Help needed ;-)

Hmm, I don’t have an answer to this question. I could speculate but that will not help.

I know someone who will know :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: Where’s NEILLLLLLLL :question: :question: :exclamation: :exclamation:

as long as the tacho is on break at least 15 mins before the vehicle as been moved it shouldn’t be a problem.

then as soon as the vehicle is moved put it back on break and resume feet up on the dash for the remainder.

that is if you have any time left on your chart before your 4.5 are up

jon

The Offical Theory Test for Drivers of Large Vehicles (for tests taken from 16 July 2001):
Q 2.26: During your break your vehicle will be moved by another person. What should you do with the tachograph chart?

A: Remove the chart and make a manual record of the break period.

If your vehicle is likely to be used by an other person while you’re away from it, you should take your tachograph chart with you. Your break from driving should be entered on the reverse of the chart.

My copy of the book is out of date, but AFAIK, the rules are still the same.

Daz,

It is essential that your chart shows no movement during your 45 minute break, so;

1. Take your chart out and mark the break on the back.
  2. Replace with blank chart immediately and fill in centre field with what information you have ie ‘warehouse shunter’.
  3. Replace your chart after break and keep the ‘shunter’s’ chart, handing it in with your own as normal (or keep it yourself for future reference if the boss doesn’t want it).

The chart is personal to you and if you explain anomalies, there is nothing you can be charged with.

Salut, David.

Mr Flibble

Now rule 2.8, wording exactly the same

Jules

(ver: valid for theory tests taken from 1 April 2003)

thanks mr flibble,david and boots olead...thats cleared it up 100% :smiley:
no one can argue if it`s in black and white in the theory test book…that will do for me…cheers :smiley: