Help please!! Daf xf

talking of preventative maintence who knows what 710 is answers on a postcard please (hint it is under the grill and should be part of your daily checks)

cooper1203:
talking of preventative maintence who knows what 710 is answers on a postcard please (hint it is under the grill and should be part of your daily checks)

“710–part of daily check–under the grill” ?

My breath is currently bated…Go on, tell us.

KarlM:

fingermissing:
You have pull the lever under the top passenger step to release the grill from locking position .

I’ve had trouble where it doesn’t work, the grill remains locked. What seems to have worked (most of the time) is to pull the lever all the way towards you as far as it goes, then jam something in it like a rag or one of your gloves (therefore holding it in the pulled position). This seems to release at least one of the catches, so pull that side of the grille free. Might have to do the pull/jam again for the other side.

That’s exactly what you have to do

LazyDriver:

Juddian:
Timely reminder for drivers to carry out simple lubing jobs for themselves.

Yes i know there’s a high number of ''aint my jobbers :unamused: ‘’ out there, but a few minutes a week spent going round with some grease, spray grease and/or the oil can lubing things like hinges locks (even dog clips) and cables that open grills will make your life a hell of a lot easier, don’t forget the humble fifth wheel itself, depending on what type of trailers you tow these can run out of grease between inspections.
Never ceases to amaze me watching Scania drivers in particular having to force the driver’s door open because the hinges have never seen a drop of lube since the vehicle was built.
It all goes to making your job easier and safer.

Sometimes it’s not the drivers fault. I was on an assignment recently for a large supermarket. I went into transport and asked where I get water to fill the washers. I was told to defect the cab and run it round the VMU! I suppose that explains why they were empty.
Not my cup of tea as I’m used to carrying out the basics like bulbs & fluids myself.

You’ve got the wrong handle then

Franglais:

cooper1203:

I have a 710 cap on my moped. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

cooper1203:

yep…

someone in my car club works for the aa and she got a call out because this customer rang up saying she couldnt find 710 anywhere where could she get it from sothey sent the club member out to see what the customer was on about.

cooper1203:

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

cooper1203:

yep…

someone in my car club works for the aa and she got a call out because this customer rang up saying she couldnt find 710 anywhere where could she get it from sothey sent the club member out to see what the customer was on about.

:smiley:
Nice One.

I had to defect my truck this morning. I wrote “Picture of bloke sitting on toilet on dashboard display”.

Harry Monk:
I had to defect my truck this morning. I wrote “Picture of bloke sitting on toilet on dashboard display”.

Hahaha!

Harry Monk:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Harry wins today