, but could be wrong.

Alan Hill, Charlie Askwith & big Dave. ?. Can’t remember his last name but I think he came from lidget green.

I saw the restored albion at Harrogate last year, driven by Charlie Askwith, I’m sure he said it belonged to Paul Long, wasn’t a Longs motor originally but looks the part.

I think it`s Andrew Long who owns it , he was originally Northside Truck Centre when he left Longs he went on to Launch LCW with 2 others

The Albion belongs to Andrew caygill

Thanks for the correction

Patrick

He would be the C in LCW , Andrew being the L , i heard that Andrew had quite a few photos of Longs motors , i would love to see `em :wink: