Help!

Coffeeholic:

R.D:
semtex,i was apologising for something i didnt do :laughing: :laughing: i posted my 1st reply via my phone and i thought it came out a bit wrong in a crazy layout kinda way,but looking at it via my pc,it looks okay :unamused:

That’s because someone fixed it for you so it didn’t look crazy. :wink: :sunglasses:

Why don’t you do that to mine !!!
Getting to R.D’s point i would ask the gaffer just who’s back are you meant to be scratching. Are you helping the guys out by getting in early or helping out by tipping late on, but you can’t do both. Just ask him which one you should be doing and put it on his toes. Never mind recording him him just get him on video, pull your phone up to your bag ■■■■■■■■ your shoulder , put your thumb under the strap and hit the capture button !!!

Mike-C:

Coffeeholic:

R.D:
semtex,i was apologising for something i didnt do :laughing: :laughing: i posted my 1st reply via my phone and i thought it came out a bit wrong in a crazy layout kinda way,but looking at it via my pc,it looks okay :unamused:

That’s because someone fixed it for you so it didn’t look crazy. :wink: :sunglasses:

Why don’t you do that to mine !!!

I have done in the past. :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

R.D:

i did wonder what was going on :laughing: :laughing: thanks

shade:
if you record it you HAVE to tell him beforehand

I’d be interested in your justification for that comment.

Whilst I appreciate that under the Data Protection Act, companies or organisations have a duty to inform customers/visitors/enquirers that their conversations may be recorded, or that CCTV is in operation for a given purpose, I am not aware of these restrictions being placed upon the general MOP (Members of the Public).

Indeed, if I were to answer my landline phone and, at the same time, set the ansafone facility to record the conversation, I see no obligation to inform the other party. :wink:

Krankee, you have my apologies I was wrong.

We have received a letter from an employee asking if he can tape record the disciplinary meeting. Must we comply with his request?
We recently suspended an employee who was accused of bullying another member of staff. We carried out the necessary investigations and then sent the accused employee a letter requesting him to attend a disciplinary meeting. However, we have now received a letter from the employee asking if he can tape record the meeting. Must we comply with his request?

There is no statutory obligation on any employer to permit an employee to tape record disciplinary hearings.

Therefore, unless the company disciplinary procedure sets out a right for employees to tape record hearings (and such a provision is not common), there is no obligation to agree to the employee’s request.

Permitting employees to tape record hearings can be problematic but good practice dictates that the employer should arrange for notes to be taken at the hearing. You could, therefore, advise the employee that he will be provided with a copy of the notes after the hearing. The employee and his companion are also free to take notes during the hearing.

Under the statutory disciplinary and dismissal procedures, the employee has a right to be accompanied at a disciplinary meeting by a trade union representative or a colleague.

The role of the companion is, however, limited. The companion is permitted to address the disciplinary or grievance hearing (but notto answer questions on behalf of the employee), and to confer with the worker during the hearing.

Unless the company’s policy states otherwise, the employee is not permitted to take a solicitor along to such meetings.

The Acas Code of Practice states that “it is good practice to allow the companion to participate as fully as possible in the hearing, including asking witnesses questions”. This goes further than the employer’s legal obligations in this respect.

Sinead Donnelly, solicitor, employment, DWF

RD sorry to steer you wrong but I was acting in good faith mate, guess I shouldn’t belive all i’m told eh :wink:

Anyway , what happened today?

Just tell him you’ll inform VOSA if he keeps being unreasonable, that will put the fear of God in to him. Sounds like a big operation, i’m sure they would find enough to take the licence if they had a mooch.

Ok,quick drunk post! What would happen if i joined a union? My boss doesnt recognise unions,but my dad ( who is a 30yr driving pro) does? Could i press him that way? Im thinking of leaving now,but i want to make him squirm! Any ideas?

R.D:
Ok,quick drunk post! What would happen if i joined a union? My boss doesnt recognise unions,but my dad ( who is a 30yr driving pro) does? Could i press him that way? Im thinking of leaving now,but i want to make him squirm! Any ideas?

Reading between the lines, and the alcohol. :laughing:

It would depend upon what your employer would consider to be a ‘colleague’. (quoting references above.)

If the wording was a ‘co-employee’, then that could be problematical. But the word ‘colleague’ could be construed as being someone working in the same sector of an Industry but for a different employer. :bulb:

Put the request in writing and await their response.

shade:
Krankee, you have my apologies I was wrong.

No probs.

I don’t profess to know everything, but when I see something that appears to be wrong (or ill informed) then I’m willing to question it. Hopefully, in a courteous manner.
:wink: