Help with daf 45 breathing heavy

Sorry that’s lost on me; I’ve never heard of him.

Took off cylinder head this afternoon. Not good. Norb you was spot on,there is a score mark all the way down number 3 bore. Number 6 cylinder has by the looks of the carbon ring up the bore 1.5" from the top snapped its rings. Also the piston crown has damage on it from squashing a bit of broken up ring. There was a small piece embeded in the piston that I dug out and it looks like a piece of ring to me. Cant think what else it could be other than a bit of valve guide. Dont now of anyone around the Wrexham area that does in situ boring but if anyone does could they let me no before I pull the motor. PS where is the best place to get head gaskets etc for this motor ,or is it main dealer parts? Thanks again for all the help.

For the head gasket set either ■■■■■■■ ,DAF ,possible Factors…As for engineering shop ,may be an idea to call, pop in to your local dealer and ask who they use

Is that engine the one that CNH (Case New Holland) were involved in?

Might be able to get parts cheaper through their dealers, them farmers don’t like parting with cash unless they have to!

newmercman:
Is that engine the one that CNH (Case New Holland) were involved in?

Might be able to get parts cheaper through their dealers, them farmers don’t like parting with cash unless they have to!

Yes newmercman ,the European engine alliance ,think Iveco where also involved

They were.

Mobile engine Rebores, Steve 07836 567500. Does all the local Manchester Daf dealers & will travel a LOT further. I use him for all our boring & liner work.

Thanks very much wagger, will phone him tomoz morning.

Norb "spot On " this monkey said you would have a “melted piston”!

Bking:
Norb "spot On " this monkey said you would have a “melted piston”!

AWWWWW didums burger king ,you upset …After your trailer LSV ,turbo along with many other threads you have been proven wrong on ,would anyone in their right mind listen to you

Jealousy is a terrible thing :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Norb is the best, his no monkey

sheep1:
Norb is the best, his no monkey

Thank you sheep1 , :blush: :blush: :blush: though you now know you will be in burger kings crosshairs

Gone very quiet, think I’ve scared him away. I feel like the Trucknet bully now.

Shame on you Own Account Driver …Though I did enjoy the trailer thread :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: He just won’t listen to others opinions,no matter where they come from…He will be back next weekend

Just an update. Had the fella out to bore the block in situ that wagger put me onto. Top notch job, done with some real nice equipment. Had extraction on the boring bar and I swear not one grain of swarf went in the block.Would recomend steve,he had all the angles covered. Thanks again for all the help.

Broncobillyboy:
Just an update. Had the fella out to bore the block in situ that wagger put me onto. Top notch job, done with some real nice equipment. Had extraction on the boring bar and I swear not one grain of swarf went in the block.Would recomend steve,he had all the angles covered. Thanks again for all the help.

Good to hear you got sorted, he really knows his stuff does Steve, he seems to keep pretty busy & travels all over the place.
He is quite often to be found at a friend of mine doing tractor engine blocks.

Good to know you have got a result ,also wagger and his contact steve,what can you say excellent lads …As finding a engineering shop never mind a good one can be difficult at times