Help with a taco problem please

Ihave just had 30 infringments for not showing at least 5 mins other work for daily checks and had to sign every one :open_mouth:
I wanted to tell tm he was a complete ā– ā– ā– ā–  and talkin a load of bollox but iā€™m only ion as a casual and need the work :laughing:
Just out of interest does any one know if there is a set time you can be on a casual contract or can it be indefinate?

Saaamon:
I dont bother showing a daily check, i get all that done first then get inside and fill my tacho in and tick my check sheet off.

If you get stopped in a control and nothing wrong is found with the truck it wonā€™t be a problem. If for instance a light is found to be out you wonā€™t be able to get away with saying it must have just gone because as far as they are concerned you didnā€™t do your daily checks. If you say you did do them then you are open to a case of creating a false record because you havenā€™t recorded the time.

4whatitsworth:
Ihave just had 30 infringments for not showing at least 5 mins other work for daily checks and had to sign every one :open_mouth:
I wanted to tell tm he was a complete ā– ā– ā– ā–  and talkin a load of bollox but iā€™m only ion as a casual and need the work :laughing:
Just out of interest does any one know if there is a set time you can be on a casual contract or can it be indefinate?

this is the most biggest payements of fine for not using your digi manual entrys at the momentā€¦just say you turn up for work at 0700 get paperwork and do your vehicle checks and as soon as you get in the cab insert your card at 0705ā€¦tacho reads end of last blah blah blah! then card insert time is 0705 ā€œAS SOON AS YOU INSERT CARD you have just pressed yes to 0705 but should have entered 0700 manualyā€ā€¦vosa know thats an easy Ā£30 and even if you done your vehicle checks they dont know that asā€¦ you have just pressed yes to 0705 but should have entered 0700 manualyā€¦

elcamino:

4whatitsworth:

this is the most biggest payements of fine for not using your digi manual entrys at the momentā€¦just say you turn up for work at 0700 get paperwork and do your vehicle checks and as soon as you get in the cab insert your card at 0705ā€¦tacho reads end of last blah blah blah! then card insert time is 0705 ā€œAS SOON AS YOU INSERT CARD you have just pressed yes to 0705 but should have entered 0700 manualyā€ā€¦vosa know thats an easy Ā£30 and even if you done your vehicle checks they dont know that asā€¦ you have just pressed yes to 0705 but should have entered 0700 manualyā€¦

why not just put the card in first,then get paperwork and do checks?

I do the same - put the card in, then do my paperwork and checks for 5 minutes minimum before moving off to get my trailer. Taking 5 minutes to check a solo unit is stretching it though, so I usually have a coffee too :wink:

elcamino:
why would you want to put it on break as soon as you started workā– ā– ?

Basically,tuesdays to fridays from two in the afternoon to four i drive a class one then i change vehicles to the rigid take my fifteen then carry on with the run as I explained above[sorry shouldā€™ve pointed that out].At the moment i work for Royal Mail so the run is structured so i have to be in curtain places at curtain times hence on the mondays [when i got my infringements] i started on three occasions with a fifteen.This was more to do with trying different ways of getting the job done then anything else.On my run sheet it gives me only thirty minutes to get from Slough to Reading which is fine during the day but not at the start of rush hour.
On the subject of the time i took on checking the vehicle over i agree that anything less then five minutes is not enough however i drive the same vehicle pretty much every day and its very well maintained and it was that vehicle i got the infringements so i guess that is why i was a bit complacent on the vehicle checks.[Thats no excuse though]

Coffeeholic:

Saaamon:
I dont bother showing a daily check, i get all that done first then get inside and fill my tacho in and tick my check sheet off.

If you get stopped in a control and nothing wrong is found with the truck it wonā€™t be a problem. If for instance a light is found to be out you wonā€™t be able to get away with saying it must have just gone because as far as they are concerned you didnā€™t do your daily checks. If you say you did do them then you are open to a case of creating a false record because you havenā€™t recorded the time.

Well i cant argue with you as you know far more about the job than me, but as some people say they have a quick check around then go and have a coffee so in my eyes showing 10-15mins other work means f all as you could be doing anything.

Most drivers seem to find this so difficult, arrive at yard, collect keys, put card in, flick it to other work, wander off, grab a coffee, have a crap, ask where your mate is going, wander round the lorry and trailer with coffee in hand and then fill in defect sheets. You then have 4h.30 to drive or 6 hours to do other work, by which time you should be ready for another coffee or a crap :stuck_out_tongue:

As for getting thirty infringements, these are not infringements in any legal sense, sign them off if you want, argue with the infringement inspector or just do as I have said above.